Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle SuperStore Triathlon Department Relaunch Night 26th April 7pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭TriFirst

zico10 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to promote the shop with this post, but I think this is an event worth highlighting. The keynote speaker is Rachel Lee, the fastest Irish person ever to swim the English Channel. I'm sure hers will be a story well worth listening to.

http://blog.cyclesuperstore.ie/uncategorised/cycle-superstore-april-events/

https://www.facebook.com/events/366208260562569/

The event is free, but you need to register for tickets, which you can do at the links provided.

Rachel is a phenomenal swimmer for sure but given that they are launching a new triathlon department would it not make more sense and be a bigger more appropriate draw to have a recognisable pro triathlete promote the launch. I was in the store at the weekend and they have a large new mezzanine on which will be located the new triathlon dept. I only hope they employ the expertise necessary as up till now I felt their triathlon section was more of an after thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

TriFirst wrote: »
    Rachel is a phenomenal swimmer for sure but given that they are launching a new triathlon department would it not make more sense and be a bigger more appropriate draw to have a recognisable pro triathlete promote the launch. I was in the store at the weekend and they have a large new mezzanine on which will be located the new triathlon dept. I only hope they employ the expertise necessary as up till now I felt their triathlon section was more of an after thought.

You might well be right, and I don't know what lengths Cycle Superstore went to find a speaker, but recognisable pro triathletes in Ireland are few and far between.

I can only speak for myself here, but I'm looking forward to the night. Swimming the Channel is a massive undertaking and the time Rachel swam it in is, like you say, fairly phenomenal. I'm looking forward to hearing about it and the night wouldn't be anymore appealing for me even if one of our Olympic triathletes were talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

it would be great if they could record it and throw it up or even facebook live it ,, i know a few people here in the west that would be very interested in it too but obviously arent going to drive up from mayo in the middle of the week

Advertisement