Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can the book be beaten... here for a year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭del roy

Monday 8.40 tick the boxes 1pt e/w 20/1

as you can see TICK THE BOXES has been nibbled at already, Jerry will be giving the english lads the heads up 30 minutes before the text, we will see how it goes obviously we need to get the best prices to beat the book but we will see how much amage they can do in 30 minutes before we assess the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rubia6633

48. rubia6633

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

49 spindex

• Registered Users Posts: 14 94shane

50. 94shane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Can any one that posted here that wants the link to whatsapp then please message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Bigsliothar

51 Bigsliothar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Whatsapp group needs to be just Del Roy posting the selections and nothing else, any comments or questions should be on here otherwise we will have our phones going mad with people commenting.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Will tips still be here, or is it all on whatsapp now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭mulbot

Good evening people-I'm just checking back in,what way do we link up to receive txts please,I just see talk of snapchat,if that's the way,can anyone let me know what I need to do,I don't have whatsapp installed yet,Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

52 nonoperational

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

53 dclifford

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

Shelflife wrote: »
    Whatsapp group needs to be just Del Roy posting the selections and nothing else, any comments or questions should be on here otherwise we will have our phones going mad with people commenting.

yes, my daughter just explained to me if someone in the group says hello we all get it.

if thats the case I will forward the selections to the whole year inn, then he can forward them to everyone in group and no one reply as we will be checking our phone all day.

mulbot wrote: »
    Good evening people-I'm just checking back in,what way do we link up to receive txts please,I just see talk of snapchat,if that's the way,can anyone let me know what I need to do,I don't have whatsapp installed yet,Cheers

Mul

I will bang them up here for the next week as well until everyone is sorted.

beertons wrote: »
    Will tips still be here, or is it all on whatsapp now?

I am still going to use here for results and comments for after the race plus any messages from Jerry.

Beerton

I will bang them up here as well, its just some people prefer texts or cannot always get on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭xlogo

del roy wrote:
    I will bang them up here as well, its just some people prefer texts or cannot always get on the internet.

So are they going to be up here at the same time (approx) as the WhatsApp group?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

54 gooseygander

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭madmax72

55 madmax72

xlogo wrote: »
    So are they going to be up here at the same time (approx) as the WhatsApp group?

Yes the text group is only for lads who can't get on the net and would prefer a text.

8.40 tick the boxes 1pt e/w 25/1

8.40 TICKS THE BOXES 25/1 1pt e/w
    Tick the boxes last ran at this course last September when rated 68, minus the 5LB the jockey claimed. He didn’t get the best of rides, drawn wide and never covered by up the inexperienced jock, he ran on to be beaten just 6L and 1/2L in a seventeen runner handicap. Having checked the weather forecast there is a good chance of rain this afternoon and early evening because we will need it as his best form is soft or good/soft. I don’t think he is a 25/1 shot.
    Ok he is only 1 from 23 on the turf however he is 7 from 23 in the place stats. So a 30% strike rate in the place market is not too bad. He has acted well on the all-weather so goodish ground should not be a problem. He is drawn much better today in stall 6 and a much experienced jockey Tom Eaves plus the fact he is running off the lowest mark he has ever run off on turf.
    Even with his 1/23 record, the 25/1 place side of the bet is just too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 orchardman

56 orchardman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

57 emc2

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

58 Ballyhagan

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

59 ColdTurkey

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

60 The Mig.

Use the Broadcast List option on Whatsapp rather than setting up a group. Can easily send out the tip to 60 or so people without the need for a group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Well. I got the link by pm but it keeps coming up as invalid when I click it

del roy wrote:
    Yes the text group is only for lads who can't get on the net and would prefer a text.

Thanks - the irony is that tips will be lost in the amount of posts being done to set up the WhatsApp group :-))

• Advertisement

Thanks - the irony is that tips will be lost in the amount of posts being done to set up the WhatsApp group :-))

Tick the boxes last ran at this course last September when rated 68, minus the 5LB the jockey claimed. He didn’t get the best of rides, drawn wide and never covered by up the inexperienced jock, he ran on to be beaten just 6L and 1/2L in a seventeen runner handicap. Having checked the weather forecast there is a good chance of rain this afternoon and early evening because we will need it as his best form is soft or good/soft. I don’t think he is a 25/1 shot.
    Ok he is only 1 from 23 on the turf however he is 7 from 23 in the place stats. So a 30% strike rate in the place market is not too bad. He has acted well on the all-weather so goodish ground should not be a problem. He is drawn much better today in stall 6 and a much experienced jockey Tom Eaves plus the fact he is running off the lowest mark he has ever run off on turf.

del roy wrote: »

We can keep the whatsapp group to just posted the tips,and maybe a notification by a member or two just before off in case anyone hasn't got on and then a post to display the results,keep chat to bare minimum .I can set up another group for chat and if interrested in that,then send me a message on whatsapps and we can set it up.

