Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Cream Van to visit offices?

Options
  • 19-04-2018 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anybody have the number or contact details of an ice cream van who would be prepared to take a spin up to the offices in Leopardstown.

There#s a few thousand of us here gagging for a 99.

Not looking to rent or hire one, just looking to see if one might be interested in calling around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Greybottle wrote: »
    Just wondering does anybody have the number or contact details of an ice cream van who would be prepared to take a spin up to the offices in Leopardstown.

There#s a few thousand of us here gagging for a 99.

Give Teddy's a ring they have many vans.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There used to be one that would sit outside Microsoft in Sandyford last summer. Another one sits on the plaza at beacon south quarter during the summer. Two genius spots. They need to stick about a bit after lunch though, its when the 3pm munchies kick in that your really want your soft serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

There used to be one that would sit outside Microsoft in Sandyford last summer. Another one sits on the plaza at beacon south quarter during the summer. Two genius spots. They need to stick about a bit after lunch though, its when the 3pm munchies kick in that your really want your soft serve.

This. Is. It.

Most of us are on lunch from 12-1 and I wouldn't be able to face into one at 1.00.

Teddy's were open to coming around some day, just need the weather to pick up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I often saw them near the food market on fridays.

We just send someone down to dunnes/supervalu/aldi to get a load of cornettos or magnums etc, they do HB selection packs too.

I see other businesses in sandyford getting deliveries by tesco, though the timing might not be exact.

I often get milkshakes on hot days, the chipper, Romayos in ballaly shopping centre do deliveries and have milkshakes and ice cream on the menu. I suppose it is easier to have a van turn up and everybody pay themselves though.

here is another crowd. seem to be quite a few out there, I saw them advertising before for weddings which I thought was a great idea.

http://www.mrwhippy.ie/corporate-events/
    We are available last-minute bookings for your corporate event. Please contact us for more details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

For the first time in well over a decade I seen an ice cream van in Dun Laoghaire, music playing and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

tomofson wrote: »
    For the first time in well over a decade I seen an ice cream van in Dun Laoghaire, music playing and all.

They're there all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

They're there all the time.

Its been a long time since I've seen one in the actual town, this was on york road. Maybe the surrounding areas they are seen all the time but not so much that close to the town.

Advertisement