Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brocock Bantam HR Sniper

Options
  • 19-04-2018 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Anyone got any info on the above air rifle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Between the name and some of its physical features, expect your local Superintendent to acquire an eye twitch like Chief Inspector Dreyfus.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭TombstoneT

Thanks Melodeon, Maybe I'll get "Clouseau" on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

The fact that it's advertised as a 'semi bullpup design' may make things difficult for you.

Thanks, I''ll keep that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

It has "sniper" in the title, so that will make it an evil restricted laser deathray long range anti-personnell "weapon" in the eyes of AGS.............

......as opposed to beig really quite useful inside slatted houses and around the yard or on a poultry farm for rats and pest birds.........or on a golfcourse in around enclosed greens if you've been asked to help with rabbit control.

Back when I got my old bsa superten, a sergeant tried to indicate he would insert a condition it could only be used either on an authorised rifle range OR on one field only in my own farm, because it backs onto the base of the neighbouring hill and therefore I have approx 1850 metres of backstop. He also wrote in a report to the supers office (obtained by me via data access request) that I had applied for an excessive number of "rounds of ammunition" and 50 or 100 would be more appropriate given the dangers of such high numbers of "rounds of ammunition"

Dimwit didn't realise you could easily fit a thousand "rounds of ammunition" (pellets) in your shirt pocket.........!

Anyways that was a few yrs ago now and I would not be without my S-10, awfully useful around the farm.

• Advertisement

Good story, I have met one or two of those pre-programmed robots in my time, so hard to deal with. Hopefully I will have more luck. Thanks

Advertisement