Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile 1000 euros bill French need helps please

Options
  • 18-04-2018 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi. I am a French native living in Ireland since 4 years. I got a bill from Three of 985 euros due to a trip in Brazil in March where apparently I forgot to turn off my data for one day ( 7 March ) even if i was not using internet they just told me my apps are still functioning. I rang them 20 times I offered to pay in 5 times,they refused it. I tried to pay in 3 times they said they can’t split the bill and I need to make only one payment. I always paid my bill with them on time I still have one year contract but I’m quiet piss off about the service they provided they’re not helpful at all. As I’m frenvh I really please need some advices cause I can make a full payment on the 27th of May but they told me it might be too late and they can pass my account to a debt collector. They only have my previous adress I didn’t update my account and I’m really thinking to do t pay it and go somewhere else like other provider and just take a top up plan. I really tried my best but I never saw that they’re very rude especially with someone who always paid on time. I’m planning to stay in Ireland for the next two years but to live in France I won’t take any loan here or anything but should I deal with the debt collector or not ? They don’t even have my correct adress In Ireland. Im a bit lost thanks a lot for helping. Alex.

Comments

I suspect that they will substantially reduce the bill if you negotiate with them and plead your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Here's a paragraph from three's website:
    http://www.three.ie/roaming/data-roaming-tips/
    We don't want you to spend more money than you want to when using the internet on your phone while roaming. So to help you manage costs abroad, we'll set a roaming data limit for all our customers of €50 (excl VAT) each month i.e. €61.50 (inc. VAT) per monthly billing period.
    And this
    We let you know by text when you've reached 80% and then 95% of the limit.

So unless you changed the limit, three should have cut off data access when the bill reached 61.50. That should be your maximum bill. They should also have sent an alert when you reached 80% of the limit. If they didn't do either of those, then they have not followed their own procedures. Lodge a formal complaint with Three and if they don't reduce the bill to less than 100, go to Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 French1991

Many thanks. I rang them yesterday and they admited that my bill shouldn’t exceed 61.5 as I didn’t change my limit.
    They escalated the issue and they will let me know probably today or tomorrow if there is any correction. Otherwise I will go to Com reg. I spoke with nearly 20 representatives over the phone and no one told me about that limit,their customer service is a disaster...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭dubrov

Do not pay anywhere near 900.

The fees charged are extortionate and there is no way they would win if they took you to court(which they won't).

Offer to pay the 61.50 to settle the matter but certainly no more

Threaten to go to ComReg if you get no joy

Make sure to get a complaint reference number from three, Comreg will ask for it if / when you contact them.

• Advertisement

I won’t pay anything. I should know probably tomorrow if that bill will go down. The agent I spoke with yesterday told me my bill should be around 140 euros which is way better. Before my issue was escalated they told me if I’m not paying they close and transferaccount to a debt collector but they do as my last adress in Cork and there is no way I’m gonna to update it now. Still waiting for an update from 3 and will make a complaint and go to ComReg if they refused to do something. Merci beaucoup !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

7.12 euros. I never used my data. I just forgot few hours when I arrived to turn off my data and they charged me 720 euros only for the 7th of march. And the limit is supposed to be 61.5 euros.

Three UK have no extra roaming fee in Brazil and some other countries outside EU. They can be bought online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

French1991 wrote:
    I won’t pay anything. I should know probably tomorrow if that bill will go down. The agent I spoke with yesterday told me my bill should be around 140 euros which is way better. Before my issue was escalated they told me if I’m not paying they close and transferaccount to a debt collector but they do as my last adress in Cork and there is no way I’m gonna to update it now. Still waiting for an update from 3 and will make a complaint and go to ComReg if they refused to do something. Merci beaucoup !!!

Why should you pay Eur 140 when they are supposed to cap it at Eur 61.50 enless you authorise them to exceed the cap limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Why should you pay Eur 140 when they are supposed to cap it at Eur 61.50 enless you authorise them to exceed the cap limit.

61,50 + his standard bill, maybe?

Didn’t change anything you’re right. But I can afford 140 euros not 985. Anyway I’m waiting for them to call me tomorrow hopefully with good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Others have reported a similar issue and there was a similar story in the indo yesterday.

Possibly there was an error in their automatic systems - 61.50 is max unless you authorise more, so unless they can show you authorised more than this, a complaint to comreg is probably best

https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/phone/

Thanks for the informations. I rang them yesterday and it need 5 days to be approved by the finance manager. So I’m waiting but defo go to ComReg in case of a negative answer I wont pay that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

What did they say in the end OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

AARGH DON'T LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THIS!

Advertisement