Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Row Selection "No Window" Incorrect

Options
  • 19-04-2018 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

On Ryanair's website when booking a seat its states that Row 11 (A) "this seat has no window"

This is incorrect, as it's Row 12 that doesn't have a window at the seat.

Is this across all Ryanair aircraft or were we just unlucky in that they gave the wrong information on booking the seats?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭kc56

vicwatson wrote: »
    On Ryanair's website when booking a seat its states that Row 11 (A) "this seat has no window"

Is this across all Ryanair aircraft or were we just unlucky in that they gave the wrong information on booking the seats?
    11A and 12F have no windows according to seatguru.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Flew home from CIA last night & I was sat in 12F, wouldn’t say it doesn’t have a window, just need to sit forward to look out it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kc56 wrote: »
    11A and 12F have no windows according to seatguru.com

Ryanair website shows only 11 as no window but it is infact row 12
    EICVD wrote: »
    Flew home from CIA last night & I was sat in 12F, wouldn’t say it doesn’t have a window, just need to sit forward to look out it.

Yes but Ryanair say its row 11 has no window on their booking platform, but it does, it's row 12 that doesn't (have a full window)

Row 11 has a full window

It's really just to let people know, in case they had a child or whoever looking for a window seat. Book Row 11 upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Seat 11A doesn't have a window. Worked on board them long enough to remember that little detail!

Seat 11A doesn't have a window. Worked on board them long enough to remember that little detail!

Wrong. I sat in row 12 and this was my experience, row 11 (A and F) had a window, row 12 did not (have full window)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

By any chance do the slimmer seats on newer aircraft make a difference to which row is windowless?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

vicwatson wrote:

If you worked in IT you'd understand that software developers count from zero. I.e. 11 is actually the twelfth row.

vicwatson wrote: »

Wrong. I sat in row 12 and this was my experience, row 11 (A and F) had a window, row 12 did not (have full window)
    Okay. Take a look at this photo...

024e748d-2fcc-4907-885b-6af481db53d9_zpsqbcat16q.png

It clearly shows row 9ABC and 10ABC, the blank wall (in other words, no window) is clearly visible directly behind it in row 11ABC so unless the newer cabin with slimline seats changes this, there is no way row 11 has a window.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

It clearly shows row 9ABC and 10ABC, the blank wall (in other words, no window) is clearly visible directly behind it in row 11ABC so unless the newer cabin with slimline seats changes this, there is no way row 11 has a window.

To put this one to bed, I recently sat in row 12 both out and back legs of a UK trip from Dublin. Out was one of the newer aircraft with the slimline seats - no window in row 12.

Back was one of the older aircraft with the traditional thicker seats - window in row 12 but none in row 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

This is why I always choose a window seat in rows 25 - 29 :)

• Advertisement

To put this one to bed, I recently sat in row 12 both out and back legs of a UK trip from Dublin. Out was one of the newer aircraft with the slimline seats - no window in row 12.

Back was one of the older aircraft with the traditional thicker seats - window in row 12 but none in row 11.
    Thank you for clarifying this. I suspected the newer cabin could be the only reason for the OP to be so insistent we were all wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Why do they not have a window

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

The duct for the cabin air conditioning systems come up from below the cabin to the roof void space at those locations.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Thank you for clarifying this. I suspected the newer cabin could be the only reason for the OP to be so insistent we were all wrong!

I only said you were wrong, not all

I sat in row 12 a few weeks back and it had a partial window, row 11 had a window, I know what I saw

Advertisement