Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 World Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Certainly didnt look to be brimming with confidence anyway, whether its just down to feeling his way into tournament or not. He's generally good taking on lower ranked players so just a small bit of concern, especially if he doesnt pick it up next session. Probably still win playing ugly I'd say.

Murphy being made to sweat a bit here. Could get very interesting this match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Xaio is a good player and Ding is further hampered by having to bear the burden of my hard earned. Ronnie will really be laughing if Ding goes out.

I know it's trivial enough in the larger scheme of things but everytime I hear Murphy on the bbc offering detailed criticial assessments of his opponents games, I cant help wondering if he shouldn't be concentrating more on his own game or, at least, not offering potential hostages to fortune. Bit of a struggle for him here regardless.

• Advertisement

Jones screws up and lets Murphy off the hook to sneak back in front once more.

Always the way isnt it, Jones could have gone ahead, should have gone ahead, and now he's almost certainly going to be 2 down. Wonder is that any chance he had gone now, you'd think so anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I know it's trivial enough in the larger scheme of things but everytime I hear Murphy on the bbc offering detailed criticial assessments of his opponents games, I cant help wondering if he shouldn't be concentrating more on his own game or, at least, not offering potential hostages to fortune. Bit of a struggle for him here regardless.

Yeah, it's chringy when he does that.

After that criticism Murphy is one of my favourite players to watch when he's on form!

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yeah, it's chringy when he does that.

After that criticism Murphy is one of my favourite players to watch when he's on form!

If he was offering some decent insight I'd be more ok with it, but dont believe he does really. Like, he was waxing lyrical about Mark Allen earlier and it felt like damning a guy with faint praise to me. Also said something about Allen's game not being suited to some parts of the world which I thought sounded a bit of a weird thing to say. But in fairness to him he has raised his game several gears here, one of the best to watch alright when on song.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Come on Jones! Murphy lets him in straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Come on Jamie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

I wasnt expecting Murphy to go out to Jones. That was a very enjoyable final session

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Great stuff Jamie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Is Murphy out??

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

Is Murphy out??

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Ah stop. Only threw a few pound on him yesterday. Ronnie's to lose now?

So frustrating that the evening sessions aren't on freeview, I've seen very little of at all. BBC highlights on at stupid o clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So frustrating that the evening sessions aren't on freeview, I've seen very little of at all. BBC highlights on at stupid o clock.

It will be on the red button, if you have Sky. Or alternatively if you have an Android phone or tablet, Mobdro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Ah stop. Only threw a few pound on him yesterday. Ronnie's to lose now?

I'm watching it all online, PM me if you want me to tell you how.

Having watched nearly every frame i get a work emergency call right when Murphy-Jones is getting interesting and missed the climax. Fair play to the lad, really has the Indian sign on Murphy for some reason.

Mark Allen must be looking at that and thinking if it was ever going to be his time, it's got to be right now. Not that he isn't capable of throwing a wobbly too it has to be said.

• Advertisement

Advertisement