Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Islam right for Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I did, for my sins.

Nothing racist there.
    Really? Ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Outside Saudi Arabia influences are filling the Mosques in Imams, leaflets etc and that is what they are hearing in many of these Mosques.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Taytoland wrote: »
    Outside Saudi Arabia influences are filling the Mosques in Imams, leaflets etc and that is what they are hearing in many of these Mosques.

Not even the leftiest lefty could thing Saudi's version of Islam is cuddly and inclusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Not even the leftiest lefty could thing Saudi's version of Islam is cuddly and inclusive.
    By virtue of the fact that you cannot become a citizen without converting to Islam I can't imagine they are that welcoming anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

All these clowns saying that Soros is the issue. That he is destroying the West. He is worth $20 billion. Chump change.

The House of Saud is worth $1.4 trillion.

ELM327 wrote: »
    By virtue of the fact that you cannot become a citizen without converting to Islam I can't imagine they are that welcoming anyway

Amazes me how a backwards ideology that excludes so many people and groups is protected and beloved by young and not so young people who bang the "inclusivity" drum so loudly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

All these clowns saying that Soros is the issue. That he is destroying the West. He is worth $20 billion. Chump change.

The House of Saud is worth $1.4 trillion.
    George Soros funds election campaigns for people who will do nothing to overturn and ban these people from entering Western countries to spread this message.

George Soros funds election campaigns for people who will do nothing to overturn and ban these people from entering Western countries to spread this message.

Sadly true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

And the House of Saud has even more influence on the West given they control access to the resource that keeps the world working - Oil.
    And they can fix oil pricing with their OPEC Buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Human Sausage

Can we not make a rule to keep conspiracy nuts on the Conspiracy forum? I know ye lot love to bang on about how Soros is a key player in the "(((Marxist)))" plot to destroy the West but it gets just a little bit tedious after a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

And the House of Saud has even more influence on the West given they control access to the resource that keeps the world working - Oil.

They have US backing, which is a license to go forth and suit themselves. You have the current chump and the republican hawks in the US crapping on about Iran, despite the well known link between Saudis and the extreme form of Islam performing acts of mass murder across the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

Was born in the UK to Irish parents.

There's a bit of a theme developing with anti-muslim posters in a thread titled "Is Islam Right for Ireland" actually being English. There's at least 2 of you here now and both have very strong opinions.

AfterLife wrote: »
    There's a bit of a theme developing with anti-muslim posters in a thread titled "Is Islam Right for Ireland" actually being English. There's at least 2 of you here now and both have very strong opinions.
    If that's directed at me I am not English, Irish lineage (with some German a couple of generations ago on one side).
    My father's grandfather fought in WW1, as did my partner's father's father.

The sooner we move on from oil the better.
    As an aside: That's why I have an electric car.. I don't want to send one red cent to that part of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

What's your problem? You seem to be singling out posters who were born to Irish parents in the US and UK! What point are you trying to make!

Was born in the UK to Irish parents.

Reported for racist comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

In my curiosity about the moslim meetups down by the cross I was wondering if it’s also catering for the Somali refugees who’ve recently moved in a a few doors down the road. Must say that since the old lady passed it looks well renovated; nice new windows we certainly couldn’t afford anytime soon no idea how the others on the road feel particularly those still paying their mortgages off but whilst they appear to be nice people (underneath the veils) they do look like they’re more evolved for traipsing long stretches of desert with their unusual long legged strides to fetch a pail of water than down to murphy’s for a pint!!

...anyways yet more diversity for the area. And who knows maybe we’ll have a few long jumpers / hurdlers down the line to give eamonn coughlan a run for his money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that. But attack the ideology and not the individual people. No doubt there are decent Muslims who disagree with killing innocent people.

Let me put it in basic terms. If i offer you a bowl of sweets and i told you i only laced a couple with poison. Would you still be ready to grab a handful? If you're smart you wouldn't.

Same logic applies to Muslims. It not racism, islamaphobic or whatever word of the day the Left like to use to be cautious of a group with Terrorism issues. Especially when they've taken no steps to rid themselves of the extremists. The peaceful muslims are irrelevant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The peaceful muslims are irrelevant

Says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,199 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Let me put it in basic terms. If i offer you a bowl of sweets and i told you i only laced a couple with poison. Would you still be ready to grab a handful? If you're smart you wouldn't.

Same logic applies to Muslims. It not racism, islamaphobic or whatever word of the day the Left like to use to be cautious of a group with Terrorism issues. Especially when they've taken no steps to rid themselves of the extremists. The peaceful muslims are irrelevant

nope, the same logic does not apply to muslims. it is racism, islamaphobic and bigotry, to claim that all muslims are bad because of a minority who are extremists. the "group" does not have terrorism issues, some muslims have commited terrorism however. it's the authorities job to deal with the extremists.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

nope, the same logic does not apply to muslims. it is racism, islamaphobic and bigotry, to claim that all muslims are bad because of a minority who are extremists. the "group" does not have terrorism issues, some muslims have commited terrorism however. it's the authorities job to deal with the extremists.

Nope THAT says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Where's the racism? : confused:

Where's the racism? : confused:

Saying I'm English just because I was born in the UK.

I'm Irish, I have Irish parents and several generations further back; I have never once in almost half a century on the planet been anything other than Irish - Hell, I was even conceived in Galway.

How very dare he.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm Irish, I have Irish parents and several generations further back; I have never once in almost half a century on the planet been anything other than Irish - Hell, I was even conceived in Galway.

How very dare he.

You consider that racism? How heavily subscribed to the "White people are the real victims" narrative are you?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

How very dare he.

English is not a race therefore not racism.

For the record you are english if you were born in england. As the UK encompasses Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland where you were born would depend on your nationality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

I would do you the courtesy of presuming that the simplistic nature of that analogy does not capture the complexity of your view -- because to be honest, at face value it comes across absolutely horrendously.

I keep going back to this because I think it's illustrative of the historical amnesia we seem to be suffering here. This talk of not accepting a bowl of sweets for the fear that a couple might be poisoned doesn't sound too far off the attitude towards Catholics in the post-partition North. The fact that some Catholics supported Republican violence and that IRA men were able to find some (not a lot) of shelter among the Catholic populace was used to feed the very mass paranoia among Loyalists which turned the Civil Rights movement into a bloody and prolonged conflict.

In essence -- you sound just like Ian Paisley in his prime . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ozil is nothing more than a cowardly drama queen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭enricoh

I see some Algerian fella that got asylum in Ireland has pleaded guilty today in the states to recruiting for isis. After he does his stint in clink he gets deported to either Algeria or Ireland. No doubt we'll be the lucky beneficiaries , I doubt the dole n free gaff in Algeria is up to much. Lucky us!

• Advertisement

How very dare he.

You consider that racism? How heavily subscribed to the "White people are the real victims" narrative are you?

You assume I'm white? That make the racism easier?

For the record you are english if you were born in england. As the UK encompasses Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland where you were born would depend on your nationality.

For the record you're talking out of your hole! Just because you were born in the UK or US but spend most of your life here and get an Irish passport then you are Irish.

Afterlife is singeling out members who where born in the UK and US, and implying they are racist because of that that's not on! As a mod on here you should see the issue! I see you are also one of the "It's all the white peoples fault" crowd!,

enricoh wrote: »
    I see some Algerian fella that got asylum in Ireland has pleaded guilty today in the states to recruiting for isis. After he does his stint in clink he gets deported to either Algeria or Ireland. No doubt we'll be the lucky beneficiaries , I doubt the dole n free gaff in Algeria is up to much. Lucky us!

Glad he was caught. You would wonder how many more of them are about the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,199 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Afterlife is singeling out members who where born in the UK and US, and implying they are racist because of that that's not on! I see you are also one of the "It's all the white peoples fault" crowd!, That's good to know for future reference!

are people saying that "it's all the white people's fault"
    or are you making up things again?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

For the record you're talking out of your hole! Just because you were born in the UK or US but spend most of your life here and get an Irish passport then you are Irish.

I was born in england, spent over 35 years living in ireland, i have 4 children born and raised in ireland, my parents were irish.

Im English

Says it all.

They are irrelevant to the discussion because they are doing nothing to purge their religion of the extremists.

I was born in england, spent over 35 years living in ireland, i have 4 children born and raised in ireland, my parents were irish.

Im English

And don’t you everrrrrr forget it!!! ;)

And don’t you everrrrrr forget it!!! ;)

And someone born in ireland is irish

Dont YOU ever forget it, especially when the usual crowd start spouting nonsense about deporting people who are born there.

I would do you the courtesy of presuming that the simplistic nature of that analogy does not capture the complexity of your view -- because to be honest, at face value it comes across absolutely horrendously.

I keep going back to this because I think it's illustrative of the historical amnesia we seem to be suffering here. This talk of not accepting a bowl of sweets for the fear that a couple might be poisoned doesn't sound too far off the attitude towards Catholics in the post-partition North. The fact that some Catholics supported Republican violence and that IRA men were able to find some (not a lot) of shelter among the Catholic populace was used to feed the very mass paranoia among Loyalists which turned the Civil Rights movement into a bloody and prolonged conflict.

In essence -- you sound just like Ian Paisley in his prime . . .

The analogy makes perfect sense. We're being force fed the "Islam is a religion of peace", "Peaceful Muslims" etc and Terror attacks in the West are occurring with such regularity that we can set our watches to it.

You're clearly one of the Lefties that love defending them. You're enabling their bad behaviour. Its not racism or whatever word of the day the Left want to throw out to be cautious about letting them into our Countries.

Hey Odhinn. Since you liked his post you must be ready to answer my question in the other thread that conveniently never returned too.

• Advertisement

And someone born in ireland is irish

Dont YOU ever forget it, especially when the usual crowd start spouting nonsense about deporting people who are born there.

Well it’s the reality of how a lot of ppl feel isn’t it

Im English

So you hold an English passport?
    Anyway thanks for destroying Afterlife's theory about posters born in the UK or US :D

So you hold an English passport?
    Anyway thanks for destroying Afterlife's theory about posters born in the UK or US :D

I have dual citizenship.

I have dual citizenship.

Lot of ppl think that a person should choose one or the other. Don’t shoot the messenger here

Lot of ppl think that a person should choose one or the other. Don’t shoot the messenger here

Everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

What's your problem? You seem to be singling out posters who were born to Irish parents in the US and UK! What point are you trying to make!

Its relevant to their mindset. They're not from or educated here so I don't think what they think of Islam in Ireland is particularly representative of how Irish people view the issue. There's Muslims in Ireland that were born and educated here who are far more Irish than they are.

I have dual citizenship.

Interesting why did you go dual instead of the full Irish? Was there some benefit going the dual route? If you don't mind me asking?

Interesting why did you go dual instead of the full Irish? Was there some benefit going the dual route? If you don't mind me asking?

Because it suited my needs at the time.

I have dual citizenship.

At no point ever have I had a UK passport, no dual nationality here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

And yet you once had the temerity to call me a racist on another thread for my critique of the homophobia and mysogyny which is endemic to Islam.

You use the term "racist" so loosely when it suits your inability to construct an actual mature argument, you're in no position to dictate the meaning of the word.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement