Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist dies after collision involving truck in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Ahhhh for forks sake!

Cyclist collides with lorry, lorry driver was uninjured :confused: what the fuck? Do they seriously have to add that dig at the end? (Radio bulletin this morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Cyclist collides with lorry, lorry driver was uninjured :confused: what the fuck? Do they seriously have to add that dig at the end? (Radio bulletin this morning).
    I usually take that to mean he didn't have a heart attack which then caused the accident

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Ahhhh for forks sake!

De Bhál wrote: »
    I usually take that to mean he didn't have a heart attack which then caused the accident

Ah I see. I hope that wasn't insensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

I think it's to empathise how cyclists come off worse in collisions with motor vehicles and the need for care?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i always assumed it's journalistic practice to state the condition of anyone involved in the accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Corca Baiscinn

i always assumed it's journalistic practice to state the condition of anyone involved in the accident.

Garda practice I think, journalists get their info from them dont they? Probably just standard practice in RTA's involving 2 or more parties. Does sound odd though in cases such as vehice/pedestrian or vehicle/cyclist when there is a huge disparity in ability to cause harm.

I find myself wincing whenever I read it but it's probably not going to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, AFAIK the root of that is AGS Press Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

<snip >

Mod note: This is a condolence thread only, there are other threads to go to for discussion -nee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Just passed by the accident locus.

It is so sad to see such a grand display of flowers in the bright sun at the site of the accident all bearing witness to an awful tragedy.

I believe the funeral is tomorrow. May he rest in peace. Deepest condolences to his family and wider circles.

Advertisement