Also you can open whatsapp in browser https://web.whatsapp.com/ and you can use your phone to scan the qr code and you can have whatsapp open then incase cant use phone at work or what ever.

Also you can open whatsapp in browser

and you can use your phone to scan the qr code and you can have whatsapp open then incase cant use phone at work or what ever.

There's also a boards app to view the thread.

There's also a boards app to view the thread.

Yep true,just give the other members a chance to get on if they missed a notification from boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

61. hefferboi

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wrapper

62. wrapper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

63. Mountjoy Mugger

Right lads
    I have asked THE WHOLE YEAR INN to make MountJoy Mugger the last, sorry if you didn't make the list but it is closed now. Anyone who was following the bets would or should have been logging into the thread, its not as if we are looking for more people to back these we are not.

Right so going forward

THE WHOLE YEAR INN will watsapp the bet to everyone in the group.

Please DO NOT REPLY OR COMMENT ANY REMARKS BACK.

I will be back here each evening to put up any comments from Jerry.

There will be a bet put out at 2.30pm Jerry just making sure no rain hits the course.

77 bets
    9 winners
    +96.7pts

Ticks the boxes
    I did not think he would have been given such a hard race once no rain came, he took the horse who won the race last year on for the lead, they went very fast, I will look at the sectional times later but I expect this horse to be entered soon as to my eye the jockey was getting him fit for another race soon.

Jerry.

4.30 king lud 9/4 3pts win

I am privy to some views from certain trainers about their horses via a website I am in hence when he first ran I gave him out as an e/w bet at 66/1, he finished 4th.
    He then went to Chepstow, the ground turned soft before the race not without being backed very heavily. He finished 2nd beaten by a 7yr old hurdler who had very good form on soft ground so it was in my view a very good effort. In my view staying will be his forte so the 2/1 offered today for King Lud back against his own age is quite generous. I know we missed the 3/1 last night but I would not be too keen on taking such a short price if any rain hit the course today.
    Salisbury is Baldings local track, I think the run in at the track should suit this horse well and I think he should win.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

del roy wrote: »
    Right lads
    I have asked THE WHOLE YEAR INN to make MountJoy Mugger the last, sorry if you didn't make the list but it is closed now. Anyone who was following the bets would or should have been logging into the thread, its not as if we are looking for more people to back these we are not.

Right so going forward

THE WHOLE YEAR INN will watsapp the bet to everyone in the group.

Please DO NOT REPLY OR COMMENT ANY REMARKS BACK.

I will be back here each evening to put up any comments from Jerry.

There will be a bet put out at 2.30pm Jerry just making sure no rain hits the course.

77 bets
    9 winners
    +96.7pts

Ticks the boxes
    I did not think he would have been given such a hard race once no rain came, he took the horse who won the race last year on for the lead, they went very fast, I will look at the sectional times later but I expect this horse to be entered soon as to my eye the jockey was getting him fit for another race soon.

Jerry.

Ticks the boxes running today at 2.00 in yarmouth.

Regarding tick the boxes

I am wondering if Yarmouth will suit this horse today, its a big wide track and I would have thought Yarmouth would not be the ideal track.

Jerry

Today

6.50 belgrove 14/1 2pts e/w

6.20 woodland opera 2pts win 9/2

info stuff.

A loss of 9pts over the last two days.

80 bets
    9 winners
    +87.7pts

I tell ya what, I know BELGROVE was outclassed in that race but the height he jumped at the first fence, jesus when he landed he must have hurt himself, he jumped about 3ft higher that the fence, that is good ground there at Punchestown tonight, I am sure the horse felt that.

Brighton 5.25 it's how we roll 1pt e/w 12/1
    I gave this horse twice last year when it was rated in the mid 60s. down to 55 with the claimer taking 3LB off surely gives it a chance in this race. Looking at his form he has some decent races at Windsor which like Brighton has a long straight.
    IT'S HOW WE ROLL is only a 4yr old and last year when only a 3yr old was not beaten far in better races than this.

