Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 World Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Should be over now in 5 mins...

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Curtains now surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

It looks like Higgins could whitewash Lisowski on the other table.
    Looking like the handshake or shove will be coming up for Ronnie and Ali after this frame :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The blue ball is hexed this year, I tell ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Great from Carter, very very impressive. Better player and held his nerve. Hats off to the captain.

The journeyman beats Ronnie. What a hateful man he is

Hopefully Williams or Milkins absolutely batters Carter in the quarters. Cannot stand him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Jaysus Carter giving it large there lol only a 2nd round match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Peter File wrote: »

Fully deserved though, never looked rattled at any stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,952 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Really don’t like Carter! Ronnie never turned up in that match for whatever reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

On the Hawk train now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Peter File wrote: »

Which one?

Really don’t like Carter! Ronnie never turned up in that match for whatever reason

Seems to have taken Carter for granted. He was very casual at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Delighted for Carter and delighted O'Sullivan is out. People talk such nonsense about him and overrate him. O'Sullivan didn't deserve to win in the slightest and really, Maguire should have beaten him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

sligeach wrote: »
    Delighted for Carter and delighted O'Sullivan is out. People talk such nonsense about him and overrate him. O'Sullivan didn't deserve to win in the slightest and really, Maguire should have beaten him.

People overrate Ronnie? Are you insane? Every top player believes that he is the greatest player ever.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Jaysus Carter giving it large there lol only a 2nd round match

Dont know why I’m replying cos this comment doesn’t deserve one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

I'd like to see Ding go on and win it now. Although you can bet that williams and Higgins will fancy their chances after that result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

sligeach wrote: »
    Well done Carter. Beaten cancer, dealing with Crohens disease. Hope he can beat little man syndrome too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Dont know why I’m replying cos this comment doesn’t deserve one.

The irony

I’m thinking a Higgins vs. Ding final is on the cards now. Hawkins could very well take the spot of the latter but it’s the most likely outcome IMO.

I gave Carter little chance this tournament, had him written off virtually as a top player. Got it well wrong and don’t see what’s wrong with over exuberance after beating the fav and a guy he was 0-13 against. Massive, massive win for him in the context of the last few years of his career. Whatever happens from here on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Hope he can get a frame. Don't want to see a whitewash first to 13. Only ever happened once at the Crucible when steady Eddie lost 10-0 in 1992. but he was well past it by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,952 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I'd like to see Ding go on and win it now. Although you can bet that williams and Higgins will fancy their chances after that result.

It would be great for the game in China to see Ding win it, I’m sure Barry Hearn would be delighted if he won it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Disappointed Ronnie is out.
    He never looked consistent enough over the first two rounds to show he could win the tournament though.

Really hoping Ding goes and does it now. Selby and Ronnie out should really put some pep in his step.

Hawkins and Allen will be the other two I'm cheering for.
    Barry is so consistent here and Mark has played the best out of anyone I've seen so far.

Would disgust me to see Higgins win another. Anyone but him please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Brae100 wrote: »
    People overrate Ronnie? Are you insane? Every top player believes that he is the greatest player ever.

I meant overhype and he's not the greatest ever player. Second best... probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Barry Hearn is a numptie,just like his son.Pity Ronnie is gone but history tells us not many players past 40 win the worlds

• Advertisement

It would be great for the game in China to see Ding win it, I’m sure Barry Hearn would be delighted if he won it too.

It’d also make a relocation of the tournament to China more likely though. Not sure if I’d want that myself but I think it’s going to happen in the next ten years, sooner if Ding wins a world title.

Advertisement