Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit taken. Not an Eir customer

Options
  • 20-04-2018 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

I signed up to Eir in carphone warehouse as id mobile went bang. After 2 weeks of waiting for my number to port to Eir. I contacted the carphone warehouse and told them to cancel the port. I have since joined VM with no porting issues. Now Eir have taken a direct debit of €24.75 from my account. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

willah wrote: »
    I signed up to Eir in carphone warehouse as id mobile went bang. After 2 weeks of waiting for my number to port to Eir. I contacted the carphone warehouse and told them to cancel the port. I have since joined VM with no porting issues. Now Eir have taken a direct debit of €24.75 from my account. 
    Hi willah ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

Contact your bank, ask them to pull back the direct debit. They will because you're fully entitled to do that then log into your online banking, check your direct debits and cancel the eir one.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

EIR's response seems to repeat itself yes it seems nothing is getting resolved, not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Just an update on this. I got my bank to get me the refund but now Eir are sending me bills for €18.45 and it seems they have passed my details to a debt collection company. I am receiving texts from arvato to contact them urgently. What a shambles of a company Eir are. My number never even ported to them. 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just an update on this. I got my bank to get me the refund but now Eir are sending me bills for €18.45 and it seems they have passed my details to a debt collection company. I am receiving texts from arvato to contact them urgently. What a shambles of a company Eir are. My number never even ported to them. 
    Does it matter if your number ported or not? Did you get a new sim card and they say your contract was active from when you signed up? We went with eir 15 euro a month for 12 months offer for ID customers.. Porting took a couple of days as had three numbers but went pretty smoothly.
    Hope you get sorted.
    Cheers
    Mick

• Advertisement

Does it matter if your number ported or not? Did you get a new sim card and they say your contract was active from when you signed up? We went with eir 15 euro a month for 12 months offer for ID customers.. Porting took a couple of days as had three numbers but went pretty smoothly.
    Hope you get sorted.
    Cheers
    Mick
    I think it does matter that the number didn't port as I never activated the sim they gave me. Carphone warehouse assured me the account was not active as the number never ported. I asked them about direct debits and again was assured they wouldn't be taken as account or sim was never activated. But 2 months later now and I am receiving bills for a service I never used and texts from a debt collection company. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hope you get sorted.
    Cheers
    Mick
    I think it does matter that the number didn't port as I never activated the sim they gave me. Carphone warehouse assured me the account was not active as the number never ported. I asked them about direct debits and again was assured they wouldn't be taken as account or sim was never activated. But 2 months later now and I am receiving bills for a service I never used and texts from a debt collection company. 
    Unfortunately, I have not got your details from our previous conversation. Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Unfortunately, I have not got your details from our previous conversation. Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Thomas

:):):);)

A stock reply...

Hope you get sorted.
    Cheers
    Mick

Thanks 

Thomas
    Pm sent again. That debt collection company started calling me today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hope you get sorted.
    Cheers
    Mick

Thanks 

Thomas
    I'm sorry to hear this. 

I'm afraid Thomas is not in today, I have responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hope you get sorted.
    Cheers
    Mick

Thanks 

Thomas
    I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Good morning Eir. Your pm yesterday stated my details would be removed from the debt collection companys list. Unfortunately this is not the case as I have just received another call from them. Can you please remove my contact details immediately as the calls every day are becoming a nuisance to me. 

Hope you get sorted.
    Cheers
    Mick

Thanks 

Thomas
    I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Good morning Eir. Your pm yesterday stated my details would be removed from the debt collection companys list. Unfortunately this is not the case as I have just received another call from them. Can you please remove my contact details immediately as the calls every day are becoming a nuisance to me. 
    I'm sorry to hear you received another call from the debt collectors. 

I have been in contact with them, however, it can take a few days for this to come down off the system. 

Apologies for the delays incurred. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

1850 715 815

Good morning Eir. I have received calls every day this week from that company. I will be making a complaint to the data protection commissioner about this. Can you please delete any of my personal data from your system immediately and ask your debt collectors to do the same. 

Good morning Eir. I have received calls every day this week from that company. I will be making a complaint to the data protection commissioner about this. Can you please delete any of my personal data from your system immediately and ask your debt collectors to do the same. 
    Hi willah, 

I'm very sorry to hear this. 

I have been in contact with them again to remove you from their list and I have removed all your contact details from your account with ourselves. 

Apologies again. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi willah, 

I have been in contact with them again to remove you from their list and I have removed all your contact details from your account with ourselves. 

Apologies again. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Is there any way I can call Eir? When I try to call and I enter my cancelled account number it won't put me through. I have received calls yesterday (Monday) and today (Tuesday) from Arvato this is beyond a joke at this stage. You confirmed I don't owe anything as the account was never activated. So can you tell me why were my details passed to a debt collection company who are harassing me for money I do not owe. 

Hi willah, 

Apologies again. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Is there any way I can call Eir? When I try to call and I enter my cancelled account number it won't put me through. I have received calls yesterday (Monday) and today (Tuesday) from Arvato this is beyond a joke at this stage. You confirmed I don't owe anything as the account was never activated. So can you tell me why were my details passed to a debt collection company who are harassing me for money I do not owe. 
    Unfortunately, when your account closes you are unable to access the IVR system any longer. 

There were bills issued on the system so this is why it was passed onto the debt collectors, there is no money owed on the system any longer and I have spoken with a manager who has removed you from their list.  

I do understand your frustration here, however, I have done all I can from my side. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Looks like your on your own Willah. This is beyond incomprehensible. They generate an invoice that you dont owe,confirm no moneys are owed,yet seem unable to call their attack dogs off.!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Shocking but this is typically how Eircon operates.

Eir the name change may have changed but nothing else has apart from it's even worse.

Shocking how they treat customers.

Advertisement