Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D Beginners Game: Act 1, Scene 1: The Hero Experience

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Stufur pauses for a moment.

"People look to the child at your feet, he has been assaulted."

He runs to the portal, but does not jump through. He looks to see the child is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Fourier wrote: »
    Stufur pauses for a moment.

"People look to the child at your feet, he has been assaulted."

He runs to the portal, but does not jump through. He looks to see the child is safe.

Two women are amongst the five, they rush over to the child.

'Goodie, Goodie - are you ok? Don't run off like that again!'

They turn to Stufur.

'Get out of here, king killer! Haven't you caused enough damage!'

The other three men are rushing towards Webby, who is pelting them with stones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Halfling! Let's get out of here!!"

He leaps through the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

I stop pelting and call Stufur over...

'Come on you stupid elf, its time!!'

I check my bag to make sure I have everything still on me, turn to the portal and jump in.

As Stufur and Webby leap through the portal, it slams shut behind them. Where they went... no one wants to find out.

The child looks up from the floor where one of the women is cradling him.

'Mama? That man throwing rocks was small like me, I just wanted to see him a bit closer.'

The woman slaps him across the face.

'No, Goodie. He was a half-breed. You are my pure blood son, just a little... shorter than most. Don't worry about those horrible people anymore.'

The womans hugs Goodie and weeps.

Goodie looks around though... he feels as if the halfling was kindred spirits with him. A strange feeling of anger comes over him as his mother speaks the words 'half-breed.' Someday, when he would be big and strong, he plans to visit the halflings, leave this village and never return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Fector Hammerchop selects a war hammer, a short sword and a crowbar, placing them in his backpack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stu grabs the pen, dagger, and wineskin before diving head first into the portal.

Ooc these items valid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭conor222

OOC: Which one of the next threads has 9lives landed in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

OOC: They’re not all up yet, don’t think 9lives has one yet...

• Advertisement

OOC: Thread coming shortly for the rest, apologies for not getting to it last night

'Hello... are we back?'

The room is empty this time save for a select few in the audience carefully watched by the guards.

Mike steps onto the stage of the arena again.

'For those of you with Vivimantic headsets carved from the eyes of beholders, we had some... technical difficulties.

We have another contestant for you all.... and what do we say?'

The guards poke the audience to scream: 'BRING HIM OUT!'

Mike smiles as Lucillus is dragged from the bowels of the arena, screaming in protest.

'Ladies and Gentlemen - this bastard is guilty of a far greater crime than king killing... He tried to take down the Hero Experience!'

The crowd boo and hiss as Lucillus is dumped in front of Mike like others before him.

'You thought you'd get away with it - hiding in the crowd and casting those spells of yours to set good decent people into a near full on rage. Well now you get the full on... Hero Experience.'

He straightens his tie.

'We once again ask of you...

What is your name?

What is your crime?

Do you repent?

I say, do you repent?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lucilius serves the God of Reason. He looks calmly at Mike while he applies logic to his thoughts. He decides not to kill Mike as killing him it would not serve Lucilius's God. Logic dictates that he should live longer to serve GoR. Lucilius swallows hard. "Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa."

Lucilius serves the God of Reason. He looks calmly at Mike while he applies logic to his thoughts. He decides not to kill Mike as killing him it would not serve Lucilius's God. Logic dictates that he should live longer to serve GoR. Lucilius swallows hard. "Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa."

'Of course, do you see everyone - he admits it!'

Mike shrugs, jumping from foot to foot, taunting the cleric.

'God worshippers... how can you worship one when there are so many? Anyhow, like the one before you.. no God can save you where you're going.'

He gestures to the table of equipment.

'3 items to take with you below. And this.'

He slams a backpack, equipped with a full waterskin and a holy symbol into Lucillus' chest.

'Make up your mind, and then you will go....'

Crowd: Down the HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!

Lucilius straps the pack on to his back. He grabs rations, a 50ft rope and a mace.

The guards drag Lucius to the re-opened portal.

Mike sneers at the cleric.

'Any last words for us, God boy?'

The guards prepare to toss him into the portal.

• Advertisement

"My name is Lucilius not Lucius, Mark." While muttering a prayer to himself, Lucilius pushes past the guards and jumps through the portal.

The guards shout in anger as Lucillus dives through the portal.

Mike shakes his head.

'We done here for now? Clean this sh1te up, I'm going for a drink.'

A rolling bar on wheels with a number of dwarves pulling it pulls up.

Mike hops on, and turns to their one customer...

A sunburned, cloaked figure.

'Who the fcuk are you?'

Time begins to slow down....

OOC: Lucillus, you are now here: Hammer and Tongs

Mike is on the stage again, looking rather dishevelled.

'Another one? Jeez, they don't make heroes like they used to, do they?'

He addresses.... well, no one. It is the middle of the night, and no one is in the arena.

'Invisible audience, our next contestant is another one of those knife-eared gremlins. Otherwise known as an elf. I don't even care what they did, fact is - they are in our cells, and we wanna get rid of them. And what better way than to chuck them down the....'

Crickets. Mike forgot there was no audience.

'Ah for fcuk sake, bring her out and let's get this over with.'

