Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WORST PERFORMING XI IN 2017-18

• 18-04-2018 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭

Following on from the PFA team of the season,lets pick an opposite team,players who flopped in 17-18. I"ll get it rolling.

Mingolet
    Martina Stones Shawcross Mustafi
    Pogba Bakayoko Ozil
    Siggy
    Rooney Morata

No great thought gone into this,but all had woeful seasons imo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

You could probably throw in quiet a few Chelsea players into it.

Hart
    Zabaletta Cahill Lindelof Mustafi
    Moses Bakayoko Renato Sanches Alexis Sanchez
    Morata Lacazette

Honorable mentions to Evertons summer signings, Rooney, Gilfy, Klassen, Sandro, theyve all been terrible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

How do you pick players with the likes of Pogba & Ozil
    They played a hundred times better than players for Stoke/WBA/Etc
    Stupid thread for stupid digs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

irishman86 wrote: »
    How do you pick players with the likes of Pogba & Ozil
    They played a hundred times better than players for Stoke/WBA/Etc
    Stupid thread for stupid digs

Of course you're correct, but I think the op means bad compared to their reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think its more about them under performing relative to their ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Poor Mustafi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Space for Mikhi, Sanchez (post move), Aurier, Moreno, Lacazette on the bench I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

No Ashley Williams?
    Can't think of anyone who nosedived in form as much; he went from competent to a liability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Jaysus, I was going to give Pogba some slack given that he hasn't actually been that bad, and that's he's a youngfella, but I hadn't realised that he's 25.

Even so, I think it's hard to look good as an attack-minded player in Mourinho's system.

Ultimately, I think it's hard to pick anyone from the top 4 sides, because they've all had pretty good seasons.

Maybe something like.

Hart
    Shawcross--Reid--Dawson--Cameron
    Bakayoko-Xhaka
    Rooney
    Morata--Benteke--Long

It's hard to pick out ****e players, because a lot of them are turning up quietly every week and doing absolutely **** all. They're not all Benteke missing sitters, Rooney looking like a crippled elephant trying to ice-skate or Hart booting the ball into his own net.

**** full backs are the hardest of all to spot, so I didn't bother trying.

I was surprised to look through the likes of Stoke and Southampton and see that they have a fair number of decent players, and lads like Shaqiri have had decent seasons, but they're still absolute dirt for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

No Moreno?

Surely he is a dead cert for this team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

No Moreno?

Surely he is a dead cert for this team

He only actually played 13 games, so I'd say there's better candidates.

He was ****ing us in Europe as much as anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hart
    Zabaleta Cahill Williams Martina
    Pedro bakayoko scheiderlein
    Long Rooney benteke

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Whichever 11 turned out for Leeds any week you care to choose since Christmas. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Managed by the duo of Alan pardew and arsene wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Gbear wrote: »
    Even so, I think it's hard to look good as an attack-minded player in Mourinho's system.

That the "system" is to blame for Pogba's performances is a bit of a myth really, its a spurious excuse that lets players like him get away with murder. People go on about Pogba needing two other midfielders there just to get the best from him and that he shouldn't be stuck with defensive duties while up the road De Bruyne and Sliva are happily ticking along in midfield and showing him up without needing any of that bull****.

The only thing stopping Pogba is Pogba, which is why you sometimes see periods like the 2nd half of the City game where he decided to actually give a **** and so went out and dominated. Funny how the "system" doesn't hold him back when he doesn't want it to.

If Pogba had half of Ronaldo's drive he would be tearing up the league right this minute, instead he has been toxic to the point where fans don't even disagree when they see him being hauled off.

Underperforming? Understatement!

Kolido wrote: »
    Of course you're correct, but I think the op means bad compared to their reputation.

By that logic how is Mignolet there, cause like hes **** full stop
    I wish i had underperformers like Ozil or Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ashley williams and schneiderlan have to be in every ones team lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Palace have some big underperformers, Benteke, Townsend, Cabaye.
    At Arsenal, you can list almost anybody but Lacazette has disappointed. Siggurrdsson at Everton could only be considered a flop,

Also why Rooney he hasn't kicked a ball in about 3 years this season has prob been his best in that time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm not sure if he's played enough to count, but I think Aurier has been woeful any time I've seen him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Following on from the PFA team of the season,lets pick an opposite team,players who flopped in 17-18. I"ll get it rolling.

Mingolet
    Martina Stones Shawcross Mustafi
    Pogba Bakayoko Ozil
    Siggy
    Rooney Morata

No great thought gone into this,but all had woeful seasons imo

Arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

My team,my opinion. Pick your own team, I didn't put any thought into it really,sorry to offend any Utd,gunners or an other fans but given their supposedly "quality" they have been sh1te nearly every game I've seen them in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Arsenal
    My team,my opinion. Pick your own team, I didn't put any thought into it really,sorry to offend any Utd,gunners or an other fans but given their supposedly "quality" they have been sh1te nearly every game I've seen them in

As an Arsenal fan I’m not offended. The team has been sh1te all season, especially away from home. Not many of the players can claim they had a good season.

Pogba should be captain of the team anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

United are the second best team in the league :pac:

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Pogba should be captain of the team anyway.

10 assists in a team that is built to defend
    Clueless :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

As bad as Joe Hart has been surely the worst keeper in the league has been Wayne Hennessy.

But if it's being crap in relation to their inflated reputation then Joe Hart has it sown up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Maybe underperforming 11 would be better coz as bad as pogba has been he hasnt been as bad as some of the imposters in the premier league however he probably deserves to he in an underperforming 11 as much as anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Judging by the ops team, I reckon he meant under performing.
    Mignolet, Rooney, Renato Sanchez, tosun, m Keane, Arsenal when they are having one of those all too common poor days, morata, Sanchez....probably a ton more I can't think of

Edit: lindelof and Klaasen(Everton) another two that failed to live up to the hype

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

GK: Hart,
    Moreno, Mustafi, Shawcross, Victor Moses
    Hazard Pogba, Bakayoko Sanchez
    Benteke Rondon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Needs more Cech. And no Hazard, Pogba or Ozil, they've not had fantastic seasons but they've all had enough good games to not be anywhere near this list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

My effort, surprised nobody has mentioned Forster yet, went from possible England No.1 to Southampton sub and not on the plane to Russia.

Forster
    Bellerin Linelof Williams Evra
    Babayako Klassen R.Sanches
    Rooney
    Benteke Sturridge

Bench: Hart, Iheanacho, Burke(the lad West Brom paid Leipzig 15 million for), Michael Keane, Siggardsson, Wimmer, Berahino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Had to actually Google Renato Sanches to remind myself where he was.

Advertisement