Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work bike shed ideas & recommendations

Options
  • 19-04-2018 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I work in a company of 50-60 employees which is based in an old house that has been adapted into office space in the Dublin suburbs. There are four employees who regularly cycle and to date we have been storing the bikes in a reception area for lack of a better alternative. It is far from ideal as the reception is used as a break out space from training and meetings so having four bikes lined up against the wall doesn't look great as well as cutting down on valuable space.

The CE has asked us to look at bike shed options to resolve the current situation.
    In terms of future proofing the shed/ structure would need to accomodate 6-10 bikes maximum and be secure as in an area of high risk of theft (where isn't?) either by individual key holders or security panel.

Rather than solely looking at sourcing a shed and with a rack inside, I wanted to see if anyone has come across any ideas that worked particularly well and any features that work better than others in terms of storage or safety.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

How about a shipping container? Can get 20 foot ones, should easily store the bikes you expect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

might be worth tweeting or leaving a message on facebook to the dublin cycling campaign, asking if they have come across similar questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

kenmc wrote: »
    How about a shipping container? Can get 20 foot ones, should easily store the bikes you expect

We have a shipping container already used for file storage in the grounds - this was raised before but was knocked back (maybe on ease of opening grounds) but could be worth revisiting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

These are installed in UCD and I see they are fairly well used, not sure what peoples thought on them are? http://www.bikelocker.ie/buy-a-bike-locker/

I believe them or a similar company were also offering a deal of one free for you for home if you recommended them to your company and your company bough 3 or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement