Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Played Games list

Options
  • 18-04-2018 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all. I have a mate who wants to marry Fortnite, so according to him it's the best game ever full stop. I don't think so. I actually don't see why people enjoy it, but each to their own and all that. However, I would like to disprove him that it's the most played game in the world right now.

I can find lists of most concurrent Steam users online, but is there anything for all platforms, or even anything that shows peak concurrent player count per platform per month, and I can do the addition myself. I've Googled, but can't find anything other than Steam.

So, fellow learned boardsies, can ye help me out? I'm sure LoL, DOTA and WoW have more players in general, but I'd like cold hard facts to disprove him!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=popular

this is probably as close as you'll get for PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Fortnite is so hot right now, he's probably right.. :eek:

Its free, and free games tend to get massive player bases, LoL and Dota for example if ya want long term proof, so its not hard to believe fortnite is king at the moment.

Its also currently got the top viewership on twitch, which wont answer your question but may help with your beliefs some :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Shame, I thought there might be something out there. But I shall remind him that it was free, so that's why people have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sieghardt wrote: »
    https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=popular

this is probably as close as you'll get for PS4

Was going through that list and seeing all the games you'd expect either due to big releases or being on PS Plus, then a random game called Slyde. Made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fortnite is the most played but thats relying on figures from Epic. They are unlikely to lie as the 2nd most played is PUBG.

Steam has steam top ten.
    Ubisoft has nothing.
    Origin has nothing.

individual games some times have their own (BF, COD)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was going through that list and seeing all the games you'd expect either due to big releases or being on PS Plus, then a random game called Slyde. Made me laugh

A quick Google of Slyde seems to suggest it's a very easy platinum, might be why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think Fortnite IS the most played game in the world right now.

Other contenders might be Battle Royal or some MMORPG in Asia.

Overwatch, LOL and Dota aren't as popular as they were to begin with,....still huge numbers....but I think Fortnite is no.1

I tried it for the first time last night. Building was confusing. Had 2 games..turned it off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah the building mechanic turned me straight off. Also like ranking up and character progression which is why games like this and overwatch just don't do it for me, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It was the building that really ended it for me. You finally see someone and they cover themselves with an immediately built wall. BS!

Advertisement