Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating Leaving Cert for Medicine?

Options
  • 18-04-2018 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have always had my heart set on medicine, I’m doing my leaving Cert this June but I had a bad two years, I was sick with my kidneys, so I haven’t applied for any courses. I know I’m going to be repeating next year, probably in Cork College of Commerce. I am doing 8 subjects, Ol maths, Hl biology, chem, English, Irish, French, home ec, history. Just wondering if I do repeat next year can I drop Irish English maths etc, or for Medicine do I need to have all these subjects in one year? I would like to take up ag science and focus on 6 subjects and hpat but I don’t know if this is possible. Also I know I can apply for the Dare scheme but this may not apply for medicine.

Btw this is my first post so I’m so sorry if I’ve done anything wrong! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

As far as I know, you need to complete all entry requirements in one leaving cert sitting for medicine. So no, you can't drop the English, Irish etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Walnutflooring

jeonahr wrote: »
    As far as I know, you need to complete all entry requirements in one leaving cert sitting for medicine. So no, you can't drop the English, Irish etc.

Yeah I think I’ll have to keep them on, it’s no bother anyway, thanks for your reply

Advertisement