Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new Macbook - any recommended shops?

Options
  • 18-04-2018 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I trekked out to a shop in the city today after seeing them posting an ad on Facebook marketplace. Google reviews are very good for this place so I trusted it'd all be legit. They didn't have the Macbook I wanted in stock, but the guy ran down the road to another shop and came back with one - he said the price was €750, but when I said I'd need a VAT receipt he said it's cash only and didn't want to sell it to me. Waste of a morning and obviously pretty dodgy.

Are there any reputable shops where I could pick up a good deal on a 2nd hand Macbook? Not too fussy about specs except I'd like it to be 13" retina.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

TBH I'd recommend buying refurb from apple if you need VAT receipt etc.

Otherwise somewhere like CEX might do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

What shop were you going to that they can run down the street and get you a different computer and then not even offer a receipt for it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Cianos wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I trekked out to a shop in the city today after seeing them posting an ad on Facebook marketplace. Google reviews are very good for this place so I trusted it'd all be legit. They didn't have the Macbook I wanted in stock, but the guy ran down the road to another shop and came back with one - he said the price was €750, but when I said I'd need a VAT receipt he said it's cash only and didn't want to sell it to me. Waste of a morning and obviously pretty dodgy.

Are there any reputable shops where I could pick up a good deal on a 2nd hand Macbook? Not too fussy about specs except I'd like it to be 13" retina.

Thanks

Mac forum is here: mac This one is for iPod, iPhone, iPad etc. There is a very similar question over there at the moment.

Advertisement