Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your cycling record (distance wise)? What were you cycling?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I suggested that before on a different thread and i was shot down over it. It went along the lines of, if you don't go home its the same spin, even if you sleep.
    couple of ways to skin this cat. one way would be 'maximum covered in 24 hours regardless of amount of sleep' OR 'maximum covered between sleeps' being allowable?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

310km the 6 Megaliths Audax a few years back, some bonus km for navigational SNAFU's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

325km Cork>Dublin... when I look at the avg speed and elevation now, no wonder I barely survived it ;) I can hardly knock speeds like these on 50km spins these days :)

https://www.strava.com/activities/348246150

[Edit]

This explains a bit... 40kph tailwind on the day :D Funny its hard to appreciate assistance from the gods of weather ;)

https://mywindsock.com/activity/348246150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Alek wrote: »
    325km Cork>Dublin... when I look at the avg speed and elevation now, no wonder I barely survived it ;) I can hardly knock speeds like these on 50km spins these days :)

https://www.strava.com/activities/348246150

[Edit]

This explains a bit... 40kph tailwind on the day :D Funny its hard to appreciate assistance from the gods of weather ;)

https://mywindsock.com/activity/348246150

Lovely, you believe mywindsock algorithim but not your wise sage of a route planner :pac:

I can suggest an equally nice alternative with less climbing next time your are doing Cork Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Lovely, you believe mywindsock algorithim but not your wise sage of a route planner

I remember I did include your suggestions when planning the route - climbing over Nire valley was lovely :)
    I can suggest an equally nice alternative with less climbing next time your are doing Cork Dublin

But why? ;)

• Advertisement

Alek wrote: »
    I remember I did include your suggestions when planning the route - climbing over Nire valley was lovely :)

But why? ;)

A little gravel, a pedestrian bridge and the "trailer" bridge...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Done Sligo to Letterkenny about 5 times. 115km on an entry level Aluminum Frame, Steel forks, 14 speed.

First tine was on an old steel frames Peugeot. Gears on the down tube. Still is my PB for the journey.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Boards Evil 2015 - 244.80km with 4000m of climbing
    https://www.strava.com/activities/353895562

Had a lovely pint of Guinness in Johnnie Fox's homeward bound

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

is that not implied, I assume everyone elses distance were solo too?;):D

Yeah could have done it on a tandem suppose. :pac:

I think though there’s a difference between doing a relatively long ride on your own and in a group (eg sportive).

• Advertisement

I’d have loved it to have been 225 but **** you Deja and your stupidly steep roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

227 today with 3900 metres climbing. Mallorca 225 route. Painfully slow and outside the time limit, but delighted after 650 km year to date.
    Previous best was 185.
    (I think those mad audax ba??*#ds should have a separate thread )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

110kish? Somewhere in Northern Morocco fulled loaded... There were stops mind you... but that was probably the longest distance in the saddle in one day I figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

RVV Sportif 2014
    Brilliant event, strongly recommend it.

To put in it perspective, Cancellara did it in 6.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Mainly on the MTB, so no super long distances, longest spins would have been the Mick Byrne 160k...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

447 km Easter Flèche 3 years ago on a guirrecetti

451km on a Cannondale Synapse as I cycled 4km down to the start! :p

It's actually 4 years ago. Want to try and beat the 525km record set this year?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

204km Wicklow 200 (from the car) in 2016, on a Giant Defy Disc. Was expecting to beat it in the Mick Bryne 200, through getting lost in Dalkey, but will have my elemnt bolt by then!

Ryath wrote: »
    451km on a Cannondale Synapse as I cycled 4km down to the start! :p

It's actually 4 years ago. Want to try and beat the 525km record set this year?:eek:

Don't poke the bear I would think!

Two of the team here and their last PBP times
    56H11
    MCLOUGHLIN
    DAVID
    ORWELL WLRS CC

66H34
    CASSIDY
    MICHAEL
    DROMARA CC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Did 580km from lancashire to Cornwall a few years back as part of a slightly bizarre tour or England. Was late january when I did it so felt like the whole thing was in darkness. Took me about 26 hours including stops for food and at one point a 40 minute nap at a bus stop. Was riding a steel frame motobecane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

200km - Clonmel to Dublin, July 2017
    On a Cube

clonmel_to_dublin.jpg

cube.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

You average speed that day was savage for that distance - almost 33km/h IIRC. :eek:

Yea. 32.6 I think. It was class. In fairness, a good bit of it at the beginning was in a huge group and the route is basically flat on good surface (they even had us riding on a highway at one point) with one big climb in the middle and the few short ones towards the end. Weather was just like it was here yesterday. Back when I was able to ride like that for long distances!

Advertisement