Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you shower every day?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

bluewolf wrote: »
    sounds like overkill to me if you wash your hair regularly
    Sounds like a ploy by shampoo manufacturers to get you to use twice as much shampoo.
    think in india or pakistan or someone like that their toilet sewer pipes are too small to flush toilet paper along with poo , so they wipe their botty with their hand, left hand i think (they leave their right hand free for shaking hands with other people) ...
    While they do use their left hand to wipe their bums, they do have toilet paper in that hand when they do so. People over there are just as disgusted by people having sh!tty hands as we would be.

A lot of old buildings in Europe also have pipes that can't take toilet paper. There is a bin provided.
    Yes, that was the most popular brand Ireland. It's a form of carbolic but not as harsh. I can smell it now just thinking about it.

The well-to-do used Lifebuoy.
    My Nan used Sunlight soap every day, but had Imperial Leather in the bathroom for the guests :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Two months? Do you hibernate?

Fully stock up and never open a window or door the whole winter lol. Only joking.
    JupiterKid wrote: »
    Well, it’s one thing not to shower every day but going for a month or two without showering? :eek: That sounds pretty manky to me. Would you take baths instead or even wash with a cloth at the sink?

Ye I agree. Been a long time since I left it that long do. I never said that was
    recently.
    Flying Fox wrote: »
    Two months without a shower? :eek:
    I really hope you're not serious. You could get all kinds of bacterial infections from that, and there's no way you're not dirty and smelly, even if you think you're fine. I feel sick just thinking about it. Absolute minimum should be a shower every second day.

Maybe one time but not anymore. I agree now especially when it is warm.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Twice a day. Morning and night. Sometimes three times if there's a night out and I've to get re-dressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Every morning and most evenings i'll have a quick shower before bed or a bath to relax me. I wouldnt wash my hair everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Telly wrote: »
    Every morning and most evenings i'll have a quick shower before bed or a bath to relax me. I wouldnt wash my hair everyday.

i suppose it does make more sense having a bath or shower before bed too, with all the grime and the sweat of the day , you'd wanna really wash all that crap off before getting into bed especially if the sheets have just been washed (isnt that one of the nicest sensations in the world , getting into a bed with clean sheets?) especially when its hot in the day time. - I have a shower every morning but now thinking about it and hearing other people saying they have more than one shower a day I am well considering now to have a shower before bed too now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I nearly always shower in the evenings before bed. Rarely in the mornings.

Advertisement