Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband slow down and dropping out

Options
  • 18-04-2018 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi 
    Noticed last week that my broadband speed had dropped. Rang customer care who thought it was a modem fault replaced modem monday. Speed still slow rang back tech support new solution is to slow down my broadband further, but there's no fault ? If I wanted tech out cost was 150 euro if there's no fault, but surely if broadband has worked for approx 4 years at the speed i was getting there is a fault ? 
    Last night constant dropout's looking in modem stats can see all reconnections.
    Can someone help please ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

raytaxi wrote: »
    Hi 
    Noticed last week that my broadband speed had dropped. Rang customer care who thought it was a modem fault replaced modem monday. Speed still slow rang back tech support new solution is to slow down my broadband further, but there's no fault ? If I wanted tech out cost was 150 euro if there's no fault, but surely if broadband has worked for approx 4 years at the speed i was getting there is a fault ? 
    Last night constant dropout's looking in modem stats can see all reconnections.
    Can someone help please ?
    Hi raytaxi, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your service. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Thanks sent details on pm and replied to your message as well.
    I'll give tech support another try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks sent details on pm and replied to your message as well.
    I'll give tech support another try.
    Great, thanks. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks sorted now I hope tech coming out to check line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Thanks sorted now I hope tech coming out to check line.
    Hi raytaxi ,

Please let us know how you get on with this or if any additional assistance is required.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Engineer out first thing today, there is a slow down seems to be a cabinet fault and he's handed over to data team to sort out.

Engineer out first thing today, there is a slow down seems to be a cabinet fault and he's handed over to data team to sort out.
    I'm glad to hear this, let me know when you get an update.

Thanks

Thomas

Fixed now it appears back to speed, hopefully the drop outs gone now as well. 

Fixed now it appears back to speed, hopefully the drop outs gone now as well. 
    I'm glad to hear this. Thank you for letting me know.

Thomas

Advertisement