Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currency fair AUD to EUR?

• 18-04-2018 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I've used currency fair for many years to transfer money TO australia. I'm now moving to Australia for 18mths and will need to send to Ireland. I'm presuming I can still use my CF account to do this? Is there anything extra I need to do or will it be good to go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

It works both ways no problem.........Revolut also offers good rates. No transfer fees.Their phone app works great. As a long time user of CF I hope they can up their game a little to keep up with all the changes and offers from others such as Revolut. Both have their uses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

skippy2 wrote: »
    It works both ways no problem.........Revolut also offers good rates. No transfer fees.Their phone app works great. As a long time user of CF I hope they can up their game a little to keep up with all the changes and offers from others such as Revolut. Both have their uses

Brilliant, thanks. I have a Revolut card and didn't think of using them as I've never actually used to send money to someone else, just topped it up and then used the card or purchased online. So I can add my Australian bank account details, top up from that, exchange to euro and then do a withdrawal to my PTSB account? How long does that transfer take? It's probably faster than CF I'd say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Exactly you have it.............transfer is quick, a couple of days, allowing for time difference. They have a yearly limit i think about 25/30k then you just have to jump through a few hoops and they lift that

Advertisement