Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashen

Options
  • 18-04-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever played around here? Could do with a few tips or pearls of wisdom in how to try and conserve golf balls and keep the score down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭golfguy1

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Anyone ever played around here? Could do with a few tips or pearls of wisdom in how to try and conserve golf balls and keep the score down.

I assume you mean the cashen course in ballybunion

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

golfguy1 wrote: »
    I assume you mean the cashen course in ballybunion

Thats the one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Haven't played it and regret not - know I would love the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭golfguy1

Leave driver out of bag.
    Par 3s are decent holes all mid lenght bar 1
    All par 5s are terrible. Iron off tee required off all par 5s.
    Pretty poor course imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Whiplash85 wrote: »

Cracking course, play to what you can see. Don't get greedy.

And DO NOT go right on 10. Plenty room left even if it doesn't seem like it standing on the tee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Leave driver out of bag.
    Par 3s are decent holes all mid lenght bar 1
    All par 5s are terrible. Iron off tee required off all par 5s.
    Pretty poor course imo

Wouldnt go that far, there are some great holes there as well as some weak ones
    If you could combine some of the old and cashen you would have a cracking track. Long walks between greens and tees so you will get fit as well:D

was a little run down and unloved the last time I played it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Par 3s are quality. 16 is one of the best in the country. 8th is a spectacular par 5. Few weak holes also but overall, its a fine track.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Super super course, played it just the once on a fairly windy day, remember my approach to the first as the wind took it way over the green and lost it. Went on to score 38 and I loved the craziness of the place but some say just a tad too much on the perched green side of things. I disagree, trust your swing and go for all, thought every hole was fair apart from a mad long par 3 somewhere on the back nine, some of the views were spectacular.
    Very underrated course IMHO.

My mint Tesla Model 3 for quick sale

Tesla Model 3 link

Advertisement