Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 World Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Bad decision from Wilson. At this stage he needs to make sensible choices. He was lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Wilson will probably lose this frame as well now. Nevermind, lucky reprieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

That was a long 10 seconds Hazel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

Higgins one frame away from the final :(
    16:13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

For all the talk about fitness he's looking fresh as a daisy out there. No stamina issues with this guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Higgins is an absolute matchplay machine. Wilson will learn a lot from this match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

For all the talk about fitness he's looking fresh as a daisy out there. No stamina issues with this guy.
    Never was an issue, rubbish talk. Best matchplay player ever.

danganabu wrote: »

Hard to argue with that. You'd have to make him a heavy favourite in the final, purely for his experience and matchplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Higgins in the final, I don't believe the arse licking future world champion Kyren comment from Taylor. Judd is much more likely to win one. Wilson had his chances, better players than him never won one.

• Advertisement

danganabu wrote: »

There isnt really. Was notable how many comments i heard, not specifically here mind, that Higgins would get tired by the end. In actual fact, like the true snooker thoroughbred he is, he's getting better the longer this match continues, and it has been fairly gruelling it must be said, and he'll be relishing the final you can be certain.

Higgins in the final, I don't believe the arse licking future world champion Kyren comment from Taylor. Judd is much more likely to win one. Wilson had his chances, better players than him never won one.

I don't rate Trump under pressure at all. He'll need to improve his shot selection a lot before he can win a world title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Not so sure.

Judd is weak enough mentally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I don't rate Trump under pressure at all. He'll need to improve his shot selection a lot before he can win a world title.

Agreed, but he ran Higgins close, and picked up well after a bad collapse in round 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Not so sure.

Judd is weak enough mentally.

Strikes me as a lad whos nerves go in games.

Often when an oppopent knocks in a ball from a snooker Judd looks completely distraught and upset. Its visible on his face.

Too weak mentally.

Dont get the same with poker face Higgins.

With TrumpI suspect he will never win a Worlds more solid but less talented players than him will win them.

Pretty impressed with Trump in that q/f match, especially considering how horribly his ball striking was in the lead up. Thought all the elements that you'd normally be critical of - safety, shot selection, composure etc - were all significantly improved. And happy enough to see that emotion when you consider the passivity of the likes of Ding and Mark Allen, so wouldn't fault him on that score at all. Wilson v Trump contest would be very intriguing. Can't really decide which of them is more likely to be world champion, Wilson not been around long enough to really uncover his flaws yet. But he is temperamentally solid and can pot, so if draw fell right for him any given year, he could well be good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

If Williams doesn't pull back tonight I'm going to take the day off snooker tomorrow and enjoy the nice weather we're having here in the Whest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Don't know how anyone wants to see Williams in the final ahead of The Hawk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

who is showing it live?? doesn't seem to be on the BBC .

Mark played great earlier but couldn't bridge the gap. needs a fast start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Must be a 7.30 start tonight for once.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Another fab day at the crucible. Getting ready for this evening. The atmosphere this afternoon really went up a notch, the crowd seemed to be backing Wilson so its a pity he didnt make more of a comeback. Lovely and sunny evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

zuutroy wrote: »
    Don't know how anyone wants to see Williams in the final ahead of The Hawk.

Just a personal preference. If we all wanted the same players to be in the final that would be a bit odd to my mind.

In any tournament I'll pick a player I would like to see win for any particular reason, like in Williams case just because he's a made a very surprising comeback at this late stage in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I have no favorites this year.
    I can't see past a Hawkins Higgins final though, too many careless shots in Williams imo.

Never no though, hope its a good one anyway.

C'mon Mark. the more likely to beat the cheat, Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Happy4all wrote: »
    who is showing it live?? doesn't seem to be on the BBC .

Mark played great earlier but couldn't bridge the gap. needs a fast start

Try eurosport or BBC red button

Try eurosport or BBC red button

cheers it's on bbc 2 ..didnt see it in schedule for 7 pm, but later start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

What a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Shot of the tournament from Williams, beating his escape in the first round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

What an incredible shot by Williams

Advertisement