Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB refuse to open acc due to ID issue

• 18-04-2018 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,713 ✭✭✭✭

PermanentTSB allow a garda issued Age Card as identification for opening an account.
    But only if you are under 25.
    They've refused my AgeCard on this basis and won;t open an account.

I view this as discriminatory practice for those >25. Opinions?
    Where do I progress with this complaint?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

zell12 wrote: »
    I view this as discriminatory practice for those >25. Opinions?

My opinion is...lol to that comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Mr.S wrote: »
    Get proper ID, you are over 25 ffs.

"Hello customer, in order to open an account with us, you need to do a driver theory test, complete 12 hours of logged lessons, and pass a practical driving test."

Passports can be expensive too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

McGaggs wrote:
    "Hello customer, in order to open an account with us, you need to do a driver theory test, complete 12 hours of logged lessons, and pass a practical driving test."

What about the national identity card the government is pushing? That's not expensive & op will need one for a first time pass or driving licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    What about the national identity card the government is pushing? That's not expensive & op will need one for a first time pass or driving licence

They currently have the legislation saying that the card can't be used by anyone other than the government as proof of ID.

I thought there was something in the Central Bank's consumer protection code that banks had to have a process to establish id for customers who didn't have a passport or driving licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Masala

I pick a fight that I can win!!!! See Tracker Mortgage thread...
    Do you think they give a **** about you and you grievance. ?????

The world is full of rules etc.... either accept them or take your business elsewhere!!

Tomorrow... why not take on Ryanair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I'm not sure if they still do it op, but in my day you could get a ML10 form from AGS to verify your identity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

In fairness to the bank there is money laundering legislation that they have to follow. They can't accept Out of date id. Age card is updated to 25 afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,713 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Turns out they can accept AgeCard after all - only after I threatened to bring it to the FSPO
    Ditto KBC
    I referred that it is a government issued ID after all.

A Garda simply won't sign an ML10 form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

zell12 wrote: »
    Turns out they can accept AgeCard after all - only after I threatened to bring it to the FSPO
    Ditto KBC
    I referred that it is a government issued ID after all.

A Garda simply won't sign an ML10 form.

But the age card is only to be used in connection with the Intoxicating Liquor Act and this is clearly stated on the application form as below. https://www.agecard.ie/

Age Card

The Intoxicating Liquor Act 1988 (Age Card) Regulations 2010 provide for a voluntary Age Card scheme. Age Cards can be obtained by individuals aged 18 and over to show that they have reached the legal age for purchasing alcohol.

An Age Card is a “proof of age card” and not an “Identity Card”.

The Age Card is solely for the purpose stated above and should not be obtained or used for any other purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

danjo-xx wrote: »
    But the age card is only to be used in connection with the Intoxicating Liquor Act and this is clearly stated on the application form as below. https://www.agecard.ie/

Which means the OP falsely threatened a business. Classy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement