Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Edging

Options
  • 18-04-2018 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

I'm lifting up some of my lawn and putting in stone that runs up along my drive.

What can I use for edging between the lawn and the stone ? so I can run the lawn mower up to the edge of the stone. I was thinking of those kerb stones that are about 1-2 inch thick and lay them to the lever of the top of the lawn.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I wouldn't lay kerbing on topsoil.

How about this?

http://www.thegardenshop.ie/everedge-lawn-edging/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Hard to get here but in the UK this would be a job for bricks, over burnts or engineering bricks. In Ireland a suitable alternative might be the concrete "bricks" used for drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭SCOL

I'm thinking of cementing them down so that the level of the lawn will be flush with the top of the kerb stones.

I'm looking for something permanent do it and it's finished for good.

Advertisement