Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Islam right for Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kivaro wrote: »
    News just out:
    Irishman jailed for two-and-a-half years after fundraising for the Islamic State.

Hassan Bal (26) was jailed for two and a half years years at Waterford Circuit Court after he pleaded guilty to two charges of providing and attempting to provide funding for ISIS.
    Judge Eugene O'Kelly imposed a four and a half year sentence on Bal but suspended the final two years. He gave Bal credit for his early plea, his efforts to reform, his remorse and his previous good character.

One would have to wonder about Irish judges and their gullibility.

I'm waiting for somebody in Rte to let him free

Firstly I'm absolutely delighted that you take my rugby analysis so seriously . I didn't think Jamie Hagan or Jack White were ever going to brought up in a thead about Islam on after hours but they are now. Hell me referencing Ciaran Clark breaking another rugby players arm. Making this thread. You've outdone yourself.

Secondly your self importance is adorable.

I know your not a doctor, but thanks for the prognosis . Do you have a future in medicine ?

So in two posts you have claimed that I am a 'smashed drunk ' , that I've had a stroke. Anymore?

This has to be the oddest post, even beats the one in the trump thread yesterday. Your certainly winning something. What your winning? , no one knows.

As i said, I'm absolutely delighted you've taken umbrage with my rugby analysis. If you want to talk about the rugby world from a few years ago, be my guest. Don't think this place for it though.

Those are your first posts on the site and I sorted by Oldest. It takes two seconds.

It still doesn't explain your weird posts where you forget the English language. Thought you'd sold your account or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Those are your first posts on the site and I sorted by Oldest. It takes two seconds.

It still doesn't explain your weird posts where you forget the English language. Thought you'd sold your account or something.

As i said I'm delighted you decided to bring up posts years ago in the rugby forum.
    Its so odd. Is this your version winning? Here's a tip , read the thread title before quoting the rugby. It really isn't hard.

If you want to talk about rugby from years ago , here's a link to rugby forum, but you may to sort through dates, prob take you a few seconds.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=388

You think I've sold my account, I'm not Irish?. The drivel from you is just superb. Outdoing yourself every new post. You've failed and will continue to fail with your thinking.

Oh,and you just because I don't write like you . Doesn't mean I've forgotten the English Language or don't handle on it. I'm surrounded by it everyday . You do know people speak English in Dublin, Dun Laoghaire, Dundrum , Crumlin, hell even when I visit my cousins in Mallow they speak English language. I write in a more colloquial manner, obviously it goes over your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Poll seems to have upset people. Maybe best to take it down before they cry.

#NotMyPoll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

There have been countless stories of Muslim immigrants degrading women and gay people all across Europe and generally not integrating into the countries that they have moved to, personally i was very pro migrant about a year (maybe a year and a half) ago but have completely 180'd on the topic and now have a serious feeling of discomfort when i think about Islam spreading to Ireland. Am i the only person who feels like we have enough problems without adding this new religion into the mix? the idea that governments want to change the views of their own people rather than address the source of the issue (in my eyes Islam and the less liberal nations from which these groups originate)scares me because it sends us back to the times of keeping everything silent, it will only lead to another catholic church situation where eventually their atrocities all come to light at once.

White hetrosexual men have problems with gays and women too. Read the paper, how many sexual assualts happen to women on a weekly basis by the hands of white, irish men? How many gay people are beaten up at the hands of white irish men?

White men have more to answer for than any religion or culture.

As i said I'm delighted you decided to bring up posts years ago in the rugby forum.
    Its so odd. Is this your version winning? Here's a tip , read the thread title before quoting the rugby. It really isn't hard.

If you want to talk about rugby from years ago , here's a link to rugby forum, but you may to sort through dates, prob take you a few seconds.

See this is just blatant trying to get me banned. You know exactly why I quoted that and it was because you always used to use proper English and grammar. The drivel from you is just superb.
    You think I've sold my account, I'm not Irish?. The drivel from you is just superb. Outdoing yourself every new post. You've failed and will continue to fail with your thinking.

I don't care where you're from. You've got a weird mix of posts that I wanted clarified. Usually posters who speak normally and use paragraphs and the like do so consistently. You've failed and will continue to fail with your thinking.
    Oh,and you just because I don't write like you . Doesn't mean I've forgotten the English Language or don't handle on it. I'm surrounded by it everyday . You do know people speak English in Dublin, Dun Laoghaire, Dundrum , Crumlin, hell even when I visit my cousins in Mallow they speak English language. I write in a more colloquial manner, obviously it goes over your head.

No idea what this is. You were literally making no sense and other have noticed as well. There is no way people from those places would understand the drivel from you.

Report me now when I'm quoting your insults back.

dav3 wrote: »
    The reason why normal people ignore these polls is that they attract idiots using their 25 different accounts to vote.

Why are you taking umbrage with this poll? The question asks simply Is Islam Right For Ireland? Most people have said it's not. Do you think it is, in a yes or no type vote? For example Captain Obvious, who himself speaks out about perceived Islamophobia, has declared a NO on this. He owed that to religion being unnecessary in Ireland, any religion. Is it that hard a concept that others might follow suit. I take it you're one of the few that has gone the other way, against the grain and voted YES? Are you, honestly? If so, can you tell us why?

All of the above has been written respectfully and it would be nice to get a respectful and reply.

We're all evil. Lock us up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

MSM? Leo is that you?

The reason why normal people ignore these polls is that they attract idiots using their 25 different accounts to vote.

There must be a lot of idiots in Europe, a majority even.

C4IzNY5XAAEJac0.jpg

Kivaro wrote: »
    News just out:
    Irishman jailed for two-and-a-half years after fundraising for the Islamic State.

Hassan Bal (26) was jailed for two and a half years years at Waterford Circuit Court after he pleaded guilty to two charges of providing and attempting to provide funding for ISIS.
    Judge Eugene O'Kelly imposed a four and a half year sentence on Bal but suspended the final two years. He gave Bal credit for his early plea, his efforts to reform, his remorse and his previous good character.

One would have to wonder about Irish judges and their gullibility.

Proof that the justice system is doing something about terrorists & their fundraisers.
    Great.

• Advertisement

White hetrosexual men have problems with gays and women too. Read the paper, how many sexual assualts happen to women on a weekly basis by the hands of white, irish men? How many gay people are beaten up at the hands of white irish men?

In western countries... because they're the fricking majority race of males. Do you suggest similar because in Thailand most crimes against women or gays happen by Thai men? Or that in Africa, most crimes occur by black men? In China, violence by white males is tiny... does that mean we should get an award? Your logic would seem to suggest it's merited.

I swear... The logic of some posters is utterly bizarre.

See this is just blatant trying to get me banned. You know exactly why I quoted that and it was because you always used to use proper English and grammar. The drivel from you is just superb.

I don't care where you're from. You've got a weird mix of posts that I wanted clarified. Usually posters who speak normally and use paragraphs and the like do so consistently. You've failed and will continue to fail with your thinking.

No idea what this is. You were literally making no sense and other have noticed as well. There is no way people from those places would understand the drivel from you.

Report me now when I'm quoting your insults back.

Your doing a fine job at getting yourself banned yourself. Nice bit of victimhood there. I'm also delighted you are showing absolutely no creativity with the English language and literally copy and pasting things I've said to you back. Whats with that?.

Anyway if you wanted to talk about Jamie Hagan or Jack White. There is a forum for that.

I thinks there's medical forum . You seem to diagnose people with strokes . Whats what wrong with you?.

'You've got a weird mix of posts that I wanted clarified'
    Your self importance is adorable.

People can understand me fine. You can't , that's on you.

I have managed to converse on boards and real life without having some twit tell me my posts are written 'smashed drunk' and that 'I've had stroke' for years. Whats wrong with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why are you taking umbrage with this poll? The question asks simply Is Islam Right For Ireland? Most people have said it's not. Do you think it is, in a yes or no type vote? For example Captain Obvious, who himself speaks out about perceived Islamophobia, has declared a NO on this. He owed that to religion being unnecessary in Ireland, any religion. Is it that hard a concept that others might follow suit. I take it you're one of the few that has gone the other way, against the grain and voted YES? Are you, honestly? If so, can you tell us why?

All of the above has been written respectfully and it would be nice to get a respectful and reply.

I'm taking umbrage with the idea that this poll holds any relevance. It could be 100% no, it doesn't mean anything. These polls always, without fail, attract the same idiots who feel voting multiple times will somehow swing opinion in Ireland.

