Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario 3D World - €17.49 ... bargain?

Options
  • 18-04-2018 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

I got a mail from Nintendo saying 640 of my silver points are expiring at the end of the month. I'll only have 100 or so left over after so thinking I might use some of them on the Rewards.

I only have a Wii U, so options are limited, but I spotted a 30% discount on a digital copy of Super Mario 3D World - for €17.49

Is that a decent price?

I know Nintendo games famously hardly ever drop in price like PSN games, so this might be enough to make my drop the PSVR for a while and dust off the Wii U.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Why yes, yes it is a decent price.
    I know that Super Mario Odyssey is getting all the attention, but Super Mario 3D World is a cracking game, tons of fun, and well worth picking up.
    Personally I prefer a physical copy, but a game is a game and SM3DW is a fantastic one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Ah I prefer digital tbh, limited bookshelf space, but also just great to jump between games from comfort of sofa.

I may just have to check it out. My Wii U is rarely used, but I want to give it a good old bash again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Little to add that 3D World is fantastic, in both single and multi-player. I'd recommend it anyways, but if you do actually have something to spend your platinum points on, all the better. With the gold points discounts being introduced on the Switch and not a hint of the platinum ones doing anything in the near future, I'd jump at the chance to spend them on something good before they disappear into the great digital coupon dumpster in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Cool, sounds like a buy then.

Clever marketing trick by Nintendo making the points expire as otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered getting this!

Advertisement