Meera Trakos is dragged kicking and screaming from her cell. She is dumped in front of Mike, like so many before. Mike shrugs.

'So...

What's your name?
    What's your crime?
    Do you repent?
    I say, do you repent?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Meera ignores Mike completely.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Meera ignores Mike completely.

Mike nods.

'They do this from time to time... eh.. folks? Big, brave adventurers think that ignoring me is the most hilarious thing to do...'

He laughs.

'Their last words to the world, hidden away because of stubborn foolishness! Very well, wench...'

He slams a backpack into her hands, containing a spellbook, quill and waterskin.

'3 items from the table, no more, no less. Then you go down the... Actually... No.'

He smirks.

'No Hole for her. Blindfold the b1tch and take her to the opening. And set the timer. Our king killers have reached the main dungeon...

And one of the Hunters will be unleashed very soon.'

He smirks at Meera.

'You'd better run... tick tock, tick tock! Cos if the Hunters catch you...'

Meera tosses her hair impatiently and picks up a longbow (with quiver and arrows), dagger and scale mail. She awaits her fate

The guards blindfold Meera and the last face above ground she sees is Mike leering at her.

'Ta-ra knife ears! Don't let the skeletons bite!'

She is dragged for what seems an age by the guards, before they come to a sudden stop.

The guards take off the blindfold and she can see a guard to her left fiddling with a timer.

'3 days for the first one, that oughta make it a chase!'

He looks at the elf.

'What? Yeah, you can tell those king killing scum they have 3 days... if there's any of em alive that is. 3 days until The First Hunter rips them to pieces. Now, in you go!'

They lift the elf and heave her directly at the cliff face....

OOC: Molly/Meera - Final word if you like then to The Hunted thread

Meera ignores them.

Mike comes shambling back on stage, looking decidedly balder than normal, desperately trying to tuck his shirt back into his trews with one hand while the other beats his assistant with a news scroll.

"Seriously, this is getting unprofessional! I was taking a crap for Soet's sake - This whole damned circus has gone to the hellhounds since we sold the rights to that damned vampiress pudding-merchant. This one better be worth it, I mean if all we can offer is a little bit of barf and a couple of wet paper bags that can't knock over some angry bones we are dead in the water come next season, Strictly Come Fencing is going to destroy us in the ratings. We need gore! We need magic! We need sex! Get Vic to scour Coalside for some half decent bar wenches, we'll fill them full of powdered Huncubi tail and give them some wands - we can still swing this thing back. We still live to the regency? Gimme my hat and pass me the notes."

The assistant pulls a silver gelatinous blob from their satchel and slaps it down on Mike's head - he winces as it forms into place, and then delivers his trademark winning smile.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Drakes and Dragons, Orcs and Orechiettes, we're still live, I'm still Mike Rochurst, I have lost all track of time and space but this is definitely THE HERO EXPERIENCE!

You've seen proud warriors ripped apart! You've seen priests abandoned by their gods! You've seen weak flesh yield to the might of imperial steel! But wait! There's more! There's…"

He looks at his notes.

"Oh come on!"
    He casts his gaze left and right, but no one will meet it.
    "Tsk. It's another elf. Whoop whoop! Ok - She's crafty! She's sly! She pimps orphans to get high! Let's have her, boys!"

An elf maid is thrown before him.

"Ah you know what, this one looks sorry. I think we should let her go. What do you think?"

The pudding on his head indicates that it's receiving a lot of negative feedback from his viewership.

"I mean, what's the purpose of a penal system if there's no room for reform? Am I right?"
    The tingle in his scalp becomes a burning itch, suggesting that no, no he's not right.

"What's your name child?"

OOC : Hint : It's Lalwende the warrior evoker, in case I wasn't clear who's intro this is :D

"Lawlende, sir," she says smilingly.

"look at that smile" he purrs, cradling her chin. "I can't stay mad at those teeth. Honey, take this pack, take three things from the table - call it compensation - and you can head on home. Just promise to be good now!"

"look at that smile" he purrs, cradling her chin. "I can't stay mad at those teeth. Honey, take this pack, take three things from the table - call it compensation - and you can head on home. Just promise to be good now!"

"Thanks, Mike. Here's my number, baby. Anytime." Lalwende grabs rations, a dagger and scale mail. "Let's do this."

"ok, you go on your way now."

The guards gently but firmly direct her off the stage.

"There she goes folks. Living proof of our great lands capacity to forgive. A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help the downtrodden. We've done a great thing today."
    The sensation in his scalp escalated to a rapid stabbing pulse as the jelly relayed dissatisfaction.
    "And remember Lalwende, there's no place like home, there's no place like home,"
    Knitting needles
    ".. there's no place like...."
    Full on Migraine

"HOLE!"
    And the wave of pleasure hits.

Right on cue, Lalwende is headbagged and shoved through a door. In the empty arena, his words fall flat but the endorphin rush from the approval of the subscribers more than make up for it. He really shouldn't tease them but deep down he thought they enjoyed it even more than he did.

It's some time before the elf has her bag removed and is cast through a seamingly sheer cliff face. One can only hope Mike found time to finish his dump.

Ooc : off to The Hunted with you!
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/106819289

Advertisement