Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 World Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Great pot by Williams. And great finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Well done MJW. hard luck Bazza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

What a finish by Williams. Brilliant stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Brilliant from Williams, so happy for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Brilliant game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Fantastic match, congratulations Mark Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm so happy with this semi and the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Thank god Williams is in the final, at least there’s one player I like in it.

Classic final session though, give me that over short, break building frames any day.

It was as if Hawkins didn't really care in the end by the look on his face near the end - just wanted to go to bed.
    Bad standard of snooker in the last session at this level really.
    Higgins to win easily.

Hawkins bottled it right at those crucial moments. Williams went for it and he deserves his win.

• Advertisement

Great attitude in losing from Barry. He wins over a lot of people with this I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Can only imagine what that takes out of you. Barry is a bit short at this level but credit for making such a great match. Do worry for Mark tomorrow though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thursday morning, I wanted a Higgins v Williams Final, but feeling slightly gutted there, that we did not get a decider. Epic play there since I turned on just after 10, expecting the match to be over, no idea who was winning, or what was happening.

If the final is anything like that Monday night, it will be something else.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ah I was hoping for a deciding frame, wasn't the greatest game ever but amazing drama, you'd hope Williams will be able to hang on to Higgins coat tails for the first two sessions anyway and it's not one sided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

An old school final ahead of us

An old school final ahead of us

Hopefully so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Combined age of 85 in what is the peak of the sport.

In what other sport would you see it?

John Higgins v Mark Williams

Now I'm really interested in the final, not so terrible a line up as me might have first though, when they are both playing so well.

The wee lad had to think about his answer there.

:D

thelad95 wrote: »
    Combined age of 85 in what is the peak of the sport.

In what other sport would you see it?

Bowls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Bad match for Barry to lose. Really feel for him.

Williams will need to stop donating chances to have any chance vs Higgins.

I’ll be cheering him on though.

Mark Williams v John Higgins in the 2018 world snooker championship final. That’s something I never thought I’d be saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,087 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Foulds and Selby on Eurosport saying the matches should be shortened :eek:

19-19-19-25-29 is what Selby suggested as that session was so scrappy, but maybe it's just because it's so late, and there will always be late sessions.

Obviously I don't agree, and I'm going to have to post my pic of Steady Eddie again.

Eddiecharlton.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I feel so sorry for Hawkins, he blew it. He must be devastated. Williams is a nice guy, and given a choice between him and Higgins, I hope Mark wins, despite one seriously obnoxious poster in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

Great attitude in losing from Barry. He wins over a lot of people with this I'm sure.

Not too sure about that. He should have been completely gutted. Example of the lack of the killer instinct that is required at this level. Hendry would have never come out with a cheerful interview like that.

Not being critical of Higgins or Williams who have played the best snooker and deserve their places in the final, but if this is the peak of the sport then it is some indictment of the younger generation that they can’t keep up with veterans who are some way past their peaks. Where are all these great players Hazel was talking about? I don’t know them.

loyatemu wrote: »

Obviously I don't agree, and I'm going to have to post my pic of Steady Eddie again.]

Too right. It was scrappy tonight but great entertainment you don't get in all of these short matches. We need a few more of the epic matches in the calender not fewer.

loyatemu wrote: »
    Foulds and Selby on Eurosport saying the matches should be shortened :eek:

19-19-19-25-29 is what Selby suggested as that session was so scrappy, but maybe it's just because it's so late, and there will always be late sessions.

Obviously I don't agree, and I'm going to have to post my pic of Steady Eddie again.

Any tinkering has to be resisted. Once they start, they’ll never stop. Know Ronnie comes out with this time after time but surprised with Selby. Thought he would know better.

Brae100 wrote: »
    Not too sure about that. He should have been completely gutted. Example of the lack of the killer instinct that is required at this level. Hendry would have never come out with a cheerful interview like that.

Wasnt really a cheerful interview, I thought he did well to answer, if that circus clown was sticking a microphone in my beak after I barely got chinned, I'd tell him to whistle

• Advertisement

Any tinkering has to be resisted. Once they start, they’ll never stop. Know Ronnie comes out with this time after time but surprised with Selby. Thought he would know better.

Ronnie was advocating 4 majors for snooker, like golf

Advertisement