Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flopy Zip Disks

Options
  • 19-04-2018 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

have 50 number Iomega Zip 100mb disks want to transfer to USB stick. am based in naas area, anyone able to help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

https://www.amazon.com/Iomega-10919-Drive-Parallel-Port
    Note is parallel interface, so you need old PC or PCI card (also available on Amazon).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 steelrose54

ta but dont want to buy drive as will have no use for it once on USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

ta but dont want to buy drive as will have no use for it once on USB.

Are you going to pay the person that helps you?

davo2001 wrote: »
    Are you going to pay the person that helps you?
    Providing max theoretical transfer speed is 0.9MB/s X50X100MB disks will be some time to transfer...would be fair to shell out few bobs, wouldn't it.

don't mind paying a few bob, and don't really want the hassle in buying one that has all the parts and start up disk / driver.

• Advertisement

don't mind paying a few bob, and don't really want the hassle in buying one that has all the parts and start up disk / driver.
    Another possible option could be to check with local PC repair shops and get quote if such service available.

tried that no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

https://www.amazon.com/Iomega-10919-Drive-Parallel-Port
    Note is parallel interface, so you need old PC or PCI card (also available on Amazon).

there is a USB version of the ZIP drive.

there is a USB version of the ZIP drive.

Even better, but that is for OP consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

If the data is worth the effort then it should be worth buying a USB Zip Drive to do the job and sell it on again.
    See there is one (250) on adverts
    https://www.adverts.ie/other-peripherals/iomega-usb-zip-drive-250-powered/11114371

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I've a USB zip drive. Hasn't been used in 'in a while' :) I'd be interested in assisting, but I'd need to check that the drive still works. If it does, trying to get it working with any of my machines might be a problem, from a quick look online the latest drivers would be 32bit Win XP drivers. I'd need to check to see if I can get the zip drive working with one of my VMs, or as a last resort see if I can get it working with an old P3 laptop I have that is running Windows 98. Not a preferred solution though as it only has one USB port and that's USB 1.0...
    If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

ta will pm you

Advertisement