Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a house valued

Options
  • 19-04-2018 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

We have been informed recently that when buying a house, and getting a mortgage, a pre-approved valuer from the bank's own list has to come and see the house before the mortgage is granted.

We will be facing this situation shortly. Is there anything we need to be mindful of? Is the valuer looking for anything, other than the value of the house? And does it matter which valuer from the list we employ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Nothing to worry about at all. Employ the one closest to the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

We weren’t given a choice about who would value our house. I was given a central number to ring, the person in aib looked up their system at who was close by, and told me who they were assigning us to.
    They did say that if that person couldn’t do it, they’d go to the next closest on the list. I’m sure that if I had asked, I could have had someone different, though geography might have prevented that

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭misc2013

Is this new? Don't rem this when buying in 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

misc2013 wrote: »

Was done even back then but it was more of a rubber stamp, not that it's much more than that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

misc2013 wrote: »

It was rarely done back in 2005.
    It's being done now primarily to ensure that the house the mortgage is being sought for actually exists!

• Advertisement
Advertisement