Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Barton the Manager

• 18-04-2018 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭

Joey Barton is taking over as manager of Fleetwood Town

Can't see this ending well. I think every club he's played for has ended with them kicking him out. City, Newcastle, QPR, Rangers and Burnley.

He has had numerousn significant bans from his profession and even had to be removed from society due to his behaviour.

So maybe things at Fleetwood will be different to how they were for Barton at City, Newcastle, QPR, Rangers, Burnley and in society, or maybe it'll be the same again and they too will want rid. My money's on the latter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He talks enough bo**ocks anyway so hes got that managerial quality going for him, I'm unconvinced about the rest of his credentials however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I"ll give him a max of 10 league games,he"ll fallout with players,assistants, fans, in fact anybody within 10km of Fleetwood:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thought this was the humour thread I had clicked into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Have you ever been to Fleetwood? i have it's a dump he will fit perfectly in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Has to be method behind the madness!!!

One easy way to get your club loads of exposure.

• Advertisement

425010.jpg

I thought Lindsey Buckingham getting fired from Fleetwood Mac in 2018 would be the most bizarre 'Fleetwood' news I read this week.

Good man Joey, it's never boring with you in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

He'll make an utter balls of it,but it'll be an entertaining balls.

Interesting appointment, but can't see it lasting long. Barton just seems to burn bridges and burnout wherever he goes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He didn't have any real issues at Burnley dyche was the one manager that seemed to have a handle on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He didn't have any real issues at Burnley dyche was the one manager that seemed to have a handle on him.

True enough, that one year in the championship with them was probably the quietest in his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

He broke gambling rules, got suspended for a year and had his contract terminated. Though relative to his usual behaviour, that probably qualifies as no real issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

LiamoSail wrote: »
    He broke gambling rules, got suspended for a year and had his contract terminated. Though relative to his usual behaviour, that probably qualifies as no real issues.

Was it not historical gambling issues from previous seasons.

Was it not historical gambling issues from previous seasons.

No idea. Was only a matter of time before he did something anyway.

From the City youth player he stabbed in the eye with a cigar, to the student in Liverpool he assaulted, to Dobo, to the young Everton fan, to the guy he ran down in his car, to Andy Halliday, to Morton Gamst Pederson and half the Man City side, Barton continuously resorts to violence. He will end up assaulting someone at Fleetwood just as he would have eventually at Burnley had he not been sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I don't know why any club or TV channels give him the time of day never mind jobs. He's a terrible human being with a bizarre faux intellectual persona. I really can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Daft move by Fleetwood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Daft move by Fleetwood

Not if the sole idea was to get some headlines ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

From the City youth player he stabbed in the eye with a cigar, to the student in Liverpool he assaulted, to Dobo, to the young Everton fan, to the guy he ran down in his car, to Andy Halliday, to Morton Gamst Pederson and half the Man City side, Barton continuously resorts to violence. He will end up assaulting someone at Fleetwood just as he would have eventually at Burnley had he not been sacked

Bryan-Dobson-Last-RTE-Six-One-News-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lesson one : How to properly extinguish your cigar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

30715004_10156368413189468_8105997528425562112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8464b44d66dbfafe5677d0be3f8fcf1c&oe=5B65F0E9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I'd love to see Fleetwood draw Man UTD in the cup next year. The build up talk between Mourinho and Barton has potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Was a great player when at City... on the pitch. Off the pitch the guy is Mario Balotelli (without the humour..... oh and Mario was x10 times the player..... if u could only get these two to focus for 90mins on the actual football....no Manager could)

Class A waster.... potentially had the talent to play for England but everything off the pitch was too much of a constant distraction.

Even Morrissey :confused::eek: has been taken in ( See 'Spent the day in Bed' Vid) but the faux intellectual musing on twitter isn't fooling anyone.... the "interactions" with team mates at every club he's played for prove hes a violent thug with delusions.

I cant see him lasting 3 months at Fleetwood Town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Was a great player when at City... on the pitch. Off the pitch the guy is Mario Balotelli (without the humour..... oh and Mario was x10 times the player..... if u could only get these two to focus for 90mins on the actual football....no Manager could)

Excuse me!!!

Super Mario might have been as daft as a brush but he is a genuinely nice guy. Admittedly I wouldn't want to be his manager but he is one of the good ones.

Joey Barton, on the other hand, is an utter scumbag and has no right to even be mentioned in the same sentence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Barton allegedly assaulted Barnsley manager today

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1117113334942306305?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

eigrod wrote: »
    Barton allegedly assaulted Barnsley manager today

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1117113334942306305?s=21

Out of character for him to do such a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

He was definitely trying to make a hasty exit, hilariously the police office ran past his car too.

From Barnsley striker Cauley Woodrow's twitter, since deleted:
    Firstly @ftfc to have a manager that can physically assault another manager in the tunnel is disgusting, causing our manager to have blood pouring from his face!!People like you don’t deserve a place in the game of football you are foul.Secondly fantastic win today @BarnsleyFC ❤️

Hope he gets the jail again for that if true. The guy will never learn and is incapable of dealing with his anger in any way other than violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Knowing his MO I’d say he blindsided him as well. A thug and a coward. Acts the hard man but absolutely shat himself when big Vincent Kompany squared up to him in that match on final day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

In the words of Albert Camus - Joey Barton is an absurdity

• Advertisement

giphy.webp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

This should be entertaining.

ETA I thought this was a new thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Hope he gets the jail again for that if true. The guy will never learn and is incapable of dealing with his anger in any way other than violence.

https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/150223816046559233

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭jay1988

Great Shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/17/fleetwood-town-manager-joey-barton-charged-with-actual-bodily-harm

Hopefully he'll be put back in jail where he belongs. Shame on any club that employed him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement