Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Laura Whitmore ever break America or her high heeled shoes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

ligerdub wrote: »
    You're a gas man Mikey. You really don't give 2 ****s. Either that or you're a wind up merchant. Either way, your posts amuse me. Keep up the good work.

In other news, if Laura Whitmore and David Coulthard were to procreate......imagine the jaw on that.

Thats-Nice-Now-Feck-Off-Mug-Mrs-Browns-Boys-mugs-Office-porcelain-Coffee-Mugs-cups-ceramic.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Do you have your bedroom in your mam's house literally covered in Laura Whitmore pin ups Mikey?

...yes, yes you do.:pac:

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Do you have your bedroom in your mam's house literally covered in Laura Whitmore pin ups Mikey?

I live on my own.

None of your ****ing business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Mental illness is a terrible thing.

Mental illness is a terrible thing.

Yeah, people who are obsessed with that fat feminist pig from Cork are mentally ill.

Please guys no more making fun of me on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

American-Psycho-16.jpg

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    American-Psycho-16.jpg

If you can't be nice, be gone. Did you not read the post above?

• Advertisement

Just ban people who are taking the piss. Ages since I've done it but I think you just quote them and add /threadban. Should do the job

Omackeral wrote: »
    Then why don't you tweet her or something... unless you're already blocked.
    /threadban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

She has very squinty eyes does she wear contacts.

/threadban

Just ban people who are taking the piss. Ages since I've done it but I think you just quote them and add /threadban. Should do the job

I'm not a moderator, I'm not sure if just doing that works.

I don't think it matters. They haven't posted since you banned them, must be working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

She tries to promote herself a lot, but ever since her relationship with that guy from the Coronas (I think) ended, nobody really cares. She did Strictly to try and build up her audience in the UK, alone, and it didn't help her, either.
    The one gig she had in the Uk-presenting the I'm a Celeb.... after show...she quit. Which is really bizarre, as that was the one thing keeping her in the spotlight for her own skills.

She's barely that of a socialite to be honest. Even Angela Scanlan found out the UK doesn't want someone presenting unless they are good at the job.
    So will she break America? Not a hope. It's pretty much too late for her. If she's lucky, she'll get a rich husband, and disappear into the ether like Nadia Forde, or Georgia Salpa. Never to be heard from again, unless she produces a child and then she can write about being a busy mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Even Angela Scanlan found out the UK doesn't want someone presenting unless they are good at the job.

Does that mean Angela Scanlan is, or isn't a good presenter?

Effects wrote: »
    Does that mean Angela Scanlan is, or isn't a good presenter?

From what I've seen....isn't a good presenter. I only know her from her RTE excursions, where she wasn't great, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

She's very pretty, but already in her 30s and without any sort of discernible talent, so I don't think she's going to break America at this point. She'd either have to be younger or have a more impressive resume.

She's very pretty, but already in her 30s and without any sort of discernible talent, so I don't think she's going to break America at this point. She'd either have to be younger or have a more impressive resume.

I was trying to think of other Irish to Uk presenter examples. The ones' that sprang to mind were Emma Ledden and Amanda Byram.

Amanda Byram had two established shows in the US, but she was already established in Ireland, and the UK. Whether it was The Big Breakfast in the UK, or The Swan in the US. But she didn't 'crack' the US. The shows she presented were generally tacky.

But Byram had an impressive CV. She was able to go from Ireland, to UK, to USA, and back. Whitmore's barely gotten established in the UK, and she's sort of looking to try and get a job back in Ireland now.
    The problem there is, there are many presenters on the sidelines hoping to get that major gig on RTE (Lottie Ryan for one-Blathnaid Treacy is gonna temporarily move to Xpose while one of the presenters is on maternity leave. That just shows you the lack of presenting gigs here in Ireland. And that's not even mentioning the presenters who left Ireland to try and crack the US, and it didn't happen.)
    When Whitmore was starting out, she could have gone to the US and tried to crack the TV stations over there.
    IT's too late, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just so I have this straight Mikey:
    you want to be able to say what you want about someone you don’t know on this thread, and censor/block anyone who has a differing view on those posts, or you (someone they don’t know)? You cry that you’re entitled to your opinion, but complain when others have theirs. Do you not see any hint of irony or double standards there? This is a public forum after all.

If you want to be insulated from the opinions of others, why don’t you set up a private Laura Whitmore Fan Boy Page/Blog and disable comments? I think you’d be much happier there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I don't do social media.

Kick it old school with the trenchcoat and binoculars in a bush? I can respect that. Restoration of a lost art form.

Then why don't you tweet her or something... unless you're already blocked.
    /threadban

giphy.webp

I'm not a moderator, I'm not sure if just doing that works.

giphy.webp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Chelsea Many Pension

Just so I have this straight Mikey:
    you want to be able to say what you want about someone you don’t know on this thread, and censor/block anyone who has a differing view on those posts, or you (someone they don’t know)? You cry that you’re entitled to your opinion, but complain when others have theirs. Do you not see any hint of irony or double standards there? This is a public forum after all.

If you want to be insulated from the opinions of others, why don’t you set up a private Laura Whitmore Fan Boy Page/Blog and disable comments? I think you’d be much happier there tbh.

What happens when parents are cousins

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't think it matters. They haven't posted since you banned them, must be working

It's changed with a recent vBulletin update due to an encapsulation method.

it's now /*threadban*/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: If you left the modding to the mods and stopped making a show of yourself, maybe you wouldn't feel the need to make posts like the above.

I live on my own.

Shocking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Shocking.

Try to keep a straight face now!

• Advertisement

Shocking.

/*threadban*/

Mod: If you left the modding to the mods and stopped making a show of yourself, maybe you wouldn't feel the need to make posts like the above.

Please, I ask you, warn these guys who are having a go at me.

/*threadban*/

You don't need that second ''/'', that's why it's not working. Try again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It probably because the keyboard layout is set to ENG (UK), it needs to be set to the ENG (IRL) in the localistation settings

/*threadban*

/*threadban*

The slash is the wrong way around. It needs to face the other way. This ''\'' is the one you need.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

To answer the question - Nope she is too old and her baps are too small

The slash is the wrong way around. It needs to face the other way. This ''\'' is the one you need.

\*threadban*

*threadban*\

• Advertisement

\*threadban*

Jesus, you have the slash at the wrong end. It's an end function, that's why it goes at the end, not the start.

Jesus, you have the slash at the wrong end. It's an end function, that's why it goes at the end, not the start.

*threadban*\
    NEVER TALK TO OR ABOUT ME AGAIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

small but perfectly formed.

*threadban*\

You put the wrong part in bold. It's threadban bit you need to put in bold to make it work.

I'd say poor Laura would have similar thoughts about your good self sir.

Press the Alt button and F4 on our keyboard at the same time to enable the correct keyboard settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

*threadban*\

Boards has an ignore poster option. In your control panel, in settings and options, you can edit your ignore list. So you need never worry about posters you don't like ever again. Not perfect, but significantly better than your current efforts.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Think the only thing I know her for was getting an MTV show remember reading about it years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

sasta le wrote: »
    Think the only thing I know her for was getting an MTV show remember reading about it years ago?

She used to present MTV News, I think. Whatever it was, it confirmed her airhead status.

Relikk wrote: »
    She used to present MTV News, I think. Whatever it was, it confirmed her airhead status.

What's an airhead? Is it someone who likes plane flights?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

What's an airhead? Is it someone who likes plane flights?

Google it.

You'll like it - next to the description is her picture.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement