Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are all cameras a universal fit?

Options
  • 19-04-2018 12:18am

Howdy folks.

I bought this set online about 6 months ago, but only got around to actually installing it recently.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MGJ4YW8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a great kit, well worth the money, and I'm liking it in general. One issue I have with it, is the field of view is a bit narrow (ie; the camera's aren't wide enough).

To be honest, 3 of the 4 are fine with their placement, but one of them bugs me and a wider lens would help a fair bit.

The cameras are described as HD-TVI cameras. So can I ask, can I just go onto amazon looking for any old camera described as HD-TVI and swap them over? Or does each manufacturer have it's own specific cabling and such to prevent this?

Not really knowledgeable on the world of CCTV.

Cheers to anyone able to help. :)

Advertisement