Islam is not right for Ireland, christianity is not right for Ireland, judaism is not right for Ireland, buddhism is not right for Ireland. I could go on. If you want to kick them all out of the country, let me know when you'd like to start.

What an utter waste of time, Winnie. To quote you earlier, you're odd. Enjoy your whatever it is you're doing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm taking umbrage with the idea that this poll holds any relevance. It could be 100% no, it doesn't mean anything. These polls always, without fail, attract the same idiots who feel voting multiple times will somehow swing opinion in Ireland.
    When referenda are on the go polls on Boards always follow the actual result and pretty closely. The recent amendment on abortion an example. Why assume this is any different. I'd bet if there were a vote on immigration from outside the EU in general should we restrict it further, yay or nay, put to the Irish people it would be close enough to the split illustrated here. A majority nay anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

What an utter waste of time, Winnie. To quote you earlier, you're odd. Enjoy your whatever it is you're doing.

I found your posts over the top and hilarious if that's any conciliation. As I said , i don't around calling people stroke victims and smashed drunks. You do. Off to the rugby forum with you.

2 Scoops wrote: »

C4IzNY5XAAEJac0.jpg

Get out of here with your stats that does not suit the agenda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I swear... The logic of some posters is utterly bizarre.

It seems to me studying things where there is no right or wrong answer has left a little to be desired in that department.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Wibbs wrote: »
    When referenda are on the go polls on Boards always follow the actual result and pretty closely. The recent amendment on abortion an example. Why assume this is any different. I'd bet if there were a vote on immigration from outside the EU in general should we restrict it further, yay or nay, put to the Irish people it would be close enough to the split illustrated here. A majority nay anyway.

What has voting on immigration from outside the EU got to do with this thread? I'd be all for restricting it btw. One far-right knuckledragger from Norway or the US is one too many.

Anyway, getting back on topic. If there were any votes to be won by restricting muslims or refugees coming into Ireland, fine gael would be all over it. Leo and the lads would be harpooning dinghies in the Mediterranean themselves as we speak, all while getting the evil MSM to film them.

Seriously though lads, instead of constantly trying to rig polls or bumping threads to the top that paint foreigners in a bad light. Just go out and vote in an actual election for a candidate who is anti-muslim or anti-foreigner. Then we can all get a good laugh when we see exactly how many of you there are.

• Advertisement

I'm taking umbrage with the idea that this poll holds any relevance. It could be 100% no, it doesn't mean anything.

No polls on here really mean anything. It's just a forum online. However, it was pointed out that polls from here were on point with regard to SSM and the 8th. So I suppose you could argue it's a gauge of a cross-section of society, or at least After Hours which is probably the biggest subsection of this type of messageboard.
    These polls always, without fail, attract the same idiots who feel voting multiple times will somehow swing opinion in Ireland.

What are you basing that on? Are you saying people are re-registering accounts when these polls go up just so they can vote on an anonymous internet 'referendum'? If it's private, how could you know that? Is it possible you're just on the minority side of an opinion?
    Islam is not right for Ireland

So you voted NO then? Or, if you were going to cast one, that's what you'd put? Does that make you one of the aforementioned idiots?
    christianity is not right for Ireland, judaism is not right for Ireland, buddhism is not right for Ireland. I could go on.

I agree. Religion is outdated IMO.
    If you want to kick them all out of the country, let me know when you'd like to start.

I don't wanna kick anyone out of anywhere. Never once said I did either. People are free to believe in what they wish and follow customs as they see fit. If it doesn't impose on anyone else, I see no issue really. I'm still free to have an opinion on religion though myself and mine happens to be that it's all tosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

2 Scoops wrote: »

C4IzNY5XAAEJac0.jpg

Where are the rest of the European countries polled? Excuse me if I couldn't be arsed with what a group of recently fascist/imperialist mad ****ers think.

AfterLife wrote: »
    Where are the rest of the European countries polled? Excuse me if I couldn't be arsed with what a group of recently fascist/imperialist mad ****ers think.

People have been called racist for much less then that in here

People have been called racist for much less then that in here

Its a fact. What about the other 18 EU countries? What about us? Looks like a poll to suit the pollsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note:

Take it elsewhere, folks, off topic for this thread. If in doubt, CHECK THE THREAD TITLE!

Again, off topic, take it elsewhere, and as above, CHECK THE THREAD TITLE!

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheManTheMyth

If whitey is so bad, why are millions so desperate to move to White European countries? Are they sadists?

