Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrong account history- Lifestyle sports

Options
  • 18-04-2018 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

I placed an order a week ago on Lifestyle sports website. I logged into my account today to check the status of my order as the tracking number didnt work.

When i check the order history it included the history of someone else.
    In the detail are their name, address and phone number. Their card details are not saved.

It got me pretty worried as I'm pretty sure I saved card details on my account and I now see that it is not a secure account. I have emailed Lifestyle about this and i await their response.

Who else can i report a data breach like this to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I would suggest the data commissioner

Also I'd let the person whose account it is know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

daheff wrote: »
    I would suggest the data commissioner

Also I'd let the person whose account it is know.

Contact Lifestyle sports and let them know you will contact the Data Protection Commission if you don’t hear from them. This is a data breach on their side, but they may not need to report it to the DPC depending on scale etc. However, if they take no action, then they should be reported

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Write a registered letter to the Data controller of LifeStyle sports and send a copy to the Data Protection Commissioner.

I would be asking them for at least the minimum:
    How long has this issue existed
    Which user accounts could access your account details
    who exactly accessed your account details

Advertisement