Jerry

This was my short write up when this last ran at Brighton, he was a well beaten 8th of 11 runners beaten 9L.
    As del would say, they are acting the bo**ox with this horse, take for instance the race he finished 5th in at Windsor

the winner is now rated 71
    the 2nd is rated 70
    the 3rd is rated 62 won his next race
    the 4th is rated 59, was 2nd next race, then won.
    5th its how we roll rated 60, was 9th and 8th next two races and handicapper drops him 7LB, runs off 53 tomorrow.

Oh and just for good measure the 6th won next time out and is now rated 74
    the 7th has not run yet
    the 8th ran three bad race
    but hey the 9th horse in this race finished 9th next time............but won his next three races, finished 2nd in his next two races and is now rated 76.
    the last horse in this race was beaten 22L has run seven races since 3rd 3rd 3rd 2nd.

As I say our lad is in here off 53 with G. Lee booked to ride, first ride for this stable he rode the horse once before finishing 3rd on him when trained by C.Hills. The stable have had

2 wins
    1 2nd place
    2 3rd places
    2 4th places

from the last 10 runners

Can't let it go at 18/1.

Tomorrow 5.30 its how we roll 18/1 1pt e/w

Jerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Del, Its How We Roll is anon runner now

razorhead wrote: »
    Del, Its How We Roll is anon runner now

I am sure Jerry will be keeping an eye on that, I am not so sure his friends across the water will be happy with the write going on here though as it will be hit when the books open next time it runs.

3.30 winds in my sail 7/1 2pts e/w

info stuff.

3.30 winds in my sail 7/1 2pts e/w info stuff.

8.35 Black label 1pt e/w 16/1

Black label has run 23 times on turf resulting in a one win, three 2nds and four 3rds.
    On turf and alweather combined he has run 44 times, during them 44 races tonight's jockey C.Keane has ridden Black Label
    five times resulting in form figures of 42331.
    He has 6L to make up with HURRICANE SKY when you look at last weeks 1m5f handicap but he is 6LB better off and the extra 2f should suit Black Label.

Black Label has run 9 times on the flat. Results below
    4/10
    6/23
    15/20
    2/9 C. KEANE
    11/17
    3/14 C.KEANE
    3/14
    2/13
    9/10

so out of the five times C.Keane rode Black label, two of them races were at Leopardstown where he finished 2nd and 3rd plus the fact Mr Keane is back on makes him a decent e/w tonight at 16s.

Just to reply to a few questions.

Your bank management is terrible, you lost 10% of the bank yesterday.

I didn't actually as 3pts belonged to the KING LUD bet the day before. I tend to take it easy when I am evens or just a little bit ahead but in general I do not like the size of my bank to dictate how much I have on a bet. I prefer to trust my judgement and gut feeling on how much I put on. I do not think I over stake however I do realize each to there own.

Somewhere back on this thread you said never bet on a horse to do something he never did before but you do, often.

Didn't realize I said that but what I meant to say is if a horse is being asked to run a distance or run in a class he has not run before or do anything he has never did before then I would expect that to be reflected in the betting. I will then have a look at the stats/breeding/trainer ect ect and check if the price is too big or not worth the risk. I should have said
    if I am betting on a horse to do something for the first time ever I want that to be reflected in the betting with double digit odds.

Why are the majority of your bets in 12 runner or more class 4/5/6 handicaps.

I don't know, I think its where I perceive the value to be, rightly or wrongly. Firstly I love horse racing and leaving aside for a minute I am trying to make money from it, I also love to watch the big meetings and am not afraid to give it a go risking 10 or 12 points on a Saturday afternoon. Don't forget I would class racing as my hobby so I do love it.

How many points would you be satisfied with at the end of the year.

That's a tricky one, I do not want to go into my last six years but with the money I put on anything under 70pts would be tough for me to take as I put so much time into it. However with people watching this thread, the guys in the UK and just friends/family plus 70pts would be fine. I will eventually slow things down and there will be less bets.

Jerry

8.50 school boy error 5pts win 2/1 info stuff

Saturday york
    3.35 Neola 1pt e/w

Ladbrokes 40/1 boyles 33/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Sent my details to The Whole Year Inn

Haven't received any what's app messages?

abarkie wrote: »
    Sent my details to The Whole Year Inn

Haven't received any what's app messages?

I will pm him and ask him to put you on the list. ok.

8.50 school boy error 5pts win 2/1 info stuff 1st 7/4

Ok lads we lost half a point yesterday and won 10pts tonight.

83 bets
    10 winners
    +97.2pts

• Advertisement

Todays bets.

3.35 neola 1pt e/w 40/1

5.35 jacobs cats 2pts e/w 11/1

4.45 aye aye skipper 2pts e/w 9/1

Advertisement