Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave a phone contract / legal proceedures

Options
  • 19-04-2018 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just wondering has anybody ever left a bill pay contract early or had any legal aid due to insufficient data/coverage.
    Ever since I joined 3 last summer 2017 I have had poor service. First they said it was my phone as it was a meteor phone. I got a new phone at Christmas a 3 phone and still the same issue. Since Feb I have been trying to come to some agreement or alternative arrangement as I have a year and a half left in my contract but they have brushed it off.
    Any advice tips would be amazing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi

i would suggest you complain officially, while in contract and escalate through the channels. If you reach the end of that complaint process and have not got satisfaction, you can contact comreg and complain you are not getting the service you are paying for.

PS did you get a new contract at christmas? knowing there were issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lunaticeire

Hi

i would suggest you complain officially, while in contract and escalate through the channels. If you reach the end of that complaint process and have not got satisfaction, you can contact comreg and complain you are not getting the service you are paying for.

PS did you get a new contract at christmas? knowing there were issues?

Hi they assured me there wouldn't be any issue if I got a new phone and aim obviously I was naive I will admit that. They said I could have a month free as a good will gesture. Still same issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Hi they assured me there wouldn't be any issue if I got a new phone and aim obviously I was naive I will admit that. Thwybsaid I could have a month free as a good will gesture. Still same issues

Ask them for a recording of that call.

That is a very questionable selling tactic; your network coverage should be completely independent of who sold you the handset.

If your memory is accurate, I would go back to them and ask them to explain why they sold to you in this manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lunaticeire

Ask them for a recording of that call.

That is a very questionable selling tactic; your network coverage should be completely independent of who sold you the handset.

If your memory is accurate, I would go back to them and ask them to explain why they sold to you in this manner.

I was in the shop I think so no recording as such. There is so much complaints on the fb page I don't understand why they ate getting away with it. Not having proper coverage in a city is ridic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I had a similar issue a few years ago and the legal term that got me out of it was frustration of contract. Essentially the provider could not provide a stable service which invalidated the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

This is a mobile service not fixed line, the networks do not guarantee that it will work at all locations, even your home address.

I have been with 3 since they first opened in Ireland and have been generally happy with their service, I get 4G in most areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

I signed with three for home broadband last Monday 23rd of April
    Virtually unusable speed approx 0.77mb download and 0.70 upload Will be returning the modem to the 3 store in the next few days as that is pure pathetic speeds and can't expect customers to pay for that

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Steve F wrote: »
    I signed with three for home broadband last Monday 23rd of April
    Virtually unusable speed approx 0.77mb download and 0.70 upload Will be returning the modem to the 3 store in the next few days as that is pure pathetic speeds and can't expect customers to pay for that

Expect a battle from 3.

Advertisement