Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog runs

• 18-04-2018 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey lads anyone have recommendations for dog runs, I've a Springer who's let's just say she's an escape artists. Even pictures of your runs would help alot,
    I've looked at a few places for making runs and a bit undecided
    Anoyne use fenser or the likes of them for dog runs. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Whats fenser ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rockyvsrocky1

Vizzy wrote: »
    Whats fenser ?

It's a gate company in Ireland.

Fenser.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Good stuff.

Very sturdy and robust.

Just one tip - when you are putting up the run, consider making the posts moveable so you can divide up the run ( in case you have a bitch in heat for example)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Use 2 inch weld mesh instead of chainlink in the run, I had a springer bitch that used to chew through chainlink like it wasn't there. She also figured out how to climb up over the fence by sticking her paws through the links and climbing up the side like it was a ladder. Had to cover the run too, but I just used the chainlink on top.

Had to put her down with cancer last september, what a character. Christ I miss her.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭pawrick

I used this crowd in Kerry www.brenken.ie (they deliver nationwide - I'm not affiliated in any way)

Went for the welded mesh type about 2 years ago and it is lasting very well and can be added to easily. some other places supply similar panels but brenken came out cheapest incl. delivery at the time. I also ordered some panels from a crowd in Kildare but the finish didn't seem as good but maybe that was just the batch i received.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭tonytoc11

Use 2 inch weld mesh instead of chainlink in the run, I had a springer bitch that used to chew through chainlink like it wasn't there. She also figured out how to climb up over the fence by sticking her paws through the links and climbing up the side like it was a ladder. Had to cover the run too, but I just used the chainlink on top.

Had to put her down with cancer last september, what a character. Christ I miss her.....

I had the exact same issue with a springer and chain link. Had to swap it our for the fence panels on fender.ie. They’re a great job.

How do people manage the drainage and hosing down of dog runs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

tonytoc11 wrote: »
    I had the exact same issue with a springer and chain link. Had to swap it our for the fence panels on fender.ie. They’re a great job.

How do peoples manage the drainage and hosing down of dog runs?

I have a fall in the run which slopes down to a drain running alongside the run, which runs into the sewer, you would want it.

I pick the ****e up with the ****e shovel, and throw it down the sewer and give it flush down with a half barrel of water every week or so to keep it all moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

if your anywhere near Wexford,then SLANEYSIDE KENNELS is the best i found ,i ordered mine on a tuesday and they arrived on wednesday morning at 11 a,m.....their very competitive price wise and their product is top notch..i ordered 4 terrier kennels and 3 2 meter cage fronts ...galvanised...all the kennels are fed into euro drains and straight into the house sewage system

http://www.dog-runs.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

transit260 wrote: »
    if your anywhere near Wexford,then SLANEYSIDE KENNELS is the best i found ,i ordered mine on a tuesday and they arrived on wednesday morning at 11 a,m.....their very competitive price wise and their product is top notch..i ordered 4 terrier kennels and 3 2 meter cage fronts ...galvanised...all the kennels are fed into euro drains and straight into the house sewage system

http://www.dog-runs.ie/

I got my pen from these lads, very helpful, A+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭pawrick

I've used both, the solid chain link panels seem to be the same alright but my order from brenken seemed to have a slightly better finish on the coating (probably luck of the batch). Don't forget to try to haggle a little on price though as there seems to be a little leeway with both.

im never adjusting the kennels again,7 kennels now 5 years down the road,,still in top nick..never tried haggling though,lol just ordered and paid ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

im never adjusting the kennels again,7 kennels now 5 years down the road,,still in top nick..never tried haggling though,lol just ordered and paid ..

Im just a tight **cker. Always keeping an eye out on Donedeal for a bargain lol

Eddie B wrote: »
    Im just a tight **cker. Always keeping an eye out on Donedeal for a bargain lol

hard enough to earn it lol...a fool and his money are easily parted they say......im a dumb mutt so i reckon lol

hard enough to earn it lol...a fool and his money are easily parted they say......im a dumb mutt so i reckon lol

A you have exactly what you want, and they are a lifetime job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

This is a thread from about 6 years ago on dog runs
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056550968/5

Anyone from Cork looking for a bargain

https://www.donedeal.ie/petaccessories-for-sale/dog-cage/18320421

Say you'll get it a bit less than that too.

Advertisement