Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 World Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

I really enjoyed the final session between Hawkins and Carrington. I had to turn off their first session this morning as it was terrible, but tonight's session was excellent. I was rooting for Carrington, but Hawkins is a sound bloke, so didn't mind him winning.

Everyone seems to be forgetting MJW. Playing really well this season and relaxed as f#ck. Pressure is anathema to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Would become the first to do the seniors/worlds double. Not sure that would say much for the game frankly but MJW certainly has the pedigree and is playing well of late too. I could fancy him against Robertson if they met, but Ronnie? Not sure about that.

Look forward to Lisowski today. Expect a lot of good snooker and some crazy shot selection with it. Fancy him to take out Bingham though. Another vulnerable seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ding looking comfortable. Hasn't had a stellar season, but as JV mentionned only Selby has taken him down in the last two years. Maybe he should be better than 8/1.

Mark Allen has come into 14/1 now with the champ gone.

• Advertisement

Very strong statement of intent from Ding this morning. Still feel that whoever beats him will be world champion in less than 2 weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Bingham would want to be careful that he doesn't knock in too high a break in case its not beaten. Money to be earned on his Pat Power account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

The Nal wrote: »
    Bingham would want to be careful that he doesn't knock in too high a break in case its not beaten. Money to be earned on his Pat Power account.

I just read up on that bit of news. What an eejit.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/wpbsa-statement-stuart-bingham/

This one I suppose references the jest earlier on in the thread

Between 1st December 2014 and 8th November 2016 he placed bets with a third party to a value of £ 4,000 that his highest break in a competition would be beaten. All of which were winning bets, where made a profit of £7,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Didn't Eurosport used to show two matches if they were going on simultaneously? Maybe that was later in the tournament...

Didn't Eurosport used to show two matches if they were going on simultaneously? Maybe that was later in the tournament...

They did. I can't remember at what stage though

Have a feeling it could be whose wobble is the less wobbliest that ultimately proves decisive in this match.

Jeezus.....Cliff Thorburn watching from Canada again, how many times does he have to tell us?!!

• Advertisement

Shaun Murphy supports the banning of football tops. Well he would do wouldn't he....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Shaun Murphy supports the banning of football tops. Well he would do wouldn't he....

Are they banned from the audience area? Thought I copped some type of blue jersey as Rob Walker started introductions.

He's a bit of a high-horse merchant. Too moralistic and perfect for grubby old me.

He's a bit of a high-horse merchant. Too moralistic and perfect for grubby old me.

Really couldnt have sounded a bigger knob as he prattled on about standards and perception and other such bolloxology there. And rigged out like Bertie Wooster to cap it all. Does himself no favours with all the cr@p that spews out from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Barry Hearn was on twitter saying the sports shirts are not in line with the image he wants to present. Fair enough. But then in another tournament (the shootout one in Watford) we have the players looking like darts players, and all sorts of rowdies screaming out during the game. So it's a different game depending on where you play it.

I've no issue with Hearn's view that Sheffield is for the traditional side of the game of snooker and 30 or 40 years ago you probably didn't have people routinely turn up in sports gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

They used to do that for the whole tournament. This year they're only showing one table live on tv and the other on the Eurosport player which is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Really couldnt have sounded a bigger knob as he prattled on about standards and perception and other such bolloxology there. And rigged out like Bertie Wooster to cap it all. Does himself no favours with all the cr@p that spews out from him.

haha he is a hated figure alright.

You'd wonder why he under performs so much too. Is he not putting in enough practice or something.

This Brecel v Walden match could be good.

Barry Hearn was on twitter saying the sports shirts are not in line with the image he wants to present. Fair enough. But then in another tournament (the shootout one in Watford) we have the players looking like darts players, and all sorts of rowdies screaming out during the game. So it's a different game depending on where you play it.

I've no issue with Hearn's view that Sheffield is for the traditional side of the game of snooker and 30 or 40 years ago you probably didn't have people routinely turn up in sports gear.

The whole thing just feels heavy handed because apart from Coventry lad, I cant think of anyone else who goes to snooker matches wearing football tops. I dont like em myself but doesnt bother me if that's the apparel that some people feel comfortable in. In this instance it's like they've introduced the rule for one spectator and his season ticket at the crucible is finising up this year anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I've no issue with Hearn's view that Sheffield is for the traditional side of the game of snooker.

Although I notice they have darts-style walk-on music now. Disappointed if Jamie Jones's isn't this:

Advertisement