Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refusing delivery... prevent package going to neighbours instead?

Options
  • 18-04-2018 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

I have a package arriving that I need to refuse delivery. I hope to be here when it arrives, but there's a slight chance I may not.

I do not know who is delivering, so it will likely be An Post or similar as it's from Amazon.

Typically delivery men leave my packages with the neighbours if I'm not in, but it can sometimes be ANY neighbour within 10 doors of me.

If I leave a note on my door saying "I'm refusing delivery for package please don't leave it with neighbours", would that work :confused:

Comments

Can you not find out what courier is being used and contact them to save everyone the hassle. Some companies allow you to check your delivery and make amendments, or try calling them

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭St1mpMeister

I can check with Amazon but would a note not suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If the note is still on the door when the delivery guy calls I can't see a problem with it

But why not prevent the courier from doing an unecessary journey knowing full well that you have no intention of accepting the package? If you can find out the courier name, I would just contact them

Of course but my question was related to what happens if they arrive.

Also as far as I know they have to be seen to attempt the delivery rather than just return a package from their warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Of course but my question was related to what happens if they arrive.

Also as far as I know they have to be seen to attempt the delivery rather than just return a package from their warehouse.

SO What happend, did they deliver or take it back

SO What happend, did they deliver or take it back

There was only a slight chance I wouldn't be there, but in the end I was :)

Advertisement