Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Islam right for Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

thebull85 wrote: »

Suspended sentence imminent...

There's no shortage of Irish scumbags doing sh*t like that as well Bull, in all fairness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Omackeral wrote: »
    There's no shortage of Irish scumbags doing sh*t like that as well Bull, in all fairness.

You're right there Ted.

But why import more ??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

See, this is kind of my question about this thread.

What does Islam have to do with that? It's not like Ireland is historically divorced from child abuse.

We're just picking out any activities we don't like perpetrated by people from the middle east and lumping them in a thread.

Does no-one else seriously see this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Ah i know that, there will be no shortage of muslims doing it either as the population grows. There are lessons to be learned from whats happening across the water.

But of course most of the sheep believe we will be immume to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Midlife wrote: »

What does Islam have to do with that? It's not like Ireland is historically divorced from child abuse.

We're just picking out any activities we don't like perpetrated by people from the middle east and lumping them in a thread.

Answered in the post directly above yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes but the irish ones doing it are our problem
    Why do we need to import more problems.

It's like the french, when they started getting problems with immigrants and a lot of them creating ghettos, no go areas for the indigenous french people and increasing crime, the government marketed them as "une chance pour la france". Except they were not "une chance", and france has one of the worst problematic societies as large chunks of the population have not integrated and actively dislike france.

You're right there Ted.

But why import more ??!!

Is there a simple link between race/religion and child sex exploitation?

You're right there Ted.

But why import more ??!!

Oh absolutely don't import more if they're scumbuckets. This POS seems to be illegal too going by his own admissions so fcuk him. He's a pure dog but I don't think it's massively relevant to Islam or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

In other news here in Cork, some parents request not to have a male teacher teach their girl ( in primary school) was accomdated by moving the teacher to another class.

• Advertisement

Yes.

When your "faith" was started by a paedophile, and over 80% of grooming gang members in the UK are from less than 2% of a population (all sharing same nonce led belief system) then yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

In other news here in Cork, some parents request not to have a male teacher teach their girl ( in primary school) was accomdated by moving the teacher to another class.

Any link to that?

If true, the teacher should have refused to move and the shame on the principal for giving in to this parents demand. Already a shortage of male primary teachers as it is.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I would say extremists are not like that.

Just my opinion though.

When was the last time you had a conversation with a Muslim woman?

Yes.

When your "faith" was started by a paedophile, and over 80% of grooming gang members in the UK are from less than 2% of a population (all sharing same nonce led belief system) then yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

Here lies pointless debate.

Rory28 wrote: »
    When was the last time you had a conversation with a Muslim woman?

Yesterday funnily enough. I work primarily in D15.

Let me guess, they weren't originally from Mayfield or the environs ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Not that I'm standing up for this guy, but these "Child Protection" groups are scum,. they don't give a **** about the "kiddies" .. they just want SM fame and likes ..

Here lies pointless debate.

Can you argue either point is factually incorrect ?

Not that I'm standing up for this guy, but these "Child Protection" groups are scum,. they don't give a **** about the "kiddies" .. they just want SM fame and likes ..

Didn't clock the link - was it those gangs who go round Facebook live broadcasting "Stings" ?

Definitely could not give two hoots about child welfare, or they wouldn't endanger prosecutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Yes.

84% of all convicted child sex groomers in the UK are Asian, mostly Pakistani.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/09/grooming-gangs-muslim-men-failed-integrate-british-society/

Can you argue either point is factually incorrect ?

Yes, and then I'll counter it with my own statistics and then we'll have a pointless argument.

We'll both choose to interpret the facts our own way, find more sources that support only our point of view, start highlighting things in Caps and Italics and so on and so forth.

Are you sure you want to do that?

• Advertisement

and 100% of pedophile rings are white.

so no Australians or Canadians either?

I provided a clear verifiable link to my statement, would you like to do the same or is your level of debate limited to fabricating absolute infantile nonsense such as the above.

I provided a clear verifiable link to my statement, would you like to do the same or is your level of debate limited to fabricating absolute infantile nonsense such as the above.

As soon as you develop better manners tbh.

As soon as you develop better manners tbh.

I could post a lengthy retort but it's a waste of my time. Quite simply, you're talking bollix, you made this ludicrous claim;

You know it's disingenuous twaddle, I know it's disingenuous twaddle, everyone in this thread (even those who share your viewpoint) knows it's disingenuous twaddle, you've embarrassed yourself frankly.

Yes, and then I'll counter it with my own statistics and then we'll have a pointless argument.

We'll both choose to interpret the facts our own way, find more sources that support only our point of view, start highlighting things in Caps and Italics and so on and so forth.

Are you sure you want to do that?

So, no you can't dispute that both are facts. Good to know.

So, no you can't dispute that both are facts. Good to know.

What you believe to be facts and what Midlife believe's are facts might not completely marry;
    100% of pedophile rings are white.

I could post a lengthy retort but it's a waste of my time. Quite simply, you're talking bollix, you made this ludicrous claim;

You know it's disingenuous twaddle, I know it's disingenuous twaddle, everyone in this thread (even those who share your viewpoint) knows it's disingenuous twaddle, you've embarrassed yourself frankly.

Disingenuous? Really.
    84% of all convicted child sex groomers in the UK are Asian

Care to elaborate? Because that's not what your link says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

What about that Cork case ?
    I really hope it's not true, this is the thin edge of the wedge if they start submitting to Islamofascism ...

Disingenuous? Really.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/quilliam-grooming-gangs-report-asian-abuse-rotherham-rochdale-newcastle-a8101941.html

Have at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

They most certainly are not.

• Advertisement

Disingenuous? Really.

Bollix, lies, nonsense, waffle, garbage, fantasy, take your pick of any synonym you wish.

The link I posted says this exactly;

However, they discovered that 222 of those convicted, or 84 per cent, were men of Asian origin. Only 22 were black and 18 were white with two offenders not having an identified ethnicity. The findings are in stark contrast to the fact Asians make up only seven per cent of the UK population, the report said.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/09/grooming-gangs-muslim-men-failed-integrate-british-society/

Now I won't be responding to you any further until you be an adult and admit you completely made up the below and give your explanation as to why you did so;
    100% of pedophile rings are white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

You might as well stop asking the defenders of islam\multiculturalism what the benefits could be from bringing in a few 100.000 more of them. There are none.

Dutch minister of Integration and Housing Vogelaar (member of the pro islam\immigrant party PVDA) a few years ago was asked the same question and she stuttered something about "dresses worn over jeans" and "food" and that was it.

Any link to that?

If true, the teacher should have refused to move and the shame on the principal for giving in to this parents demand. Already a shortage of male primary teachers as it is.

No link, it's not in the news.

Teacher is a new teacher (not permanent) to the school, hardly in a position to kick off.
    You're right, shame on the principal.

inforfun wrote: »
    You might as well stop asking the defenders of islam\multiculturalism what the benefits could be from bringing in a few 100.000 more of them. There are none.

Dutch minister of Integration and Housing Vogelaar (member of the pro islam\immigrant party PVDA) a few years ago was asked the same question and she stuttered something about "dresses worn over jeans" and "food" and that was it.

You are kidding ??? Oh dear Lord! They really have lost the plot now.

Fine. Have it your way.

Your link only relates to 'grooming gangs'. Snake Pllisken said 'all child grooming cases'.

So he's stateing that of the child grooming cases in the UK, 84% were carried out by British Asians which is simply not not true. It's not. Read the actual article please.

The truth is that 84% of the people who groomed children with others were British Asian - which is totally messed up. No denying. But we're talking pedophilia here, they're all messed up.

Surely the question should be 'are British Asians more likely to abuse children?'

The same article you just quoted to me says that a 2012 report from the The National Crime Agency’s Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command (CEOP) found that 85% of child sex abusers were white. WHITE!!!

In 2011, the Last British census, 86% of the population were white. So instances of child abuse are fairly evenly spread and that's before you get to questions of under-reporting in particular communities.

It also says that 100% of the people convicted of pedophile rings were white, as I mentioned earlier.

If I was being really nitpicky, I'd say you also said 2% in your original statement but Muslims make up about 5%.

My question for you again is where does Islam fit into this? I've just explained how a white British person is just as likely to abuse a child as a British Asian. There's no mention of religion.

Bollix, lies, nonsense, waffle, garbage, fantasy, take your pick of any synonym you wish.

The link I posted says this exactly;

However, they discovered that 222 of those convicted, or 84 per cent, were men of Asian origin. Only 22 were black and 18 were white with two offenders not having an identified ethnicity. The findings are in stark contrast to the fact Asians make up only seven per cent of the UK population, the report said.

Now I won't be responding to you any further until you be an adult and admit you completely made up the below and give your explanation as to why you did so;

I explained your mistake in the above post. See link posted by others for 100% comment.

Fine. Have it your way.

Your link only relates to 'grooming gangs'. Snake Pllisken said 'all child grooming cases'.

So he's stateing that of the child grooming cases in the UK, 84% were carried out by British Asians which is simply not not true. It's not. Read the actual article please.

The truth is that 84% of the people who groomed children with others were British Asian - which is totally messed up. No denying. But we're talking pedophilia here, they're all messed up.

Surely the question should be 'are British Asians more likely to abuse children?'

The same article you just quoted to me says that a 2012 report from the The National Crime Agency’s Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command (CEOP) found that 85% of child sex abusers were white. WHITE!!!

In 2011, the Last British census, 86% of the population were white. So instances of child abuse are fairly evenly spread and that's before you get to questions of under-reporting in particular communities.

It also says that 100% of the people convicted of pedophile rings were white, as I mentioned earlier.

If I was being really nitpicky, I'd say you also said 2% in your original statement but Muslims make up about 5%.

