Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye Bye Tesco Credit Card

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭homer911

Do they have an App, or are we restricted to browser access?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

homer911 wrote: »
    Do they have an App, or are we restricted to browser access?

No App, just browser by the looks of it, the new crowd that took over may improve things with an App

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Made a payment at Post Office last Saturday

1. Because I needed to make a payment
    2. I wanted to test timeframe etc

Nothing showed up Monday (first business day) but today first thing when I log in I can see the Payment & the paid funds are available.

So I assume if you make the payment early on a business day, it will show on your account the next business day

Also, just FYI, the 97c fee for paying via An Post isn’t charge at the counter, it’s charged to your statement alongside the An Post Payment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

So I assume if you make the payment early on a business day, it will show on your account the next business day

Correct, its 1 business day if done by bank transfer.

Also just noticed the majority of tesco clubcard points on the card earned over the last week, showed up today at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Finally online access to the account, how cool is that in 2018:D

The only reason I kept the card was I did not want to run another credit application etc just to get online access. I don't care much about rates as at my credit limit these don't really count tbh,

Online access is all we wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I just got what should be the final bill from Tesco, showing 'Amount Outstanding' which matches the opening balance on Avantcard. I got a shock there for a minute as I wasn't certain that the balance had been transferred, and I thought that I might owe them on the double. It's all a bit confusing - they should really have included something explicit to say that this balance has switched to Avantcard.

I just got what should be the final bill from Tesco, showing 'Amount Outstanding' which matches the opening balance on Avantcard. I got a shock there for a minute as I wasn't certain that the balance had been transferred, and I thought that I might owe them on the double. It's all a bit confusing - they should really have included something explicit to say that this balance has switched to Avantcard.

Yeah all payments to Avant now. I noticed online that Avant have all the old statements since March.

Am wondering when do the clubcard points from card purchases appear now, haven’t gotten any since I’ve been switched over about 10 days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

van_beano wrote: »
    Yeah all payments to Avant now. I noticed online that Avant have all the old statements since March.

Am wondering when do the clubcard points from card purchases appear now, haven’t gotten any since I’ve been switched over about 10 days ago.

I am due my final Tesco bill in the post in the coming days, but now thanks to Avant's online access i can see the bill online. Am i right in thinking that i pay this final bill using my old (tesco)payment details, as it has all the tesco details listed on the final statement?

chasm wrote: »
    I am due my final Tesco bill in the post in the coming days, but now thanks to Avant's online access i can see the bill online. Am i right in thinking that i pay this final bill using my old (tesco)payment details, as it has all the tesco details listed on the final statement?

Nope, once your account has been fully migrated over to Avantcard and you can see you balance online with them then you pay directly to Avantcard.

I didn't know at the start so I just set up the payment through my current account and paid off a small amount. Once I noticed it worked I paid the rest.

On a separate note and to answer my previous question, the Tesco points from Avantcard card are visible on the clubcard account. All in all, from my experience anyways, it's been a seamless migration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

van_beano wrote: »
    On a separate note and to answer my previous question, the Tesco points from Avantcard card are visible on the clubcard account. All in all, from my experience anyways, it's been a seamless migration.
    So just to clarify, do you need to show your Clubcard in Tesco to get max points when paying with Avantcard?

• Advertisement

So just to clarify, do you need to show your Clubcard in Tesco to get max points when paying with Avantcard?

Yeah, use the separate clubcard to get full benefit, I have forgotten it a few times, just went to customer services with the receipt to get them added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Just noticed that the currency conversion rate on foreign transactions is 2.65% with no maximum fee, usually it's zset at max 11 or 12 euro. That's a bit of a pain, it might be smarter to use revolut for other currency purchases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

Just wondering if anyone got their 250 extra clubcard points for using the avantcard 3 times during November?

Bojill wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone got their 250 extra clubcard points for using the avantcard 3 times during November?

Just logged in to Tesco Clubcard there to check, no sign of the 250 points for either the current or previous quarter.

Didn’t actually realise that there was that promotion on.

Bojill wrote: »

No this bonus has not shown...only little negative of the switchover for me - I was hoping someone here will follow up for us all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Anyone else get no interest added in their November statement (first avantcard stmt) and then get two months interest in December statement ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bocking 14

No extra points either

250 EXTRAPOINTS have gone in with a date of 30/11/2018

250 EXTRAPOINTS have gone in with a date of 30/11/2018

Got them as well, exact same date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm beginning to wonder about them. I set up a direct debit in September with them and it still isn't active but they've never let me know. Every month I have to check it and ring up and pay the bill myself and every month they tell me "next month it'll be fine", but so far no luck. If I had just presumed it would be activated in a normal time period and not bothered regularly logging in I'd be in big trouble by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

I'm beginning to wonder about them. I set up a direct debit in September with them and it still isn't active but they've never let me know. Every month I have to check it and ring up and pay the bill myself and every month they tell me "next month it'll be fine", but so far no luck. If I had just presumed it would be activated in a normal time period and not bothered regularly logging in I'd be in big trouble by now.

Avant sent me out a letter once my direct debit was in place. I had been paying online before that and my statements had said something along the lines of ensuring I made payments until it was set up. I made a mistake on my first DD mandate and they wrote and informed me and enclosed a new form, so might be worth checking your bank to see if there is a problem at their end?

Advertisement