Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need pet friendly accommodation

Options
  • 18-04-2018 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Myself and my fiancee are currently looking for a place to live because our current landlord is looking to sell. We have been there for over 3 years and both have good full-time jobs based near the Sandyford area.
    The only problem for us is we have a pup since January and he has become part of the family. Hes a 4 month old American Akita and a really well behaved dog, who is house trained. As most people know it is next to impossible to find somebody who will accept pets, which makes for us trying to find somewhere to live an ugly experience as most landlords like our cut but the dog is the deal-breaker.

I'm hopeful that somebody will read this and either know somebody or will have somewhere to offer themselves. Myself and my fiancee are looking for somewhere we can hang our hats for awhile and we can assure now hassle. Were open to anywhere within an hours access to our jobs.

Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

A friend recently had this problem when she got a dog after moving into a property. She was threatened with eviction but eventually settled for a 50% rent increase.

Your only hope I think is to offer more money but in the present renting climate that might still not be enough incentive for a landlord to accept your pup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eric.brennan87

Nomis21, I have not been evicted because of the animal though. I am on good terms with my landlady, she just wishes to sell up which is her right. I will just have to keep looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Op where about's are you living currently

South West Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

okay, if you were more specific i may be able to help. What kind of property would you be looking for. Is it just the both of you and the dog. ?

• Advertisement

Conormc1984

I appreciate you helping, can we pm particulars. Don't want to have too much personal information in the public thread.

Advertisement