Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye Bye Tesco Credit Card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

It definitely won’t act as a Tesco clubcard. Anyone who’s sole Tesco clubcard number was the one on their Tesco credit card should be issued a new Clubcard... or maybe should contact Clubcard if it doesn’t materialise soon

Tesco credit card expires 11/10 Avantcards active from 02:00 12/10 with full online access from 13/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

van_beano wrote: »
    If you've tried out the new cards can you confirm if the card works as a clubcard as well or do you need to scan a separate clubcard?
    How could I check - would it show on the receipt if it picked it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

How could I check - would it show on the receipt if it picked it up?

If you pay with the card by chip and pin at Tesco’s self service counter, the till tells you that all your “points add up” without the need to scan a normal Tesco Clubcard. That’s due to the clubcard and credit card being one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

Anyone waiting on their avantcard card?
    I got one of the two on the account about a week ago, but still waiting on the second.

Mine arrived during the week. Set up the online registration, have to wait until the 19th before it's active. I suppose if you don't have it by Wed or so give them a buzz

• Advertisement

Thanks,
    It's the 12th they go live.

Mine arrived during the week. Set up the online registration, have to wait until the 19th before it's active. I suppose if you don't have it by Wed or so give them a buzz

Bojill wrote: »
    Thanks,
    It's the 12th they go live.

Maybe it's got to do with when your billing period ends, mine is the 17th of every month, it said online that my new card will be active on the 19th from 2 am whilst the old Tesco card will expire at 12am. I'll have 2 hours where I can't buy anything with a Credit Card :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Maybe it's got to do with when your billing period ends, mine is the 17th of every month, it said online that my new card will be active on the 19th from 2 am whilst the old Tesco card will expire at 12am. I'll have 2 hours where I can't buy anything with a Credit Card :rolleyes:

I can confirm it looks like that because I only got a letter few days ago with switchover taking place on 26 (at 23:55) and new card will be active 6 minutes later :)

My bill date is 25th of each month. I wish the delivery of said bill was even close to that, so happy with online banking and more local billing centre.

It definitely won’t act as a Tesco clubcard. Anyone who’s sole Tesco clubcard number was the one on their Tesco credit card should be issued a new Clubcard... or maybe should contact Clubcard if it doesn’t materialise soon

Tesco credit card expires 11/10 Avantcards active from 02:00 12/10 with full online access from 13/10

Was correct on this. Received my new clubcard today . Logged In to my tesco clubcard account and can see it’s linked correctly to my main clubcard (so I won’t get 2 mailings)

I had a clubcard before I had a Clubcard Credit card.

Glad to see it’s looking like a smooth transition so far

wonski wrote: »
    I can confirm it looks like that because I only got a letter few days ago with switchover taking place on 26 (at 23:55) and new card will be active 6 minutes later :)

My bill date is 25th of each month. I wish the delivery of said bill was even close to that, so happy with online banking and more local billing centre.

It would say your Tesco card will stop working 26th @ 23.55. Avantcard become your credit card provider from 00.01 27th but it says the card won’t be active until 02.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It would say your Tesco card will stop working 26th @ 23.55. Avantcard become your credit card provider from 00.01 27th but it says the card won’t be active until 02.00

OK, haven't got the card yet so they just said Avantcard will be provider from just after midnight, no mention in the letter of when the card will be ready to use.

Good to know. I guess they do need some 2 hours window to migrate most transactions, balances etc, so 2 hours window shouldn't affect too many customers with the notice given.

I know Ulster Bank online and App are offline between 2am and 2:30am every night, when it comes back after 2:30am all DD's etc are taken so maybe it's the usual time banks process payments etc

Update on my transfer:
    So transfer is complete as of 24 hrs ago, Online access functional about an hour ago.
    I made some transactions on the last day of the Tesco card, which aren't showing yet, and of the 2 transactions on the new avant card yesterday, 1 is listed as a pending, but the available balance reflects both purchases.
    Looking good so far.

If you pay with the card by chip and pin at Tesco’s self service counter, the till tells you that all your “points add up” without the need to scan a normal Tesco Clubcard. That’s due to the clubcard and credit card being one.

If you've tried out the new cards can you confirm if the card works as a clubcard as well or do you need to scan a separate clubcard?

According to Avantcard, you definitely need a new Clubcard to continue to get the same points for Tesco spend

https://www.avantcard.ie/help-centre/tesco-card-customer-information
    You will continue to earn the same amount of Tesco Clubcard points when using your Avantcard credit card.
    • Earn 1 point for every €2 spent in Tesco stores using your new Avantcard credit card.
    • Earn 3 points for every €2 spent in Tesco stores when you use your new Avantcard credit card, along with your new ClubCard.

Did people get a new Clubcard sent out automatically, or do I need to order this separately?

I got a set of clubcards automatically in the post.

According to Avantcard, you definitely need a new Clubcard to continue to get the same points for Tesco spend

https://www.avantcard.ie/help-centre/tesco-card-customer-information

Did people get a new Clubcard sent out automatically, or do I need to order this separately?

I got a new set too. Even though I had a clubcard when I originally signed up to the Tesco Bank VISA.

They will arrive and will all be linked to your current clubcard account.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

Is anyone having problems logging in to the Advantages rewards scheme?

The tab at the top contains a link to "Advantages Rewards" but the Avantcard login details do not work and just bring back the Avantcard homepage.

Carnmore wrote: »

The tab at the top contains a link to "Advantages Rewards" but the Avantcard login details do not work and just bring back the Avantcard homepage.

I think you have to register separately for this scheme. I didn't bother.

Carnmore wrote: »

As said, you have to register first. I used it to rebook reservations with booking.com. 4% cashback

Just thinking, it's a shame they didn't automatically give a 6 month interest free introductory balance transfer to everyone being swapped over. Would have been handy for Christmas

• Advertisement

Applied for a 20% credit limit increase Sunday night, missed a call today from 071 number (was at work) but got an email few minutes later. Had to register and log into secure mail. It basically said I was approved in principal and once I provide proof of PPSN my limit would be increased. Handy enough process.

I think if they had of already had my PPSN proof on file I would have just got a text re my credit limit application to say yes or no

Applied for a 20% credit limit increase Sunday night, missed a call today from 071 number (was at work) but got an email few minutes later. Had to register and log into secure mail. It basically said I was approved in principal and once I provide proof of PPSN my limit would be increased. Handy enough process.

I think if they had of already had my PPSN proof on file I would have just got a text re my credit limit application to say yes or no

Just logged in and it’s increased! Very handy process

All up and running for me now. For the first time in 3 years I can see the balance of my Credit Card without having to ring customer service, no more overlimit fees for me. Any transactions seem to appear straight away online aswell.

So far so good.

Is anyone else having problems with the contactless payment on Avantcard?

Is anyone else having problems with the contactless payment on Avantcard?

Worked grand for me earlier to see if it was working, transaction showed straight up online. Disabled the contactless afterwards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I just went to register my CC there on the Avantcard website and there is an issue with the security cert on the site. I would not be entering any passwords or credit card details on it!

I just went to register my CC there on the Avantcard website and there is an issue with the security cert on the site. I would not be entering any passwords or credit card details on it!

No problem with the security cert when I use the site.

Disabled the contactless afterwards.
    How do you disable it? I can't see any setting on the website for this.

No settings online which is a pity, I know Revolut give the option on their App which is reversible.

For the Avantcard I used the irreversible method using a torch and a drilling a small hole to break the circuitry, the card can still be used chip & pin or swipe. Don’t fancy the hassle of having to ring them up if I lose the card and trying to explain any unauthorized transactions taking place.

Pity Avantcard hasn’t gone Applepay yet.

• Advertisement

No settings online which is a pity, I know Revolut give the option on their App which is reversible.

For the Avantcard I used the irreversible method using a torch and a drilling a small hole to break the circuitry, the card can still be used chip & pin or swipe. Don’t fancy the hassle of having to ring them up if I lose the card and trying to explain any unauthorized transactions taking place.

Pity Avantcard hasn’t gone Applepay yet.
    Fair enough - fairly hard core!

Advertisement