Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist dies after collision involving truck in Dublin

Options
  • 18-04-2018 9:03pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭

A cyclist has died after a road crash in Donnybrook, Dublin 4 this afternoon.

The 19-year-old man was involved in a collision with a truck at the junction of Stillorgan Road and Greenfield Park at around 3pm.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0418/955509-dublin-cyclist/

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

please remember folks; condolences only please; no speculation on cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Corca Baiscinn

Oh dear, RIP, Condolences. Is that 5 deaths now this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

RIP a spot I'm sure many of us have ridden by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Rip. Go through that junction heading home from work each day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Oh god no, this is awful. Condolences to his friends and family.
    R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

RIP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

all - while there can be some genuinely interesting/useful debate around potential causes, can we keep it to other threads?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Ahhhh for forks sake!

RIP. Every time I go for a cycle I always worry about being passed too close, knocked off, injured etc. It really happened for this poor young lad, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Terrible news. God rest him. Thoughts are with his family, and any rescuers at the scene. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭ratracer

RIP that man. A son/ brother/ uncle/ friend who left home this morning to go to school/ work/ college, and is now never coming home. This is horrendous. Stay safe out there folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭plodder

This is so sad. The death of another young cyclist, so soon after the young guy from Bettystown. I think we need an annual garda report on cyclist deaths which analyses the causes, hopefully in a way that doesn't identify people, and avoids questions of blame in individual cases. There has to be important lessons to be learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Shocking stuff. A nineteen year old healthy man at the start of adulthood. Very sad. My sincere condolences to family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭jellies

Saw the scene on the way home from work and feared the worst. Hearing a 19 year old young man has died makes me sick to my stomach. Thoughts with all his family and friends. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Shocking and tragic news. 19 yrs old and a whole life to live. Rest In Peace young man.
    I would not know where to start from if this happened to someone I knew. Condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

RIP to the lad, condolences to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Rest In Peace. No age at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

RIP and condolences to family and friends. Truly heartbreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Used to cycle through that junction twice every day last year on my commute. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

RIP and condolences to family and friends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Heard this on the news this morning and couldn't believe it, not again :(. RIP and condolences to his family, so so sad. On my way into work then saw a woman on the ground on the quays (didn't look critical but nonetheless).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭homer911

Terrible news, saw the scene on the way home last night. Condolences to the family

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Shocking. Only moved to Southside recently and that junction and the next nearest town are dangerous for a cyclist.

Gardai were at the junction this morning and saw them stopping a cyclist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

RIP.
    mal1 wrote: »
    Gardai were at the junction this morning and saw them stopping a cyclist.
    Hopefully stopping the motorists that do an illegal left to u turn to go down nutley lane too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Rip.
    Sympathies to his family and friends ...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

RIP. Awful news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

This is so sad. His father is one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭homer911

Advertisement