Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary confidentiality breach

Options
  • 18-04-2018 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This is a really tough one and would appreciate some advice. Some background on the company I work for; it’s a sales distribution business that was previously a family business but was bought out by the main product manufacturer.

Since starting I’ve hit a number of performance milestones resulting in an increase in my base salary. A colleague in the same position and in the situ much longer is on a lower salary and his increments don’t come close to mine.

On my second last salary review my sales manager let it slip to my colleague about the salary increase resulting in tension betweeen the two of us. The sales manager is not involved with salary increases, this is handled directly by MD.

On my last salary review again I received another increase based on performance and again my sales manager let it slip to my colleague and I suspect other employees in the office. My colleague is now really pissed off.

I view this as a serious breach of my right to renumeration confidentiality, I could tackle my sales manager on it directly or go over him to the MD as this is the second occurrences.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Advertisement