Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home plugs

Options
  • 19-04-2018 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've had Eir vision installed yesterday and I need a question answered. From the wall box to the the router & onto wall plugs is a complete mess of wires. Connected to the router via Cat 5 cables are two homeplugs. Why two? I don't understand why there needs to be two of them, we do have multiroom, is it that we have two STB's that we need two homeplugs to transfer to the two STB's? If so cannot a single homeplug transfer via WiFi to two STB's.
    On another point, we're on the 150mb package. Depending on the device speed tests have ranged from 100mb download on laptop to 50 on a mobile device (these would be maximum figures). Does TV via broadband impact that much on download speeds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi, I've had Eir vision installed yesterday and I need a question answered. From the wall box to the the router & onto wall plugs is a complete mess of wires. Connected to the router via Cat 5 cables are two homeplugs. Why two? I don't understand why there needs to be two of them, we do have multiroom, is it that we have two STB's that we need two homeplugs to transfer to the two STB's? If so cannot a single homeplug transfer via WiFi to two STB's.
    On another point, we're on the 150mb package. Depending on the device speed tests have ranged from 100mb download on laptop to 50 on a mobile device (these would be maximum figures). Does TV via broadband impact that much on download speeds?
    Hi Machinehead ,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, in this department, I would be unable to assist with matters like these. You will need to contact our technical support team on 1890 260 260 to have this looked into. 

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement