Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 27 UNDEFEATED Miocic v Cormier

• 19-04-2018 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭

Looks promising so far...

was on bt at 3am today and repeated at 10pm thurs

There's a few characters in this season.

Comments

Now that I see your post it appears that I wont be going to bed :( Forgot this is out yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Now that I see your post it appears that I wont be going to bed :( Forgot this is out yesterday

:pac: love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

the first fight was a bit short:P one hell of a guillotine

it's a shame we didn't get to see more of gunther

would like to see him in a right scrap, real likeable sort though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Did this start yesterday at 10pm on BT was it? (the repeat on Thursdays).

Or is it next Thurs is starts?

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Did this start yesterday at 10pm on BT was it? (the repeat on Thursdays).

Or is it next Thurs is starts?

started yesterday, first showing at 3am on bt, repeated at 10pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Anyway to watch online?

Mellor wrote: »
    Anyway to watch online?

It's here but in 4 parts

https://www.mma-core.com/galleries/TUF_27_Undefeated/4130416

Got a link sorted ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Is it not on Fightpass this year? I'm trying to watch it and it won't let me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

Its only on fight pass for Australia (you might end need that link Mellor)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Despite the fact that we only saw about 15 seconds of actual fight it was a good start to what should be a great season.

Great dynamic between the opposing coaches. Total professionals in fairness to them.

Interesting episode. Not surprised at the result. Gunther fight history appeared to be a much lower quality of opponent. All 16 are undefeated, quality of those records probably varies a lot.

Anyone else notice that Richie was first LW pick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just gonna spoiler tag this because most people don’t probably haven’t watched it yet:
    Brad seems like an absolute gent, delighted he won and it’s great to see an SBG fighter do well, I thought Richie was the only one from the team on this season. I never really heard of Brad coming over to SBG but they’ve got a serious prospect on their hands there. Those calf kicks had a lot of venom and his wrestling looks great. Hopefully himself and Richie do the double. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Katona is surely a serial killer, no?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Katona is surely a serial killer, no?!

Loved the Dublin twang in his accent lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/991870420394491904

dc is doing well with his team but this made me laugh:D

lad with the afro is pretty good, wouldn't like to be living in the same house as him though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Must be the most annoying group of contestants in a long time. The constant whinging, moaning and needless arguing is ridiculous already only 3 weeks in.

The cheek of the two lads on Cormier's team to be having a go at him. Who do they think they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Unfortunately these days on TUF everyone seems serious about "making it".

The early seasons were full of chancers and pissheads - was much more entertaining tbh.

That dude with the Afro was good alright. He's 6" 3 and was well under LW. He'll probably fight at FW if and when he fights in the UFC.

• Advertisement

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Unfortunately these days on TUF everyone seems serious about "making it".

The early seasons were full of chancers and pissheads - was much more entertaining tbh.

That dude with the Afro was good alright. He's 6" 3 and was well under LW. He'll probably fight at FW if and when he fights in the UFC.

Doubt it. All his fights that are shown on tapology (10 or so) prior to joining the show were at 155, with exception of one at 170.

Big difference in the amount people are cutting between local amateur shows and the UFC.
    I'd expect most guys to either cut more, or slowly pack on more muscle when as they move up the pro ranks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

No episode this week?

I've nothing in my recorded lineup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

theteal wrote:
    No episode this week?

theteal wrote:
    I've nothing in my recorded lineup

There was ! Lightweight fight between trezano and your man thailand Clark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

ianob7 wrote: »
    There was ! Lightweight fight between trezano and your man thailand Clark

mmmm, don't know why it didn't record so. Off a torrent hunting I go. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Didn’t record for me either, second time it’s happened now, running out of patience with BT and their ever-changing schedule.

Would someone be so kind as to give me a very brief recap of the episode? Can’t even be arsed streaming it now. Just the fight result and any drama that might’ve occurred. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

martyos121 wrote: »
    Didn’t record for me either, second time it’s happened now, running out of patience with BT and their ever-changing schedule.

Would someone be so kind as to give me a very brief recap of the episode? Can’t even be arsed streaming it now. Just the fight result and any drama that might’ve occurred. Cheers. :)

You can find all episodes on the link that was posted on the first page. I've been watching them through that every week.

I think it's hilarious we are 5 weeks in and Richie Smullen hasn't been seen at all, other than floating around in the background of shots here and there. Here's a quiet and unassuming guy, I'd say he hated all that big brash American alpha male type nonsense that goes on in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I'd say he hated all that big break American alpha make type nonsense that goes on in the house.

He's just biding his time until her can rip their knees apart.

I think it's hilarious we are 5 weeks in and Richie Smullen hasn't been seen at all, other than floating around in the background of shots here and there. Here's a quiet and unassuming guy,.

They tend to ramp up coverage of a particular fighter on the week before they fight. E.g. Suman was covered a lot during the latest (injury played a part).
    So hopefully Richie gets a look in this weeks episode, as he's fighting next week.

• Advertisement

So hopefully Richie gets a look in this weeks episode, as he's fighting next week.

Any idea how he gets on?

Paully D wrote: »
    Any idea how he gets on?

Haven't heard anything. But I've been trying to avoid as many spoilers as I can though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

So, calf cramps then

cletus wrote: »
    So, calf cramps then

That was as weird a thing as I have ever seen!

I wonder if it was caused from dehydration? I thought all around his eyes were looking really brown in the close up shots which is usually a sign of dehydration. And what with not really cutting weight maybe he wasn't paying as much attention to drinking fluids as he normally would be. Plus he was talking about all the miles put in on the treadmill every day.

So weird. You could see how much pain he was in.

Man, that was so disappointing. I really felt for Richie there. What a way for that to end. The poor ****er.

The others fighters in the house, including those on the opposite team, were all talking him up saying how good he was as well. He clearly had impressed them in training.

I do wonder if he might get another chance to fill in in Steele or Pena’s place considering they are both out injured?

The AKA mentality of running people into the ground is very much alive and well during this series anyway.

I can't remember a more disappointing tuf episode, my heart sank for richie yet thinking at the same time he'd still fight
    what a downer omg :(

the way they build up a fighter and then that...

such a quiet unassuming fella which is another reason you would root for him, trains all day in the hope of making this pay makes you want him to succeed so bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

That was as weird a thing as I have ever seen!

I wonder if it was caused from dehydration? I thought all around his eyes were looking really brown in the close up shots which is usually a sign of dehydration. And what with not really cutting weight maybe he wasn't paying as much attention to drinking fluids as he normally would be. Plus he was talking about all the miles put in on the treadmill every day.

So weird. You could see how much pain he was in.

They also gave him an IV in the locker room so he was definitely dehydrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm not so sure he'll get another shot. Dana was pretty pissed off and didn't seem supportive of Richie. Just said "that's a wrap then" and walked out.

Plus if Dana is blaming nerves, he's not going to be too keen to try again in case the same thing happens.

And it's not like Conor is in the best place to be calling favours at this point.

Gutted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I can't believe it. Maybe it was too much running, etc? Like already said, I've never seen anything like it, absolute ****e.
    Hope he can somehow come back :(

I’ve had a similar thing happen to me in the late stages of a marathon and for me it was absolute agony. Worst pain I’ve ever suffered in my life. It took about an hour before I could even stand and probably another 2 before the pain went away.

For me it was a combination of dehydration and overtraining. If Smullen wasn’t used to doing that 5/6 miles every morning, combined with the Vegas heat and the dehydration during the weight cut then it was a disaster waiting to happen.

I’m guessing that after the weight cut he would have been relaxing and not very active but when he started warming up and blood started flowing quickly his legs would have just totally locked up.

I hope he gets another shot.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I'm not so sure he'll get another shot. Dana was pretty pissed off and didn't seem supportive of Richie. Just said "that's a wrap then" and walked out.

Plus if Dana is blaming nerves, he's not going to be too keen to try again in case the same thing happens.
    Well unfortunately I was right, and Dana was pretty cutting in the process.

Doesn't even sound like Richie will get a shot on the finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I met Richie walking to the shop beside Concorde, i stopped him and he seems in good spirits. Such a nice guy and a good coach himself too

I met Richie walking to the shop beside Concorde, i stopped him and he seems in good spirits. Such a nice guy and a good coach himself too

Just finished watching this weeks episode. Disappointing to see Dana so dismissive in giving him a second chance. Any idea if this was recording around the time of Conor's NY activities :D:D

Did you ask Richie anything about what happened?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Well unfortunately I was right, and Dana was pretty cutting in the process.

Doesn't even sound like Richie will get a shot on the finale.

Yeah, he was and I don't get it? Didn't we hear it was a genuine medical problem? I still don't understand it, like why was he so affected by "overtraining" and others weren't? But it was not just nerves, so it was gutting to hear Dana's "I'm not interested" :(

Good to hear Richie's in high spirits and doing well though now though.

And just to add I really enjoyed watching Dulani's beating haha :D

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I still don't understand it, like why was he so affected by "overtraining" and others weren't?
    They were only training together for a few weeks at that point. If it was overtraining, it would have been from the work put in during the months before.

Aaaah, ok. Makes more sense, thanks.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    And just to add I really enjoyed watching Dulani's beating haha :D

Likewise.  I've never seen such boasting before a fight.  He made McGregor seem like a humble chap.

Then goes out and gets absolutely beaten to a pulp.

I also took great pleasure in Dulani’s beating. It certainly seemed to soften his cough a bit.

Interestingly with Dulani he’s the only fighter that I can recall over the last few years anyway that we didn’t get to see any of his family life, friends, hometown etc from the home video. All it was was a few seconds of him in the gym, and the rest of of him driving around in a flash car talking about how expensive his jewelry was.

Probably says it all.

They were only training together for a few weeks at that point. If it was overtraining, it would have been from the work put in during the months before.

He said he had done 30 miles on the treadmill that week alone. All taking place before their full sessions. If he is not used to running that will definitely take it's toll quickly.

The DC/AKA training methods. Have all the injuries been from DC's team so far?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He said he had done 30 miles on the treadmill that week alone. All taking place before their full sessions. If he is not used to running that will definitely take it's toll quickly.

The DC/AKA training methods. Have all the injuries been from DC's team so far?

Their have been a few injuries but most happened in a fight. One injured his foot and the other had a concussion. Sure, it might have been due to over training but it could easily have just been normal fight injuries. Some other guy tore his ACL not sure if he won his fight though.

Yeah, all the other problems were fight related, don't think any one else cited training issues as being a factor.

The lad who tore his acl ( Suman Mokhtarianas) was told he came into the competition with it already injured, he wasn't aware :(
    There's been a lot of real heartbreaker moments in the last few episodes, just gutted for a good few at this stage, but at least Jay and Gunther get another shot #silverlinings

• Advertisement
Advertisement