• Advertisement

If whitey is so bad, why are millions so desperate to move to White European countries? Are they sadists?

Whitey did a savage job of destroying every continent they went to. They have all the money they sucked out of the rest of the world.

You should read a few books. You would be amazed at what went on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I've just looked at your posts in "Oldest first".. Below are some examples.

Would like to see Hagan get in ahead of White. Will Leinster bring in another tight head next season when White goes to Connacht?

I've looked at the video again and again. Just horrible. Perhaps Hawkins was slowing the ball, Clark was trying to clear him out and didnt mean to pull his arm in that fashion, trying to come up with an excuse, just cant see one.

Could well see NZ having a 5-8 lead for the majority of the match. A late counter attack try finished by Savea to seal the match. Great write up, it's got me going for a hopefully a stellar game

Would you mind explaining what on Earth happened to your English grammar and general ability to get your points across? You were totally fluent.
    If it's a stroke or something, I apologise. But others have pointed it out as well. You're the most noticeable person who'd be mistaken for a non-native speaker on the site recently.

Edit: Nevermind. You just seem to be very inconsistent in your level of arsedness.
    Mod note: Ads by Google, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭older by the day

Its a fact. What about the other 18 EU countries? What about us? Looks like a poll to suit the pollsters.

Ah lads cop on, in this country they have been religious trouble since Cromwell. When I was young watching the news about northern ireland and listening to old people I taught protestants were the evil in the world then I wondered in to a service one day, and sher it was the same ding dong, they looked all bored as well. Is that what all the trouble was about. Same with the Muslims I wonder is it worth getting excited

It seems to me studying things where there is no right or wrong answer has left a little to be desired in that department.

Well... if studying was actually involved, I might agree with you more. Simply reading an article and automatically believing it to be true doesn't suggest studying anything.

Any real study of the "behavior" of humans regarding violence would show that white males are not the main aggressors in all situations (although they are in some), and women are more prone to using emotional violence (which isn't usually recorded as an attack, and yet, has longer lasting effects in many cases). Any study would also see the amount of violence shown in Lesbian relationships vs male gay relationships. Or the violence common within female only prisons. Or that in areas, where the populations of white & black people are more equal, black people still at the top in violent crime.

But studying such a topic takes time and effort.

Mod note:

Take it elsewhere, folks, off topic for this thread. If in doubt, CHECK THE THREAD TITLE!

Again, off topic, take it elsewhere, and as above, CHECK THE THREAD TITLE!

Buford T. Justice

Sorry. Just saw this. No more to be said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

If you're worried or think an anonymous poll on a niche Irish message boards site will swing public opinion in Ireland you really need to get out of the sun.
    It does mean however approx 90% of the posters here have a problem with Islam. Maybe that can be extrapolated for the overall population, but i suspect there would be a wide margin of error. Maybe not.
    But dismissing people's opinions as idiots just because they differ from yours is a sign of intolerance. Bigotry almost.
    Islam is not right for Ireland, christianity is not right for Ireland, judaism is not right for Ireland, buddhism is not right for Ireland. I could go on. If you want to kick them all out of the country, let me know when you'd like to start.

Of the four though, only one has 36% of their adherents prefering us all to live under the medieval backward nonsense that is Sharia law, putting it above 100s of years of enlightenment, advancement of human rights and all it entails for women and kafir, or worse, 57% of its young adherents preferring Ireland to become an actual Islamic state.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/muslims-give-their-blessing-vast-majority-very-happy-here-says-poll-26351878.html

So when I see naive, ill informed nonsense such as youve just posted, it really just shows you haven't a clue what Islam is.
    It is most certainly is not the same as all the others.

57% of its young adherents preferring Ireland to become an actual Islamic state.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/muslims-give-their-blessing-vast-majority-very-happy-here-says-poll-26351878.html

So when I see naive, ill informed nonsense such as youve just posted, it really just shows you haven't a clue what Islam is.
    It is most certainly is not the same as all the others.

And will those young people lose their beliefs as time goes by? Unlikely. They'll socialise with others with the same belief, and as time goes by, and the population rises, they'll want Ireland to change to suit their beliefs.

In each instance of trouble within Europe, rarely have older muslims been involved, but rather it's been the younger generations. The problem is that this younger generation will not lose those beliefs, will get married, have children (on average more children than western families) and pass those beliefs on to the vast majority of their children.

And yet, we're told not to worry. That they're not going to seek to change Ireland or any other country they settle in. Yup. Naive is a rather good description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Whitey did a savage job of destroying every continent they went to. They have all the money they sucked out of the rest of the world.

Read about what the Mughals did in India. You think the British were bad there?

And what about what the Turks did in Europe. And what they did to the Armenians.

Every colour and creed has blood and savagery on its hands.

Not just YT.

And will those young people lose their beliefs as time goes by? Unlikely. They'll socialise with others with the same belief, and as time goes by, and the population rises, they'll want Ireland to change to suit their beliefs.

In each instance of trouble within Europe, rarely have older muslims been involved, but rather it's been the younger generations. The problem is that this younger generation will not lose those beliefs, will get married, have children and pass those beliefs on to the vast majority of their children.

And yet, we're told not to worry. That they're not going to seek to change Ireland or any other country they settle in. Yup. Naive is a rather good description.

As the article says its the younger , next generations that are the issue.
    Same in every European country.
    But sure Ireland will be different! Ole ole ole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Push what?

Make someone who has had a hard life feel welcome?

Hey by all means make him feel welcome ! he sounded like a lovely lad - but this DENIAL OF REALITY .... he is not a Corkman ... he's not Irish ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Maybe you should read a few books yourself as your library seems remarkably slanted towards "White Guilt" titles.

The Japanese have had their moments for monumental butchery and empire building. China is an empire and has been for 1500 odd years. The Islamic world went on an imperial rampage throughout the Middle East and beyond and into Europe, only stopped by the French at the battle of Tours by Charles the Hammer(well cool name). The Middle East itself has been a too and fro battlefield since cut reeds were first imprinted into clay tablets five thousand years ago. That area is soaked in blood. Native Americans were taking lumps out of each for centuries and in Central and South America often very nasty cultures were forging major empires through bouts of bloodlust. Africans weren't all sitting around being noble pastoralists either.

"Whitey" actually came late to the game. Other than the Greeks and Romans who stayed pretty much "local" in Europe(Alex the Great went further but it didn't exactly last beyond his death). It was only after around the 16th century that European powers got a head of steam up for empire building and it peaked in the 19th century. Never mind that "Whitey" was beating the crap out of "Whitey" for most of Europe's history.

"Whitey". Jesus. :rolleyes: If you're not of European stock I might understand, though think your worldview binkered, If you're of European stock my question would be along the lines of WTF. I really don't know what to say about cultural self hate. No matter the culture.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

"Whitey". Jesus. :rolleyes: If you're not of European stock I might understand, though think your worldview binkered, If you're of European stock my question would be along the lines of WTF. I really don't know what to say about cultural self hate. No matter the culture.

It's the same revisionist and selective thinking about slavery. As if white people were the first to do it, and did it the most. Egypt was built on the backs of slaves, but that seems to be dismissed quite quickly. The Arabs were hitting up Africa for slaves in large numbers long before the whites arrived, and even then, it's doubtful that European ships would come even close to matching the numbers who were taken east by land.

Never mind, that slavery was actually ended by "whitey" as opposed to any of the other races who had engaged in it. But that's hardly convenient to the belief that white people were evil, and Muslims were so civilized. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should read a few books yourself as your library seems remarkably slanted towards "White Guilt" titles.

The Japanese have had their moments for monumental butchery and empire building. China is an empire and has been for 1500 odd years. The Islamic world went on an imperial rampage throughout the Middle East and beyond and into Europe, only stopped by the French at the battle of Tours by Charles the Hammer(well cool name). The Middle East itself has been a too and fro battlefield since cut reeds were first imprinted into clay tablets five thousand years ago. That area is soaked in blood. Native Americans were taking lumps out of each for centuries and in Central and South America often very nasty cultures were forging major empires through bouts of bloodlust. Africans weren't all sitting around being noble pastoralists either.

"Whitey" actually came late to the game. Other than the Greeks and Romans who stayed pretty much "local" in Europe(Alex the Great went further but it didn't exactly last beyond his death). It was only after around the 16th century that European powers got a head of steam up for empire building and it peaked in the 19th century. Never mind that "Whitey" was beating the crap out of "Whitey" for most of Europe's history.

Dam white people and their

*shuffles deck..picks card...

...tardiness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Is that why Zimbabwe was the wealthiest country in Africa when Mugabe took it over and nearly 4 decades later its an absolute basket case who's fault is that exactly.

MSM? Leo is that you?

Thankfully when it comes to actual voting in elections, you only get one vote. Although I get the feeling with these polls that most of the voters aren't actually Irish or even old enough to vote.

:D Keep telling yourself that ..

It must get tough trying to breath down there with your head under all that sand.

• Advertisement

They were fairly close the the opinion polls run by research and marketing teams in Ireland.

You're not that naive are you? Every poll about islam, immigration, or some imaginary invasion by foreigners, attracts the nutters. Everybody notices it.

How seriously can you take a poll like this that allows multiple votes by one person, of any age, living in any country?

Nutters :D

Tell me, are people who are fed up with the RCC nonsense also "nutters" ??

Or no, that particular religion is cool and trendy to piss all over ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

Never mind, that slavery was actually ended by "whitey" as opposed to any of the other races who had engaged in it. But that's hardly convenient to the belief that white people were evil, and Muslims were so civilized. :rolleyes:

Slavery is still rampant in the world, and guess what, it's not whitey who is taking slaves. We have eradicated that from our culture, but other cultures haven't caught up. It doesn't help that a book that they believe is infallible says that it is ok.

You should read a few history books on Africa, the Arab slave traders were way worse than the whites, in fact it was Livingston and Stanley (evil white men :rolleyes: ) that brought Europes and USA attention to it and got laws in place to ban it ...

You should read a few history books on Africa, the Arab slave traders were way worse than the whites, in fact it was Livingston and Stanley (evil white men :rolleyes: ) that brought Europes and USA attention to it and got laws in place to ban it ...

Well... The British did use their navy to block the slave trade, although it was more to cripple the economies of the slave trading nations in the M.East allowing them easier conquest in the region.

Now... some people will read that and take away that the British sought to conquer the M.East, and ignore the slave trading economy part... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Well... The British did use their navy to block the slave trade, although it was more to cripple the economies of the slave trading nations in the M.East allowing them easier conquest in the region.

Now... some people will read that and take away that the British sought to conquer the M.East, and ignore the slave trading economy part... :D

Sure in 1631, the Barbary Pirates (Ottomans) abducted a whole village of evil Whitey in Baltimore Cork!

https://www.obrien.ie/the-stolen-village

On a more serious note, is this what Modern Education is leading to? Turning a blind eye to the fact that humans of all colours and creeds have preyed on and knocked the **** out of each other throughout the ages and instead just blame white people for every **** thing that has happened in history?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

Please stop with all the facts. Somewhere in student digs, there is someone choking on their quinoa.

7 people voted Yes.

As a side project. Who are your favourite posters on boards if you were to name around a half dozen :P

I missed this post. Jeebus...

giphy.gif
    Do you really want to go down the rabbit hole of cultural equivalence regarding rape and threats to Gay folks? Really?
    What utter bollocks. What skin tone(though why that's even in the bloody mix...) was the first to widely introduce democracy, women's rights, Gay rights, racial discrimination laws, bans on slavery, freedom of religion, freedom of association, freedoms of the press and speech? Just to be going on with. Indeed who are most likely to question their own cultures, like you (I assume) do? And have that freedom to do so? Who gave us the modern world? For good and ill, mostly the former. If it weren't mostly the former then why does damned near every state on the planet you'd want to live in look more European than local. Even the rogue states run by nutters and demagogues they have the veneer of the European model. North Korea for all its isolationism and hate of "Whitey" wears clothes, goes around in cars, buses, bikes and trains, uses computers, throws up buildings etc that aren't exactly "local".

Kim Jog On earlier. In his Korean car with his lackey's wearing traditional Korean clothes.
    5ae2bfb619ee8643008b45b6-750-375.jpg

Not.

• Advertisement

Sure in 1631, the Barbary Pirates (Ottomans) abducted a whole village of evil Whitey in Baltimore Cork!

https://www.obrien.ie/the-stolen-village

On a more serious note, is this what Modern Education is leading to? Turning a blind eye to the fact that humans of all colours and creeds have preyed on and knocked the **** out of each other throughout the ages and instead just blame white people for every **** thing that has happened in history?

something we shouldn't judge past cultures by modern norms....something presentism...

unless its Whitey

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement