Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone sync not copying all photos to Pictures on PC. Why?

Options
  • 18-04-2018 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

Syncing my iPhone with my PC results in photos up to and including February 2018 being copied across (though NOT all photos up to then) and none at all for March/April 2018.

But, if I choose Import Photos and Videos from the pop-up dialog when I connect my iPhone, I can import everything.

Why is it that the iTunes sync does not import everything?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I had a similar thing recently. Kept failing for me. I think it has got to do with the new format HEIC.

What worked for me was to go into settings-photos-transfer to Mac or pc. Change that to keep originals. That will transfer over the files in HEIC.

I have the latest version of win 10. The problem is you won’t be able to view them just yet as it is not compatible with HEIC. They next update coming very soon will remedy that.

You can always converted to jpg.

I also changed format to most compatible in camera-format.

Advertisement