My question for you again is where does Islam fit into this? I've just explained how a white British person is just as likely to abuse a child as a British Asian. There's no mention of religion.

Yes, Asian immigrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh generally tend to follow Scientology and the Seventh Day Aventists.

Every now and again the mammy's saying is needed "there's none so blind as them that will not see"

Oh and I said "grooming gangs" , I provided links to same. I do not interfere with other posters providing links.

What about that Cork case ?
    I really hope it's not true, this is the thin edge of the wedge if they start submitting to Islamofascism ...

Local knowledge in the "trade"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rory28 wrote: »
    Would you like to highlight the benefits Islam could bring to Ireland?

This question was first asked at end of last year from what I saw and I have asked this question myself (least 10 times) and it's been asked on dozens of occasions on this and other threads.

It has never been answered.

Think that says it all.

• Advertisement

Local knowledge in the "trade"

I'd say the school really don't want that c**p getting publicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

You are kidding ??? Oh dear Lord! They really have lost the plot now.

Nope, not kidding unfortunately.
    She only lasted for 20 months as a minister not in the last place because of those kind of clangers in interviews.

The truth is that 84% of the people who groomed children with others were British Asian - which is totally messed up. No denying.
    Muslims make up about 5%.

The above two statements directly contradict the third below;
    I've just explained how a white British person is just as likely to abuse a child as a British Asian.

so no Australians or Canadians either?

You claimed, 100% of all pedophile rings as being white, by mentioning Australians and Canadians inferring this statement also included rings in those two nations. This is an obvious fabrication and you have failed to provide any shred of evidence to back this up, the one link you did post related only to the UK and clearly stated;

However, researchers said their data’s sample size had been too small and more research needed to be conducted.

This question was first asked at end of last year from what I saw and I have asked this question myself (least 10 times) and it's been asked on dozens of occasions on this and other threads.

Think that says it all.

I was told by someone that I didn't want the answer. I do. I still do. Oh Captain my Captain.

I was told by someone that I didn't want the answer. I do. I still do. Oh Captain my Captain.

Psst, stand on the desk for effect!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Different thread mac. And I did give you answers. Try to keep up.

• Advertisement

Different thread mac. And I did give you answers. Try to keep up.

Must have missed them, don't remember anything concrete. Could you go again by any chance if it's not too much hassle? Just a simple list will do.

*salutes*

Must have missed them, don't remember anything concrete. Could you go again by any chance if it's not too much hassle? Just a simple list will do.

*salutes*

A list?

Ah heor...

A list?

Ah heor...

A couple of bullet points maybe?

The above two statements directly contradict the third below;

You claimed, 100% of all pedophile rings as being white, by mentioning Australians and Canadians inferring this statement also included rings in those two nations. This is an obvious fabrication and you have failed to provide any shred of evidence to back this up, the one link you did post related only to the UK and clearly stated;

However, researchers said their data’s sample size had been too small and more research needed to be conducted.

To be honest. I've stated my case.

If you want to get into a tit for tat, I'm sure someone else will oblige.

Having spent a morning in here wasting my time (well hopefully not, maybe someone will actually approach things with an open mind), I think I can see what this thread is. That is basically a echo-chamber/dumping ground for any negative story that involves someone who looks like a muslim.

When you delve into the specifics, you find that the facts are mis-represented and loose anti-Islamic sentiment is liberally thrown around. So very quickly we have postings claiming that about 6/7 of child grooming in the UK is done by Muslims.

This is patently untrue. It's a distortion of a fact that British-Pakistani communities seemingly have a disturbing problem where their child groomers hunt in packs. It says nothing about people who do it alone, and says nothing about other forms of child abuse. I believe that you read that headline and literally thought that '84% of child abusers in the UK are Muslim', which is such a dangerous thing to throw around.

The truth, which has been mentioned, is that 85% of child abuse cases in the UK were perpetrated by white people.

Anyway, as mentioned, we're talking pedophiles here so while British-Pakistani grooming gangs would represent an obvious demographic or cultural problem, which is is important to address. Pedophiles. You pounce, and extrapolate it to be about all Muslims. That's 25% of the world. Are indigenous Indonesians, Malaysians and the 30 or 40 million Chinese Muslim population all more likely to be sex abusers too?

I don't think so. Similarly, if I convert to Islam, am I suddenly more likely to engage in child abuse?

There's very suspect rationale displayed in this thread, which I suspect is about skin-colour and country of origin rather than religion(as I seem to be the only one questioning the religion bit).

I'm would argue that if Catholicism did not exist in Ireland, I could state just as strong a case(as I have read in here to date) on how it is not 'right' for our liberal democratic values. You should think about that in detail rather than just grabbing and quoting anti-Islamic/middle-east headlines.

Think that says it all.

Why is it inherent on Islam to bring benefits. Can the people not be beneficial?

If you hear of an Italian coming to the country, do you think 'great, a Catholic because .....'

What about Hindus? Are they OK?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement