Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Islam right for Ireland?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

inforfun wrote: »
    And while we are on it... Dutch minister of foreign affairs is being made to eat his words after footage leaked from a meeting where he made some interesting points.
    Trouble was that those points were completely against the multicultural agenda so now he has to be force fed humble pie.

His remarks here

Fair question though - where is a successful multicultural society ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Is there one?
    I'm struggling to think of one.

Just goes to further the theory that if a cat has kittens in a stable, they are still kittens and not foals.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Is there one?

Just goes to further the theory that if a cat has kittens in a stable, they are still kittens and not foals.

I can only speak for what I've witnessed - streets back in the UK with Bangladeshi flags at either end and "Sharia Zone" signs plus a recent trip to Lyon where I was genuinely scared at the behaviour of a group of young North African men who behaved towards any female, comments, "pack" like actions - it was like being prey in the Serengeti. Even towards me and I'm late 40s and fat so not a looker by any stretch!!

Some cultures either have to be left behind or ideally not imported en masse, they're simply incompatible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Is there one?

Yes, but it won't necessarily make them dangerous or erratic.......they might just be stable kittens.

Yes, but it won't necessarily make them dangerous or erratic.......they might just be stable kittens.
    Yes but kittens don't attack the natives or try and implement ridiculous sharia zones and their own laws.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is there one?

Many Western societies are multicultural.

We're talking about human beings, not animals.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Yes but kittens don't attack the natives or try and implement ridiculous sharia zones and their own laws.

Not all kittens surely, or even all Muslim kittens I'd wager.

Not always no, if you fail to act like a human you should not be afforded that title.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Not always no, if you fail to act like a human you should not be afforded that title.

Nor should you be blamed for the actions of other people.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

ELM327 great point but I'd give up - you're about to have that point mocked by the cult defenders, expect sarcasm about Muslim cats or Allameeow akhbar or similar.

• Advertisement

Yes but successful?
    There are social problems in most "integrated" countries. Look at the likes of Birmingham in the UK, the sharia areas in Paris (where according to a parisian co worker of mine, even the police don't go), the problems in Germany which is bringing about the rise of AFD, Austria, Sweden, Belgium the list goes on.

A case could be made for Holland but everyone is high there anyway :pac:

It's an analogy. As well you know.

You know the definition of a moderate Muslim ?

One who is glad the extremists carry out their thoughts and ideas.

ELM327 great point but I'd give up - you're about to have that point mocked by the cult defenders, expect sarcasm about Muslim cats or Allameeow akhbar or similar.
    Arah sure I'm used to that here. :D

Generally threads here on liberalism have a 10:1 poster ratio in favour of mindless liberalism at all costs

You know the definition of a moderate Muslim ?

One who is glad the extremists carry out their thoughts and ideas.

Proof?

But, like the paedophile priests in the catholic church, if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

But, like the paedophile priests in the catholic church, if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

So non-paedophile priests are partly to blame. That's just drivel to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Better thing to ask is ...what is multicultural?

I went to school in the 2nd biggest city in The Netherlands and out of the 30 or so kids in my class, there were 4 Indonesian, 1 from Surinam, 1 from Yugoslavia, 1 guy from Pakistan, a Chinese guy, a Swedish girl, Italian guy and i am sure i miss 1 or 2.
    There was never ever a problem that you could even remotely link to a "cultural difference"
    To me that is multicultural with a dominant western culture and it did work.

Nowadays there are public schools in the big cities were 80 or 90% of the kids are muslim. That is monocultural

Nowadays my school has been renamed to Ibn Khaldoun but it had to be renamed after that after it appeared they had been handing out the exams, including the answers, for a few years.
    And supporters of the multikul (Dutch for multicultural bull****) were so proud this Islamic school was getting such great results....

If political figures like the new mayor of Amsterdam Femke Halsema, who is as left as they come (Groen Links >>> Green Left) is taking her kids out of a black school to put them in a white school, because she thinks it is better for her kids, you know **** is ****ed up.
    And that is so ****ed up about most of these advocates of the multicultural society.... they avoid living in it themselves or escape it as fast as they can, as soon as they can.

You only have to look at the groen links members in the Dutch parliament, Dutch Senate and Europe how diversity is something that is for the others but not for them.

No, it's not. It's spot on.

If you knew that your fellow priest was abusing children, said nothing and facilitated them going to a different parish KNOWING they would start again - then yes, you are partly to blame.

This is not a thread about the paedophile priests
    But they were all complicit, they all covered it up, right the way to the vatican.

But they were all complicit, they all covered it up, right the way to the vatican.

I didn't bring it up. It's frankly a false equivalence as the millions of Muslims in Europe don't speak to each other like they're all part of the same organisation.

• Advertisement

Proof?

Nothing the achingly hip and progressive left acceot but why not try:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

The Grauniad should be nice and fluffy and liberal for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

That makes no sense

I didn't bring it up. It's frankly a false equivalence as the millions of Muslims in Europe don't speak to each other like they're all part of the same organisation.

They don't need to - as long as they have the same Quran and teachings and the rest of the bull****, it'll pass along.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

I watch citizen Khan on Gold and I think its very funny

I watch citizen Khan on Gold and I think its very funny

It's dire.

Goodness Gracious Me, now that was funny.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. They didn't *all* cover it up. Your obsession with the Catholic Church is unnerving.

Nothing the achingly hip and progressive left acceot but why not try:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

The Grauniad should be nice and fluffy and liberal for you.

I imagine many other religious people do as well though you're not complaining about them oddly enough.

It's dire.

Goodness Gracious Me, now that was funny.

Goodness Gracious Me was good but in fairness they didnt have to be as PC back then, I think Khan is funny, its almost self mockery and it puts a friendly spin on muslims which is something you dont often see

I imagine many other religious people do as well though you're not complaining about them oddly enough.

WTF ?? I've just said many Catholic priests who may not have directly abused kids were complicit.

And I'm Catholic ffs!!

• Advertisement

Goodness Gracious Me was good but in fairness they didnt have to be as PC back then, I think Khan is funny, its almost self mockery and it puts a friendly spin on muslims which is something you dont often see

Might give it another go, fair enough so!

Still think East is East and Bend it Like Beckham were brilliant and should be held up more!

Might give it another go, fair enough so!

Still think East is East and Bend it Like Beckham were brilliant and should be held up more!

i agree, bend it like beckham was a great movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So catholics in Ireland should be held responsible for the rapes the priests carried out?

So catholics in Ireland should be held responsible for the rapes the priests carried out?

That's not what the point was.

I'm Catholic and was disgusted when the extent came out.

Had I known about it and agreed that it was okay, or actively covered it up/defended it - absolutely I should have been held responsible.

It's apples and oranges though - very few Catholics would have thought raping altar servers was okay but plenty of Muslims are happy to see indoctrination and brainwashing going on in their mosques/madrassas.

That's not what the point was.

I'm Catholic and was disgusted when the extent came out.

Had I known about it and agreed that it was okay, or actively covered it up/defended it - absolutely I should have been held responsible.

It's apples and oranges though - very few Catholics would have thought raping altar servers was okay but plenty of Muslims are happy to see indoctrination and brainwashing going on in their mosques/madrassas.

It doesnt matter wether you knew about it or not

In your own words
    They don't need to - as long as they have the same BIBLE and teachings and the rest of the bull****, it'll pass along.

In your own words

Nowhere in my bible does it say raping altar servers is okay.

The Quran does however say killing unbelievers is keenly encouraged.

And again - missed the point. There are "normal" Muslims in the UK who think the actions of suicide bombers and jihadis are okay.

• Advertisement

In your own words

Where in the bible does it say you should rape children? Chapter and verse please.

Where in the bible does it say you should rape children? Chapter and verse please.

TBH in 16 years of Catholic school I read some rough sh*te, Leviticus etc but I never spotted that.

Nowhere in my bible does it say raping altar servers is okay.

The Quran does however say killing unbelievers is keenly encouraged.

And again - missed the point. There are "normal" Muslims in the UK who think the actions of suicide bombers and jihadis are okay.

But the bible does say rape is ok and murder. There were also plenty of catholics in Ireland who thought the IRA blowing up kids was ok

But the bible does say rape is ok and murder.
    The bible, catholicism, and religion in general is a load of hogwash anyway.
    But christanity these days is very mellow compared to the blow-em-ups from the middle east
    There were also plenty of catholics in Ireland who thought the IRA blowing up kids was ok
    The IRA were targeting a foreign army residing in their country.
    That's completely different.

But christanity these days is very mellow compared to the blow-em-ups from the middle east

All religion is hogwash, wasnt so long ago Christianity was murdering by the millions though.

That's completely different.

Which army were 3 year old Johnathan Ball and 12 year old Tim Parry part of?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrington_bomb_attacks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Taytoland wrote: »
    Leftists don't give a damn. No number of grooming rape gangs will stop them from defending Islamic ideology.

where in Islamic ideology is grooming and abuse condoned or mandated? which scripture? anyone has the right to practice a religion. if they break the laws of the land, then the authorities have an obligation to deal with it.
    The very founder of it was a pedophile. So yes, it has a huge tradition in Islam.

That's completely different

So very true. If there was no gerrymandering, collusion and anti Catholic mistreatment and witholding of basic civil rights - there would have been no need for the IRA.

For some to equate an armed struggle against oppression with attacking people on a night out or at a gig where kids are present is plain wrong.

Taytoland wrote: »
    The very founder of it was a pedophile. So yes, it has a huge tradition in Islam.

Ah be fair now, he waited till she was 9.

Credit where due..... :rolleyes:

So very true. If there was no gerrymandering, collusion and anti Catholic mistreatment and witholding of basic civil rights - there would have been no need for the IRA.

For some to equate an armed struggle against oppression with attacking people on a night out or at a gig where kids are present is plain wrong.

Like the Birmingham pub bomings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

But the bible does say rape is ok and murder. There were also plenty of catholics in Ireland who thought the IRA blowing up kids was ok

So you are saying for that reason people should give today's Muslim extremists and their supporters a pass?

Like the Birmingham pub bomings?

Because they were British, not because Allah said the sexes were mixing.

Let's end this now, you're never going to see it.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    So you are saying for that reason people should give today's Muslim extremists and their supporters a pass?

I'd say that's exactly what the last few posts have suggested.

K.Flyer wrote: »

Please show me a single post of mine where i have said that? I'm saying you cannot tar all muslims due to a small minority who commit terrorist attacks the same way you cannot tar all irish due to the acts of the IRA

Because they were British, not because Allah said the sexes were mixing.

Let's end this now, you're never going to see it.

So killing people on a night out is ok with you once its your kind of killing?

All religion is hogwash, wasnt so long ago Christianity was murdering by the millions though.

Which army were 3 year old Johnathan Ball and 12 year old Tim Parry part of?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrington_bomb_attacks

So what about all the british atrocities up north, attacking children with guns (family of mine)
    What about bloody sunday if you're going to rake up the past.

Please show me a singke post of mine where i have said that? I'm saying you cannot tar all muslims due to a small minority who commit terrorist attacjs the same way you cannot tar all irish due to the acts of the IRA

The muslims are coming bombing the west, where they are not welcome.
    The IRA were freedom fighters in their own country. Bombing foreign people who were not welcome. Big difference.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement