Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you shower every day?

Options

Comments

Thread has me thinking now, I had a shower at 3.30am this morning before I went to a job interview, been sitting in the good suit doing nothing but drink tae all day, and now I have to go to a wake.

Shower again or not?

Shower after the wake if you're feeling stale and I hope the interview went brilliantly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Thread has me thinking now, I had a shower at 3.30am this morning before I went to a job interview, been sitting in the good suit doing nothing but drink tae all day, and now I have to go to a wake.

Shower again or not?

Was the corpse embalmed? You dont want the corpse to smell better than you.. That's just rude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Does it matter what color the shower is?.. I'm thinking 'does golden' count.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

most probably a good idea not to turn up to the wake in your birthday suit ... come to think of it job interview as well, unless its for a part of the full monty :)

Was the corpse embalmed? You dont want the corpse to smell better than you.. That's just rude!

I hope it wasn't someone close to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Having been brought up with no running water in the house and growing up knowing we weren't as let's say "fresh" as our school mates, I never tire of the luxury and invigorating freshness of a daily shower. Washing with a bar of soap in a bucket of cold water, or even a weekly bath just isn't enough. Being able to just step into a shower after any exercise, or particularly dirty job in the garden, is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I havent fathomed out yet how you save time and shave (your face that is) whilst having a shower like some blokes do - with me the mirror fogs up and i cant see a bleedin' ting ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I shower every morning. I hardly sweat, so I'm sure I could 'get away with' having a shower every two or three days, but I just wouldn't feel 'awake' if I didn't stand naked (go on, picture that) under warm water every morning, while lathering my entire naked body (you'll need a cold shower after reading this post) and then rinsing off.

I've never been to a gym and I haven't done any form of physical exercise since the 1990s, so I never feel the need for a nighttime shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I shower every morning. I hardly sweat, so I'm sure I could 'get away with' having a shower every two or three days, but I just wouldn't feel 'awake' if I didn't stand naked (go on, picture that) under warm water every morning, while lathering my entire naked body (you'll need a cold shower after reading this post) and then rinsing off.

I've never been to a gym and I haven't done any form of physical exercise since the 1990s, so I never feel the need for a nighttime shower.

Not to go off on a tangent, but no exercise in 29 years can’t be good for your mental or physical health I’d imagine? Jesus, I’d be a big ball of fat and anxiety if I didn’t get some moderate exercise a few times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Not to go off on a tangent, but no exercise in 29 years can’t be good for your mental or physical health I’d imagine? Jesus, I’d be a big ball of fat and anxiety if I didn’t get some moderate exercise a few times a week.

I can't say I've noticed any ill-effects. It probably helps that I don't drink, smoke or eat fried food, and have a tendency not to put weight on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Every second day, but always a full shower after I’ve been swimming. So if I get swimming every day (which I have done at times) it’s every day.

This obsession with showering is crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Yes. It's my favourite part of the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Showering everyday cannot be good for your skin, i'd imagine it would get very dry. I shower every 2nd and sometimes 3rd day. Though I do wass my main areas with body wipes everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I just can’t get to grips with the whole wipes thing... like it literally takes 5 mins to have a quick shower. Having a rub down with a wipe creeps me out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Ahhhh for forks sake!

Put up a poll, OP. Let’s see who’s a smelly bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Candie wrote: »
    I hope it wasn't someone close to him.

Very close.

Two fields away.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Very close.

Two fields away.

Ah so sorry. Blessings and peace this hard night to you.

Very close.

Two fields away.

Ok. Well, I'm sorry you lost a neighbour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Pinn Hedde

A shower every second day is perfectly adequate for most NORMAL people . Obviously if engaged in physical activity or if your occupation or pass times involve contact with smelly objects you may need additional showering.

I believe the matter is now well and truly sorted out and put to bed .!

50 Shades of Lego!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

I shower every night (or evening before I go out) I find it hard to sleep if I don't have a shower before going to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭chicorytip

LirW wrote:
    Lots of people sweat more while asleep than they realise. Especially a lot of medication can cause night sweats. It is especially common in women and night sweats are often one of the signs that menopause is coming closer.

It is also common with older men due to reduced testosterone levels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

I just can’t get to grips with the whole wipes thing... like it literally takes 5 mins to have a quick shower. Having a rub down with a wipe creeps me out.

I can't get the obsession with showering every day if your not exerting yourself. Ye must have money to burn :P

Candie wrote: »
    Ok. Well, I'm sorry you lost a neighbour.

Jimmy Tarbuck never had to explain his jokes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

LirW wrote: »
    We got a new bathroom, threw the bathtub out, put a power shower in with a pump just for the shower, it's the best thing ever! Whenever we stay with the inlaws and their poxy electric shower that's more a drizzle like a shower... let's say it drives me insane.

That makes a difference. I used to occasionally not shower the odd weekend I didn’t intend to go out much except perhaps to the shop. Now since we installed the power shower it’s the first thing I think off, even on a weekend.

He was funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Thanks Patrick.

He was funny though.

Touché.

Or should I say, douché.

Thinly veiled "I've a shower" thread. How on earth did we survive without daily bathing in the good old days of mass emigration, mass unemployment and mass on Sunday (and none of that Saturday night mass nonsense), when we were thrown in two or three at a time to share the same bath every Saturday night?

My grandmother didn’t have a shower but she smelt of soap. And it wasn’t soap masking odours. Soap was it. I associated a very clean soapy smell with age for a while.

That generation had a fairly rigorous cleaning procedure. I should say she was born in 1915 I think.

• Advertisement

Sorry, TBM. I'm a bit clueless at the best of times.

Advertisement