Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread ban in AH

Options
  • 19-04-2018 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received a ban from the Louise O Neill thread in AH (the thread name changes every few days) for personal abuse.

I Said a poster was dishonest.

I contacted the mod Conspectus for clarification but he hasn't responded to my last two messages sent 24 hours apart. My last message was sent last night.

The messages are included below:

Me: Hi which posts were trolling?

C: Sorry, I copy pasted without looking. I'll change it now. Should have been Personal abuse.

Me: Can you point to specific incidents please? I've been called multiple names on that thread by a variety of posters.

C: Right there. "You really did as the most dishonest poster I've ever encountered."

Me: That poster has said I am Louise o Neill at least 3 times, and quoted me as saying that 1 in 2 men have committed sexual assaults and continued to do so after multiple corrections.It's considered personal abuse to say that he's a dishonest poster?

[24hours later after no response]

Me: Hi, You didn't reply to my last message. Can I have the ban removed if I don't make any personal remarks in future?

As I said to Conspectus I will not make any more personal remarks and will debate the post not the poster.

I was hoping a warning before an outright ban would be more appropriate in this case. I have a pretty clean posting record.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hi LLMMLL,

I'd suggest giving the mod in question a little more time to reply. In the meantime, I'll make the CMods aware of this DRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hi LLMMLL, please give the Mod time to reply.

If you get nowhere come back and I will have a word.

Advertisement